Disney Christmas Village

Disney*Dreamer

DIS Veteran
While in DTD, at the Disney's Day of Christmas store, I bought a Castle for the christmas village, it is the first one for me, but they also had a few more, the train station, etc. Does anyone know, or have a list, of all of them that are available, that way I will know what to ask for when I call to order another one, and I can look on ebay for them too.

I have the set put away for years now,plus a snow machine I got for it, I think there was three sets of figures that was with the set, (1) was a balloon merchant (2) was scrooge & mickey and minnie (3) was the family, I think there was a firehouse, a store, a front gate and a castle, darn now I have to go find it to make sure what I have. I can follow up later if no one else came help you out.

The one I am looking for isn't by Dept 56, it is something that Disney has come out with a few years back, and is only sold at the DTD location. at least that is what a Disney employee told me. I saw the castle, the train station, and a few other building from main street, can't remember which ones, I think Town Hall. The emplyoee I talked to said they were doing Casey's Corner next year. From what she said there are 4 other building out so far, besides the Castle, which is what I bought, and was the first one put out. The train station was the one put out this year. I think I will try to call later and see what else they have, and then I will post a list for whoever else may be interested.

Oh, I looked the Dept 56 pieces up on ebay, the one's posted are georgeous! I'd love to have the balloon merchant, I will have to keep any eye out for it, no reason I can't mix and match, lol.

Well I called the mail order number and the only two they show available are the Emporium and the Train Station. I know the store had more than that, so I have a call in to the store also, I had to leave a message.

Okay, for those intereted. I got ahold of someone at the store. Here is the list.

From the first issued to the last.
Castle
Emporium
Train Station
Cinema
City Hall
Haunted Mansion

The only ones that they have are the Castle, Emporium, Train Station and the Cinema. She said that the City Hall and Haunted Mansion sold out quick and she wasn't sure if they would get them back in. :(

Actually, Casey's Corner came out a year or two ago. Also, there is a fire station available. They should be coming out with something new around about now if they haven't discontinued this line. There is a castle for both DL as well as WDW.

It's really kind of frustrating; I too left messages with the store this week (as well as an email) but have heard nothing back. There is no place that I have been able to find on the net that lists these or gives advance notice of releases. They might sell a little better if they advertised them more.

I'm a little concerned that they might dispense with these in favor of the olewski sp? set but those are way too expensive for me.

My village is a conglomeration of these pieces as well as the old Dept. 56 pieces. I also include a monorail and a train in my set up.

I may have been incorrect about Casey's Corner. Perhaps I was referring to Carnation House? It's the one with Goofy. There is one out on Ebay right now.

I may have been incorrect about Casey's Corner. Perhaps I was referring to Carnation House? It's the one with Goofy. There is one out on Ebay right now.

The one's I am referring to don't have any characters. But they did tell me that Casey's Corner would be the next one out.

I actually just spoke to an employee at the store today at the Day's of Christmas and she said that the Castle, Emporium, Town Hall, Trian Station, and the Cinema have all just been retired. She still had the Emorium, Train station, cinema and the castle. I went ahead and ordered the emporium and the cinema, I already have the castle, and the train station is on it's way where I ordered it a while back.

The only thing that hasn't been retired is the Haunted Mansion, but they are out of them right now.

We have not had Casey's Corner for quite awhile. I beleive it has been discontinued. We have been out of the HM since last month. This was released in August of this year.

The Disney Village is probably available at other stores at our resort, and not just at Disney's Days of Christmas. I have not seen these for sale off property.

Please be aware that the phone number on the business cards is for mail order. It is manned by the person that Disney*Dreamer spoke to, but she isn't there 24 hours a day - she does get 2 days off per week. :)

The HM is this year's release; last year's was the cinema and I think that one has Donald & Daisy in front.

Are these the same villages that are in Magic Kingdom, I think it is the Ye Old Christmas Shop? I have seen them and they run about $65.00 a piece.

someone told me that they are available on Disneyshopping.com closer to the holidays. I just checked and nothing is up yet.

