• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Collectibles

Vic17

Earning My Ears
I hope someone can help me...

I am wanting to know what the new storybook ornaments will be this year?? Also is there a new one for the convention?

Also, can anyone tell me all of the diecast they have made and do they make new ones each year??

Thanks!!! I appreciate any help!!

Thanks a bunch!

Vickie

Hi,

I haven't seen a list of the new storybook ornaments yet. I don't think it is out until late summer or early fall.

As for a convention ornament set, they are not having the Christmas convention anymore (if that is what you were referring to).

I have a very large collection of the Disney ornaments and am looking forward to seeing what will be available this year.

I don't know much about the die cast at all....anyone else able to help with that one? :confused:

Sue Ellen

I just called (407-363-6200) and ordered 3 more diecast. I will now have Dumbo, Peter Pan, Splash Mountain, Pooh, Test Track, Dinosaur, Liberty Square Riverboat, Big Thunder Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Kali River Rapids, Teacups, Astro Orbitor, Buzz Lightyear, Monorail and the Cruise Line ship.

I need one from Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean ride vehicles.

As of early May, the die cast vehicles in the Disney Attractions Collection (now Theme Park Collection) are:

$5.00 series

Dumbo
Peter Pan
Tea Part
Kali River Rapids
Pooh
Splash Mountain
Astro Orbiter
Dinosaur ATV (repackage of Countdown to Ext)

$6.00 (new price point)

Buzz Lightyear

$10.00 series

Liberty Belle Riverboat (discontinued)
Jungle Boat (discontinued)
Main Street Fire Engine (I think is disc.)
Big Thunder Railroad

$15.00 series

Monorail
Hearse

I haven't seen Space Mountain, Pirates or Haunted Mansion but they would be logical choices.

The AK die cast are not included, nor are the WDW annual die cast bus models. I have not seen new packaging of the Test Track vehicles (made in two sizes) that would make them part of the collection.

I'm not aware of anything new after "Buzz" but if there is, I would appreciate hearing about them.

If anyone knows of any of any new "drops" please email me so I can keep the list up to date.

I'd really like to see the Main Street Omnibus in the series! How about other collectors? What would you like to see added?

thanks

I'd like to see a "Small World" boat added to the collection.:)

Just got back from WDW a few hours ago and the $5 ones are now all $6. Don't know about the others.

If anyone is going to Orlando soon and looking for any of these die casts, a lot of them can be found at the Disney outlet store in the Beltz Mall on International Drive for lower prices than in Disney. I got quite a few of them at half price! Also while back home in Fort Lauderdale, at the Sawgrass Mills Mall Disney outlet, they had the the discontinued ones for half price also!

Sue

MickFreak,

Specifically which ones did you see at cheaper prices, and which ones did you see "discontinued"?

Thanks for the help!

Flyinglizard,

I got:

Tea Party

Pooh

Splash Mountain

Astro Orbiter

Liberty Belle Riverboat (discontinued)

Jungle Boat (discontinued)

Main Street Fire Engine(might be discontinued)

Big Thunder Railroad

We almost bought them in Downtown Disney, but decided there were too many to buy at once and it would cost some serious money. Then, when we went on our trip to Beltz mall, I saw a bunch of them in the Disney Outlet and bought them. I am soooo glad we decided to wait and not buy them at Downtown Disney.

Sue

Sue,

I agree with you- I think the Fire Truck has been discontinued- as well as the Big Thunder Railroad.

With the "discount pricing" you found, it looks like the whole series is in trouble. But then again, they just brought out Buzz Lightyear last month. Hmmm...

Anyone know someone in WDW Merchandise?

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter