Disney approved scooter rental companies

Since the "preferred vendors"
Sorry, this is a peeve of mine. The companies that can interact with Bell Services are neither approved nor preferred. Both words imply a standard or status that is very different from featured.
how is GMS able to do this, or are they able to do this, or do you have to get the scooter outside the front entrance?
The only distinction afforded to Featured vendors is the ability to use Bell Services to drop off and pick up equipment. Given that they all live in the Disney area, it would make sense that the technicians have APs (probably paid for by work) and can easily enter the parks for the relatively rare repairs or replacements needed.

but if they couldn't, the customer or a member of their party, or possibly a CM, could free-wheel the ECV to the entrance.
Except as we have learned the hard way, Buena Vista won't come into the parks and won't help after 8 or so
That's truly surprising. BVS is onsite and (as far as I know) open until 11 every day.

That's truly surprising. BVS is onsite and (as far as I know) open until 11 every day.
This was admittedly many years ago, but we decided never to rent from them again based on our experience.

As for preferred or approved, there were points in time that Disney did use both terms on their website, so it is understandable why people use them, but you are right featured is the correct term.

Thank you. Still, Disney has designated the four companies as Featured for longer than both other terms combined :).

To answer some of the questions asked, a bit of browsing the GMS website and PB page quickly brings up answers...

Per the GMS FAQ at ********************************/pages/scooter-faq

Q: What can I do to protect my scooter from theft and should I purchase insurance?

A: All scooters and accessories are clearly marked GOLD MOBILITY SCOOTERS LLC, and have a unique ignition key (just like an automobile). We offer free of charge optional Damage Waiver coverage. Details of the actual Damage Waiver coverage regarding limits and deductibles will be provided for review at the time of booking.

Picture of the GMS tiller on the Victory 10 3 wheel: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2...d0-ecb7544a67f4_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1527194797

From a recent posting on the GMS FB page:

We are answering a common question today.

How does Gold Mobility Scooters handle a mobility scooter break down in a Walt Disney World theme park if it occurs?

First of all, service issues for Gold Mobility are very rare! Our Scooters and other rental equipment are fully replaced every six months. Equipment we deliver always in like new condition, and we only use extend range battery packs. Handling a service issue or breakdown It's a very simple process for GMS! We come directly to you inside the theme parks. We have unlimited access to all the theme parks to exchange or repair scooters, wheelchairs, and strollers on the spot! All of our delivery concierge people have annual passes to all Disney World Parks, and 100% full access to all the Disney resorts, timeshares, and hotels. We also have full access to Universal Orlando, SeaWorld and more. So be rest assured that Gold Mobility Scooters service department is on call 24 hours a day seven days a week if the need were to occur. Our average response time for service is 30-45 minutes which is the best in the industry. It helps that our service calls are 1 in 400 rentals! We offer all brand new equipment, we load the equipment with lots of FREE options that no one else offers like a usb phone charger port, upgraded seats, led ground safety lights, extended range batteries, a powerful built in cooling fan and more! We give you a FREE accessory of your choice, FREE delivery and pickup, Free 24 hour concierge, and 4 FREE reusable rain ponchos. We even include a Free damage waiver! 100% satisfaction is guaranteed on every scooter rental.

To all, I would still like to know if you prefer 3 or 4 wheel and why. Thank you.

I have rented from both Buena Vista and Gold Mobility. I didn't have a bad experience with BV, but found that the rental price was getting to be too expensive for what I needed. SO I did some research and tried Gold. I'm glad that I did! I really like their service level and the scooters are very comfortable. I have a very long torso, so the captains chair seat is great!

All that being said, I have always gotten the 3-wheel version. I find it to be much more maneuverable in the ride queues and getting off and on the buses.

I prefer the 3 wheel. I've driven both and don't find much difference when I drive. But the 3 wheel has a much tighter turning radius, so it's more maneverable. Also, what I really like, is that the 3 wheel is lighter (of course, one less wheel=less weight) so I can maneuver it in and out of the room by myself when I free wheel it.

My Mom prefers the 3 wheel for the same reason. Easier to turnaround and manuever with the 3 wheeler!

Unless BVS has changed it's insurance coverage - it used to only cover damage to the scooter and not theft or loss was my understanding. Just noting this so you can double check with them. I didn't think any of the scooter companies' policies covered theft/loss - there's a thread about this somewhere where a person posted about the scooter company (I think BVS) contacting them about them never returning it even though it was turned in to Bell Services at their Disney hotel. Hopefully you can find that thread. I also had an issue with BVS saying I didn't turn in my scooter. Make sure to take a photo of yourself turning it in (with the person you gave it to if that person agrees!) and make sure you sign their return scooter book and take a photo of that too just to cover yourself.

A 3 wheel scooter is easier to drive in the crowds because it can make fairly sharp turns - just don't try going fast and turning! I've not tried a 4 wheel.

Thank you so much everyone. I will take what I've learned here and what I have found on the web and go over it with my mother. Thanks so much for all of the feedback.

Unless BVS has changed it's insurance coverage - it used to only cover damage to the scooter and not theft or loss was my understanding. Just noting this so you can double check with them. I didn't think any of the scooter companies' policies covered theft/loss - there's a thread about this somewhere where a person posted about the scooter company (I think BVS) contacting them about them never returning it even though it was turned in to Bell Services at their Disney hotel. Hopefully you can find that thread. I also had an issue with BVS saying I didn't turn in my scooter. Make sure to take a photo of yourself turning it in (with the person you gave it to if that person agrees!) and make sure you sign their return scooter book and take a photo of that too just to cover yourself.

This is another reason I like Gold Mobility, they pick it up directly from you, no questioning if it was returned or not.

Thanks to everyone folks. I just talked to Nick at GMS and confirmed rental for mom. I also relayed to him where I received feedback from and how highly recommended the company came. He passes along his thanks to all who had such kind words. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter