Disney busses to get wifi

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by Ben E N, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Ben E N

Ben E N DIS Veteran

This is totally how rumors get started, but a friend of my friend is currently at Disney, spending 4 months installing wifi on all of their busses. I would assume this would mean their resort busses, as the Magical Express ones are owned by Mears. Seems like a sensible upgrade to me.

OKW Lover likes this.
  2. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Yes I’ve heard they are working to get WiFi on buses.

BrittyRo and JaxDad like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. NotUrsula

NotUrsula DIS Veteran

I used the wifi on a resort bus at CSR two weeks ago; I didn't realize that the installation was still in progress.

5. JaxDad

JaxDad DIS Veteran

We went to Ruby Falls this past summer. The tour involves a slow elevator ride after waiting in line. When we completed the tour and were lining up to ride back up, the guide announced there was WiFi, and everyone pulled out their phones and started playing with them. I commented to the guide that they were like adult pacifiers. She just smiled and said, “Yep.”

6. Ben E N

Ben E N DIS Veteran

On some of those late night rides back where there's nothing to look at but the butt of the guy standing in front of your seat, a pacifier is much appreciated.
    It makes sense with the Disney ecosystem, though. If everything is app-based, make it so everyone can access the app when on property.

acertaingirl, cm8, BobbyMoon and 2 others like this.
  7. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Good move. As more and more guests rely on DME, having access to the app via wifi is more important.

rteetz likes this.
  8. dclpluto

dclpluto DIS Veteran

Great for foreign guests. But I never had any problems getting a good signal on the buses with my phone.

9. elaine amj

elaine amj DIS Veteran

That is fantastic news!!

10. cmwade77

cmwade77 DIS Veteran

Exactly and since I have unlimited data, not really an issue, but I can see it being good for some.

Searc, hakepb and dclpluto like this.
  11. mixmastertoy

mixmastertoy "Disney Christmas Decorating Master" DVC Premium

The wifi will use less of your battery and will probably have a faster connection. This is great for using that power hungry disney app!

12. sachilles

sachilles DVC coming to this space soon

My visit at the end of February, I did notice a large difference in battery use, but I attributed it partially to a newer phone. Went from a samsung galaxy s7 to a S9+.
    S7 would require a fuel rod or two to make it through a day. S9 did not use more than 50% with similar days a year later. I figured some was the phone, but also figured connections were better, along with the app being better. I think I also added in the disney play app as well on the latest trip.
    Wife had the same phone for both trips, and she noticed and improvement in battery life. Anecdotally, I think it means either the data availability is better, or the apps are becoming less hog-ish.

Disney Frenhines likes this.
  13. Ben E N

Ben E N DIS Veteran

Having made the exact same jump (s7 Edge, so it had a slightly larger battery than the regular s7), I attribute the change to the phone itself. Today I woke up at 3:30, using video recording on it for an hour, and have used it on and off during the day, and its still at 40%. I would have to charge my s7 right after the filming job.

14. Coach Holden

Coach Holden Master of Toy Story Mania

I'm not exactly sure how possible it is but I'd almost rather them add USB ports throughout the buses rather than WiFi

dclpluto likes this.
  15. sachilles

sachilles DVC coming to this space soon

That or inductive charging.

16. Disneypro1

Disneypro1 life is great!