Would you be able to give the the # of who you were speaking to, I am also interested in building this, but the only place I know to purchase is at Magic Kingdom and I don't know when I will be back. Would love to purchase on line if possible
Thanks
Jeannie

Are these the same villages that are in Magic Kingdom, I think it is the Ye Old Christmas Shop? I have seen them and they run about $65.00 a piece.

someone told me that they are available on Disneyshopping.com closer to the holidays. I just checked and nothing is up yet.

Would you be able to give the the # of who you were speaking to, I am also interested in building this, but the only place I know to purchase is at Magic Kingdom and I don't know when I will be back. Would love to purchase on line if possible
Thanks
Jeannie

You can find them on Ebay and at the laughing place, but they are over priced. You would be better off calling either the merchandise number or the store directly, you can google for the phone number, that is how I got it, I don't have it one me right now. But I do know that they only had a few of the cinema and the emporium left when I called, so I would say that they are either out, or close to it.

doombuggy, Was the Casey's Cornor in the same collection? I talked to another girl that collects them, and she lead me to believe that it hasn't been released yet. Are there any others that you know of that I haven't mentioned? Is the haunted mansion as pretty as the others? Sorry for all the questions.

Do you think they will be getting more Haunted Mansions? I have one from DL from a couple of years ago but I don't think it is part of this set. It's got the characters all over it with the bride on top.

I haven't worked for a couple of weeks (i was off for my birthday), but if I recall from memory, there's the castle with Tink on top, Emporium, Cinema, Firehouse, Train station, train, Casey's & HM. There used to be a trolley, some park benches and light poles, but they have been gone since last year.

Jeannie, these pieces are all priced at $60 each. The smaller items were less, and I can't remember what the train cost. it was not the type of train that went on a track, but one that sat & looked pretty - the engine & 2 cars, I think. I don't think it's available anymore. Your best bet is to call the merchandise number that you see printed at the top of any receipt from our resort.

Disney*Dreamer, yes, Casey's Corner was part of the Disney Village series. A mod on the CM board was looking for it, and I was watching out shipments for quite awhile for her, and that was late last year. We have not received that piece back in stock in at least 1 year.

As the HM is new this year, I would assume that we would get this back in stock:
HMback.jpg

HNfront.jpg

I just called Disney Merchandise and was told that the Haunted Mansion was discontinued. I am so upset, my mom collects these and that is the only one she is missing.

I bought the train last week on ebay for $16 something with shipping and all. The benches and the light polls were on there too, but they were too expensive for their size.

I am not so crazy about the HM, it looks more decorated for Halloween than Chritsmas, and since it is a Christmas village, the pumpkins just won't fit in.

Doombuggy--if you get more Haunted Mansion in can you let me know ASAP (either PM me or email me please)?

These are different than the Dept. 56 pieces. These are park exclusives (although a couple of years ago--2004 I believe--they had a few of the pieces in the Disney catalog and disneyshopping.com) I think that 2004 was the first year they had these.

Casey's Corner was retired in 2005.
I have all of the pieces of this collection other than Casey's Corner. (the one that has Carnation on it is the Disneyland piece and is different.)

The pieces are:

Emporium
City Hall
Firehouse
Train Station
Cinderella's Castle
Cinema
Casey's Corner

There are also some smaller pieces available (benches, light posts and something else I cannot recall.)

Sue Ellen

Hi, first post ...I'm so glad I found this board. I'm trying to complete this set for my wife for Christmas....if anyone knows where to find City Hall and the Cinema, please drop me a line.....and "me too" on the Haunted Mansion.

I called the shop today to order and the clerk said they may get more HM in, but were out of the Cinema -- the one my wife wants most (of course) LOL.

Also, does anyone have pictures of what these things should look like out of the box? I've seen pics of some for sale and it seems like the character in front is missing.

If anyone has other ideas or happens onto any of these, I'd be very grateful for any help!

Thanks,
Ross

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter