Disney Club is not what it is cracked up to be!

waltdisneyworlddreamer

100% WDW Fanatic
I was so excited to see 15% off Moderate resorts for the time when I have reservations (July) and so UPSET after I called CRO.
There are no discounts when I am going so I thought this would be great to save a little money. I called and spent about 10 minutes on the line going thru 2 different operators finally to find out that they want the money 21 DAYS in advance. Is this not ridiculous???? For one thing I cannot come up with that much money that quick (it would be like in a week) and I have elderly and sickness in my family so I could be forced to cancel my plans at any time.
I was SO UPSET!! I told the CM that there is always a catch she said they just have "policies". I think Disney policy is to rip everyone off.

Don't get me wrong I love WDW dearly and nothing would keep me from going back again and again but I just get so frustrated when they it seems that all they want is money!!

We just got DC, after making ressies at much lower rate than DC offers. We paid $29 for it and saved almost $11 each on four 5 Day Hoppers. I figure it has already paid for itself. Plus I got a car from National for $199 for 8/9 days with the coupons that came with the card. Not to mention while in The Disney Store yesterday I saw something I wanted, but didn't "really" need, for 50% off and they added my discount to that too!

I've been very happy with the DC. I got an okay discount for PO this past January, and I got 50 Disney Dollars because I got the package that comes with LOS passes. I got a really good price on a preferred site at FQ this November.

I guess 21 days before hand is fast when you make your ressies right before you leave, but most of us make our ressies a year or so ahead of time. Also, you can cancel. I forget when they start charging a penalty for canceling, but I don't think it's at 21 days.

Okay, UrsulaFan you may have just brightened my day. We also have been looking for renting a mini van for a week to drive to WDW. It would be around 1200-1400 miles. The places we've checked so far have been around $500. Did you use the 10% off coupon or the free weekend day??
Maybe there's hope for my DC card after all.:earseek:

Actually, I have called a few times about the cancellation policy. It depends on who you talk to. I know when I booked AKL (just the room-nothing else) via DC in January, I was told that I had to cancel within 45 days or else I would be charged $50 for changes/cancellations. I just called a week ago to verify the info. I called the DC ressie line four times because I kept getting two different answers. First, I was told that I had within the 21 day window. The final answer I received was that since I was a DC member, the $50 fee is waived and that I also could cancel up to five days before arrival. Even then, they thought I might be charged a $10 processing fee. So the answer is that the people on their phone lines don't even know the answer. I must agree that some of the policies are not very fun. However, I love the discounts for dining purchases at downtown Disney and dining in the parks

My membership has more than paid off within months. I like the discounts at the store and the offers.

Wanda

Since you are a member of The Disney Club, go to the club website and type in National Car in the search box. It should pull up all deals for National Car Rental--10% off, One Day Free, etc. It give you details on how to get the discounts. I used the 10% off and the free day offer, saving about $50. In renting a car alone my DC membership paid for itself. Just be sure to print out or request print-out of your reservation (including cost).

Hope that helps! :smooth:

I have been very happy with the Disney Club.....use it all the time at The Disney Store and used it for discounted Annual Passes....but I have a question....has anyone noticed that all of the special offers and coupons that come in the mail (either attached to the Disney Catalog or with the Disney Club newsletter) are mostly for Disneyland and not Disney World???

Yes, I sure have noticed it. :mad: :mad: :mad:

But check the website, you can find more offers about to expire or recently posted there.

Wanda

It is 21 days out, however if you cancel up to 5 days before you get it all back. Cancel within 5 days and you lose $200. You can also buy trip insurance through them for $69.95. I opted against this as I am only paying for my room through Disney and the trip insurance wouldn't cover anything else of mine (flights or car). They do take the American Express card if you have it and you could put it on sign and travel.

I've gone with the moderates deal. At first, we were going to stay at a deluxe and to be honest I was getting better rates without Disneyclub for the deluxes. I do enjoy the Disney store savings. A couple of times a year they also run Disney store specials where you save 20% instead of the usual 10%.

What is Disney club and how do I join? Thanks, still pretty new here!:)

The Disney Club is a club that anyone can join. I think it cost me $29.99 to join. I will agree that there are some benefits if you can catch them. Like, I did save around $40 on a hotel room this past weekend. It just depends on when you visit WDW and what you're looking for. If you go to the Disney store a lot you will save 10%. Here is some info.

General Disney Club benefits include:

Special offers on selected Disney vacation packages in the United States. Enjoy discounts on theme park tickets, up to 20% resort discounts, savings on merchandise, dining and National Car Rental.

Discounts on selected merchandise at the Disney Store Catalog, Disneystore.com, and Disney Store locations worldwide.

A subscription to Disney Magazine.

Access to 50% off at over 3,000 family friendly hotels across North America with Travel America at Half Price from Entertainment

Monthly mailings & specials at the Disney Club website

Special discounts on selected Disney books, CDs, home videos & DVDs

Discounts on select Disney theatrical performances.

For full details call or visit the website.
www.disneyclub.com

Hope this helps!! :wave:

We didn't have the DC on our last trip and we used a AAA travel agent. I paid my $200 depost when I made the ressie and had to have it paid in full 45 days before arrival...my TA screwed up the date the money was due and I nearly lost my ressie, I could have killed her! Her fix for the problem was to ignore disney when they called her...my fix was to get on the horn with disney and explain the situation...which they were very very nice about and helped me out soo much. Anyway...21 days doesn't seem that bad to me. I bought the trip insurance too just incase.

Thanks Waltdisneyworlddreamer! I just signed up. It was 39.95. But I haven't even bought my tickets to the park yet, so hopefully it will pay for itself when I do! Thanks again!

HI

Keep in mind there are 2 distinct entities you can deal with. One is direct at 407-disney...etc, the other is calling the DC number which actually puts you with the travel company. Both have distinct and different rules regarding when money is due, time frame for canx., etc.

Calling WDW reservations will get you the same or better deals with less restrictions then when dealing with the travel comapany which I believe is based in KS or MO.

Via WDW Reservations it's one night deposit, rest due on check-in, and can cancel up to 5 days prior.

Hope this helps

I just called the dc # to book a trip to wdw in september. This has changed and i do not think for the better. I was told a $100 to reserve but i had to pay a cancellation fee for each adult. I would receive ticket to go to the sport complex but we arent interested in that. i did not receive any discount on the rooms. I just cant see spending the $ on the card anymore. We dont shop at the disney store that much....:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter