• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Club reservation question

dkostel

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I'm hoping someone can answer this. I'm getting anxious waiting for AP codes so I thought I'd book w/ my Disney Club discount and then have the codes applied when they comeout. Since the Disney Club discount is applied to what is technically a package (wide world of sports ticket included) and booked through disney travel is it difficult to then switch to a 'room only' rate with an AP code? Does anyone know what Disney Travel's cancellation policy is?

Thanks in advance-

Donna

When I called Disney Club a few days ago for rates, I asked the CM if I could change the reservation when AP rates came out. He said no they could not. They would have to cancel the DC reservation and make a brand new reservation with the AP. He then told me to go through CRO and get a regular reservation or AAA reservation, which can be adjusted when the rates come out. After he transfered me, I made an AAA reservation and was told again I could change it when the new rates come out.

I did this last year. I had a DC rate at CBR and switched to a code. They cancelled the DC res, credited the deposit to my card and then did a new CRO res with the code and charged the new deposit. Then CBR closed, I switched to BWI with an AP rate, they just charged the difference on my credit card since it was still a CRO res.

DebbieB, we did this last year too. Same thing, they cancelled the res and credited it to the new reservation.

But the CM told me they are no longer doing that and we would be bound to the cancellation policy (which I don't remember the policy terms right now) He could be wrong, so it doesn't hurt to ask! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter