Disney Club Card and $50 onboard credit

BWVPam

Loves being at WDW!
Has anyone else gotten their new Disney Club Newsletter. there is a coupon for a $50.00 onboard credit per stateroom. Well, I immediately called my TA to have it applied. First they told her it didn't apply to my sail dates, I immediately told them it did. They then came back and told her that because I had the $200 Castaway Club credit I could not apply the $50 credit.

By this time I am pretty upset. I talked to a reservations manager at DCL and he said it was one or the other. I told him that I had to pay for DC card, I should at least get the benefit from it. I asked then why didn't they have that wording on the coupon, it doesn't say not combinable with any other offers.

He said I should email DCL with my complain and concerns. So anyway, I did not get the extra $50 credit, but for those of you that don't Castaway Credits applied, you should be eligible for the $50. Beware however that if you are sailing on May 25, they are saying they won't offer for that cruise because they have already sold so many rooms.

Pam

Originally posted by BWVPam
Beware however that if you are sailing on May 25, they are saying they won't offer for that cruise because they have already sold so many rooms.

Pam

The $50 Disney Club Card creidt is being offered only with Spring TIme Magic, so if the Promo is not avaliable the credit will not apply. It is based on avalaiblity and is only being offered for April and May on select sailings...Just FYI

I was also pretty peturbed after hearing that the coupon wouldn't be good for the May 25th sailing. The coupon says it is valid for cruises departing April 6 thru May 26th, which the 25th sailing falls between. I don't see how DCL can say that because they've sold too many rooms, the coupon will not be valid for me. It just doesn't make sense. Anyways, just my two cents.

Kyzar1

This is a complaint that I really feel needs to be cleared up. I wish that it would be addressed by DCL.

I had a similar situation happen- I was not going to get a CC credit because I was sailing under a promo- that is totally absurd IMO.

The CC credit is a thank you for coming back and sailing with DCL again. I don't think there should be any stipulations attached to this. To get a CC credit is like an act of Congress-
1- you have to book within 120 days from your last sailing date- BUT CC doesn't even send info out in 120 days! By the time you get the info it is usually to late for the credit to apply!
2- if you use a promo (like Fall Fanasty!) the CC credit can not apply because you are getting a deal! That is all fine and dandy but this credit is a thank you for returning to sail- what does that have to do with how much you pay for your stateroom?!!
3- You have to go within 18 months- this makes no sense to me at all. You are returning to sail- does $$ expire?
We have cruised now for the last 4 years and have gotten the CC credit ONCE! It is $50 for goodness sake-

Oh yeah- the May 25 sailing did fall under the Springtime Magic- that is what I had originally booked under in November!

The Disney web site does say that the CC ship credit offer is not valid with any other special offers or discounts.

They don't seem to be consistant about applying this, because that would mean that the early booking discount would also exclude the CC offer, and it doesn't seem too.

Btw; you don't need your CC info from Disney in order to book and get the CC offer - we rebooked without our member numbers and got the offer.

callhunejulie.....I totally agree with you. Out of our 5 DCL cruises we were only able to use the CC credit once, and one time we missed the timeframe by a week!! Disney would not budge. This is really my only complaint with DCL (and that you need to pay for soda at all).

You are right.....a return guest should be able to use the credit in addition to any "savings" they were lucky enough to obtain.

MJ

My point was that DCL requires you to book within 120 days but they can't seem to get their info out in 120 days! And to top that off- what about all of those cruisers who do not know about this perk until they receive their CC info- I was one of those people in 1999!

I just wanted to reply to a couple of things

1st... "They don't seem to be consistant about applying this, because that would mean that the early booking discount would also exclude the CC offer, and it doesn't seem too."

EBS is not a "Promotion" it is open to everyone, Promotions are lile Sprintime Magic, Sunshine Sailway, etc...

2nd..."I was also pretty peturbed after hearing that the coupon wouldn't be good for the May 25th sailing. The coupon says it is valid for cruises departing April 6 thru May 26th"

It is based on avalaiblity of the sailing, if that particular sailing has booked all the space avalible with the promotion then it is closed to the promotion. This works the same for any promo (springtime magic, sunshine sailway, etc... once the alotted amount of bookings are made, that date will no longer be avalaible with that promo)

I to have sailed 5 times and only got the CC credit once, but I understand why that is, I don't mean to offend anyone, but it is not like the are hiding anything or misleading... they state flat out that is not valid with any other offer and that you need to book within 120 days of sailing for no later than 18 months out.

Ahh, but the early booking discount is a discount, and the CC credit says specifically no other special offers or discounts - hence my comment that they seem to be somewhat inconsistant in applying the "rules" - whoever, since they make the rules, they can pretty much do whatever they want.

Michelle at Mouse Ears Vacations is the BEST!

She got us the secret porthole room i wanted, the price we wanted, and the shipboard credit we wanted when we asked for it with our DC #. We are traveling April 25th (3 day).

My advice is to call and ask YOUR particular TA and ask. It can't hurt!

Good luck! 89 days to go!

I just booked last Monday on the 5/18/02 7 night cruise through DU. I was told that I would receive the shipboard credit for being a Castaway Club member. I also received my Disney Club newsletter and contacted DU to see if I could also get that credit. I was told that Disney had already applied both credits to my account and to be sure to bring my Disney Club card with me. Go figure! I guess I'll see if that's true when I get there.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest