• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Beach Club - Which Rooms

TBennett1966

Earning My Ears
Need some advice .... My wife, I and our two kids (girls aged 14 & 10) will be staying in Disneys Beach Club (standard room) this year from June 11th to June 25th. This will be the 'trip of a lifetime' for us as we have been building up to this for a couple of years now. The Beach Club reviews I have read have been positive. With regard to the accommodation I am interested in what people think with regard to:
1. Are the specific rooms better than others (nice views)?
2. Should I avoid specific rooms / areas?
2. Should I request a balcony (I understand not all standard rooms have a balcony)?
3. Can I request a specific room in advance?
4. Any other advise?

Note: Do not really mind if a good room is not close to reception area. Good room in nice location, clean & comfortable and with nice views.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Need some advice .... My wife, I and our two kids (girls aged 14 & 10) will be staying in Disneys Beach Club (standard room) this year from June 11th to June 25th. This will be the 'trip of a lifetime' for us as we have been building up to this for a couple of years now. The Beach Club reviews I have read have been positive. With regard to the accommodation I am interested in what people think with regard to:
1. Are the specific rooms better than others (nice views)?
2. Should I avoid specific rooms / areas?
2. Should I request a balcony (I understand not all standard rooms have a balcony)?
3. Can I request a specific room in advance?
4. Any other advise?

Note: Do not really mind if a good room is not close to reception area. Good room in nice location, clean & comfortable and with nice views.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

I would request a room near the elevator if I was getting a standard room view because it gives you less of a chance at a room above the large flat roof. The nice thing about the rooms on that side is that it tends to be quiet over there, since the parking lot and bus stop are set back a ways. You can also request a balcony but probably have a 50% chance of getting one.

The Beach Club is great. You'll enjoy it no matter room you get. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We've never requested a balcony (probably stayed at BC a dozen times or more) but we have always had a room with a balcony. Just lucky I guess...:confused3 Of course we're staying there in a couple of weeks so I probably just jinxed us. :scared1:

We stayed club level and had a room right around the corner from the elevator. I found this very convenient for us. My MIL on the other hand had a lovely corner room that was quite large on the 4th floor (not club level) but it was quite a hike from the elevator to get down to the lobby/Marketplace, etc.

We did like having a full balcony. We made it as our only request and got it. But in the end we rarely had time to sit out there and enjoy it. So if you don't think you'll use it I wouldn't bother requesting if there is something else you want.

In general the less requests the better your chances of getting what you ask for. Or so "they" say.

Many thaks for the advice. We are so excited at going to the Beach Club. I think my wife and I are more excited than the kids (kids at heart!)

I don't know whether it is a good thing or not but I would love to get a room with a good view of Epcot or the water / BoardWalk. Not sure whether that is achieavable as a standard room (thats what we have paid for).

I don't know whether it is a good thing or not but I would love to get a room with a good view of Epcot or the water / BoardWalk. Not sure whether that is achieavable as a standard room (thats what we have paid for).

You can request either or those, but since those views are a separate bookable category (and more $$), it would take some serious pixie dust to get one.

As others have said, Boardwalk views will require booking a lagoon view room.

Based on the positioning of the Beach Club in relationship to Epcot, it looks to me like some non-lagoon view rooms may have Epcot views, but I'm not sure if they would be categorized as garden or standard view.

As a general note, if you are really worried about your view, you might want to consider upgrading to a garden view room. That way you avoid the potential rooms that overlook parking/roofs. I think its only $10 more per night during your dates, which would add up to $140 for the trip, but given that the view seems somewhat important to you, $10 per night might be worth at least knowing that you be looking at something pleasant.

I've stayed at the Beach Club both in a Pool/Lagoon rooms and a Standard rooms. I never made any special requests but I got a balcony every time. I always use online check-in with an early arrival time...don't know if that helps...but I've always gotten the balcony and my room was always ready within an hour of arrival. The Pool/Lagoon room was first floor by the quiet pool overlooking the lagoon....the standard room was on the Epcot side, but its very wooded and could only see trees. BUT as everyone has said, all the rooms are nice and the resort is beautiful. You won't be disappointed no matter where you are.

Other advice I would give is to find a map of the resort.....the layout can be a little confusing if you've never been there before. To get to some outside areas, you have to walk thru the resort.

This is my favorite resort....you will have a great time!

If you request a balcony be sure to request a FULL balcony. These have 2 chairs where you can sit and relax. The Juliet balconies are standing room only.

You could also request first floor and you would have a patio with 2 chairs.

Love, love, love the BC. The atmosphere and the great pool! Not to mention the 5 min walk to Epcot. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter