Disney Club

mickg7dyd

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I was wondering if there is any advantage in joining the Disney Club as a member of DVC,or are the discounts etc. just duplicated?
Mick.

The only reason we have the Disney Club card is because it gave us discounts on our AP's...most of the other discounts are the same. It used to be that we could get discounts on cash rooms with the DC card but now they only discount packages. When we need to fill a day or two with a cash room we look for AP rates.

DVC only offers a discount on the length of stay passes (or whatever they call them now) ...if you get these the DVC discount is better than the DC one. For all other park passes there is no DVC discount.

Disney Club is currently giving 20% off National Car Rental and a free weekend day. It save me about $40 on my last trip. Plus I plan to use it for my new AP, $15 off.

Alot of the perks we get being Disney Club members we already get through the 100 other cards we lug around with us. We joined primarily because we're just Goofy about Disney and so we can buy the 8 park passes we need and the two AP's we need for us for our upcoming trip.

Once I've learned about the various 'discount' sellers, I'm not sure its worth it to us to keep the DClub, as alot of the benefits do seem to be things we won't do (EuroDisney or whatever they're calling it these days/Disney Land/hotel packages, etc)...but then again, its only $30 or so and we get Disney stuff year round to give us our fix until we can go home again.

I hope this helps,
Joe

Don't forget the free magazine subscription, I guess it's worth the renewal price to keep that coming!

DC also gives you a Disney Store discount, in case they have one of those near you.

They are not supposed to accept DVC cards to discount there, but there have been some reports of people getting discounts with their DVC cards. Probably just employee confusion.

I'm pretty sure DVC does get a 10% discount at the Disney Store....its just tickets that the discount doesn't apply to, though some CM's have given it even for those (lucky folks there!). At least when we joined we were told about that discount....it may have been taken away. We used to get a discount at World of Disney too...and now that's only with the DC card and a $25 purchase.

I'm honestly not sure if I'll renew my DC this year....we won't be buying AP's again until late 2003 (if we go that route) and the other stuff's not really worth $30. We'll see. I'm sure I can buy the magazine for less!

A 10% discount at Disney Store is available to both DC and DVC members. We have both mainly because:

1. We get AP's and use the 5% DC discount for that. With DVC only park ticket discount is the 10% off the LOS.

2. DC provides close to a 20% discount on National Car rentals and we always get a car in WDW.

3. The DC card gets you 20% off a round of golf at WDW. Note there is a DVC discount that is higher(25% to 30% depending on time of year) but that one requires you to buy an annual golf membership card for $85 plus tax and is good only for rounds after 10 a.m. The DC discount is ideal for use for one or two prime early morning rounds.

Thus, we find the DC card more than pays for itself.

DC also offers up to 50% off on hotels across the country with the Entertainment discounts. We saved lots of $ in Philly last year.

Originally posted by drusba
A 10% discount at Disney Store is available to both DC and DVC members.

Are you sure about the DVC 10% store discount? Some salespaople only allow the discount for the DC. Do the salespeople know the difference?

You do get a 10% discount at the Disney Store with a DVC card. You also get the discount on collectables which you do not get with the DC card.....:D

Now the strange thing I’ve discovered is that I get the DVC discount AT the Disney Stores, but they WON’T give it to me when I order by phone through the catalog. Last two times I called to place an order they said that DVC membership didn’t warrant a discount through the catalog. Yet every time I physically go into the stores, the cast members are more than happy to give me the discount. I’ve even had a prolonged conversation with the manager of my local Disney Store about how cool it is to belong to DVC (as he was giving me the discount?!?)

Doesn’t make much sense but it could just depend on which employee you get and what sort of mood they are in that day……

Do you get the 20% National Car rental discount on all size vehicles or is it limited to economy size cars? Thanks.
BobH

I think you're right about employee savvy. On a recent visit, the DC was accepted (for 10% discount) at DD World of Disney Store but DVC was not.

DC discount with National Car Rental applies to all size cars. The DC web site indicates 10%, but in practice I have routinely received a 20% discount using the web-based reservation and my Emerald Club membership.

Ralph

Hi,
Thanks for all the replies...the car hire discount sounds very tempting so I guess I will be joining!!
Thanks again.
Mick.
Boston.
UK.

I've found the extra occasional DC discounts and offers useful too :)

I managed to last a year without renewing my DC membership, but I've just sent off to join again for this year (I missed the magazine! :crazy: )

The DVC card will not get a discount at DD, but the DC will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter