Disney Club renewal proration

Tigger's Friend

<font color=6666FF>Roses are red, Violets are blue
I posted this on the Budget Board but thought I should post it here as well since alot of people use their Disney Club card for discounts on their resort rooms. So, here is my post from the Budget Board:

This may be old news to the DIS board but I couldn't find it anywhere. I called the 800# listed on the back of my card to see how much it would cost to renew. My current card expires March 2003. The woman I spoke with said that they are prorating the renewal fee based on the # of months you have left to cover for 2003. My renewal for April 2003 to December 2003 was $22.46. The new card takes about 2-3 weeks to receive.

Hope this helps those who have vacations booked for 2003 and their card was running out before the vacation.

Thats good to know . Mine runs out in Feb. and I was wondering what they would do because I read you have to renew before December.

You still need to renew before Dec 12, 2002....but, they are prorating from when in 2003 your card expires until the end of 2003.

I renewed mine a few weeks ago and they didn't prorate the cost(it would have expired in Feb) I wonder if this is something they just started. My card does say it expires on Feb. 2004 though.

MickeyandMinnie.....

If you go to the disney club website there is now a Q & A section about the club closing posted there. They are giving refunds to those who have cards that expire after December 2003. My suggestion is to give them a call.

This is part of what is on the site:

"My card has an expiration date in 2004. What happens to my member benefits after December 31, 2003?

There will be no member benefits beyond December 31, 2003. Qualifying members who paid for their memberships and have an expiration date beyond December 31, 2003 will receive a refund for the unused portion of their membership. Lifetime members will not receive a refund since their memberships benefits were valid only 'until the end of the program."

my card expires in July 2003 and we currently have a trip booked for next December using the DC discount!!!! I was getting a little worried.

I'm glad I read this thread. My DC card expires Sept. 03. Just called to extend my membership through Dec. 03 and was given a prorated amount of $7.49. I'm sure I will save that in trips to the Disney Store alone around Christmas. Thanks for the info.

I was going to post this but glad that someone else did. I have a trip booked in October 2003 but my card expired September 2003. I called the Disney Club about something else and asked if I could renew it til the end of December and was told sure that they would prorate it. I think that they should promote this option though but I couldn't find it anywhere on their website.

Cdnmickeylover

I am glad my post helped. Sooooo many times I use the information I find here and was glad to be able to pass along the proration information when I found out.

:)

thanks for the info. I was wondering if they would prorate. glad they are though i will miss the card:(

Thanks for letting us know about the prorating.....it worked, $22.46 for a 3/03 expiration!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter