Disney at christmas

Disneymagicfor4

Earning My Ears
What interesting things are there to do at christmas at Disney World, such as Mickey's Very Merry Christmas and parades and such?

EVERYTHING! We just like walking around and taking in the decorations. Be sure to hit some of the resorts to see how they are dressed up for the holidays; especially the gingerbread houses they build. Of course there is the Candlelight Processional which is a definite DO NOT MISS in our books. Illuminations at Epcot has a special holiday ending.

Also when I was there in December 2000, each country in EPCOT had their on version of Santa who would appear periodically and talk to the kids about the Christmas traditions in his country.

We take a day and go to the other resorts checking out the decorations.

Disney at Christmas is extra "magical". As noted by others, every park is decorated and has their own tree. Every resorts is decorated specific to their theme and they have their own trees. The gingerbread house in GF is phenomenal (my niece and nephew spent some time trying to find all the hidden Mickey's on it). Even DTD has a tree and decorations!!

MVMCP, Candlelight processional, the Obsorne lights, soooo much to see!!!!

Sleigh ride at the WL, touring all of the deluxe resort christmas decorations, Down Town Disney at night. :thumbsup2

We have been passholders for a long time. Last November, we did something we'd never done before. We went to nearly all the resorts to see their Christmas decorations. What a treat! Gingerbread houses, Christmas cheer in all sorts of ways. A truly wonderful experience. We have decided to have our Christmas at Disney in 2007. Frankly, we have not done it yet, since we hate to keep someone (the castmembers) from their own families at that time of year, but after day tripping we realize that they won't be opening WDW just for us. By all means, come at Christmas.

the osborne lights show. definatly go to the Boardwalk and the Grand Floridian as they have holiday decorations and things in their lobbies.

most of the parks have christmas parades that run from around after Thanksgiving to New Years.

it's a really great time to go down there. i loved it when i went in December, i want to go back!

Christmas has to be one of the most beautiful times at Disney. During the christmas parties they have it SNOWING on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom they serve hot chocolate and have christmas carolers. All the CM have winter hats and scarfs on.....its really unbelievable. A MUST DO!!!!

There are lots of little holiday touches at the resorts as well and the more one slows down, the more of these you'll discover. In mid-December last year, the Yacht Club had a different musical group in the lobby each evening. One night a brass quartet, the next a harp, etc. and the nicest part was the groups were local, i.e., from Orlando as opposed to cast members. Really lovely. We discovered it on our way to dinner but the hotel posts the schedule. If you are dining in the hotel or area, call ahead and arrive a little early so you can take in such entertainment.

On another evening when we had reservations at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club resort, they were serving complimentary hot cider and cookies in the nearby lounge. It was festive and cheery!

I'm new to the forum so I hope I reply the correct way. :) I am planning a trip to WDW in December for my husband's birthday. It is a surprise and I can't wait. I've never been to WDW at Christmas but I have been to Disneyland and it is such a wonderful time to visit. I love all of the decorations. Christmas is my favorite time of year and I can only imagine that WDW will made this Christmas more magical and memorable.

Do not miss the Osbourne Light Show in MGM. It is breathtaking--so many lights, Holiday music playing, "snow" falling. It is really unbelievable.

Also, the Christmas parade at MVMCP, or at the MK after December 22nd, is really fun.

We were overwhelmed by the crowds around the Gingerbread display at the GF. I enjoyed it, but you have to have patience! :)

We're looking forward to our first WDW Christmas trip this December - for all the reasons listed above. Plus as a surprise to DD, we're having b'fast with Eeyore on Christmas Eve morning.

We're going to experience our first Christmas - Disney Style this year. Thanks for the tips above.

:thumbsup2

my younger son and I are taking a short 4 day trip to disney 12/14-12/17, it will be my first time to go during christmas time- I can't wait. I am so excited to be able to see all of the festivities and decorations that the "world" has to offer during the xmas season.

See as many resorts as possible :thumbsup2 The parks are decked out and everything is a must see at this time of year :cool1:

My family is going for the first time during the Christmas season, we wanted to see the snow on Main Street, the decorations and my kids can't wait for hot chocolate and cookies!

We were originally planning a long weekend, which has turned into a 9 day trip, so I am very excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter