Disney Alexa in all rooms?

I heard there is a place underneath to turn it off. I would also unplug it and take it to the front desk. What were they thinking? I wonder how much disney spent on this, that no one has asked for or wanted? It would be money best spent elsewhere.

Guessing Disney spent close to nothing on this. Amazon likely funded it for data mining purposes.

yep, my thoughts exactly. people are really getting lazy to the point of not thinking clearly about how much privacy they are losing with all these devices. Pretty soon we will be dealing with star wars robots at the front desk, yuck.

people will pay dearly to be checked in by those robots.

But how do you know that its actually muted?

Best bet is to unplug it, cover it in a towel, and then put it in the room safe.

Cant be too careful.

On the home version a big red light comes on and you cant communicate with it.

It doesn’t bother me but I understand why others wouldn’t want it. How many of you have a smart phone with a virtual assistant? How do you know that isn’t listening?

Some "smart" devices process the trigger phrase locally, and do not send voice to the cloud until after the trigger phrase is recognized. Others send everything to the cloud, and/or process the trigger phrase remotely (which requires sending everything). Some have started to move to entirely-local processing, so nothing is shipped.

You do have to trust that the vendor is telling you the truth about how the system works (or someone you trust has done an analysis of the network traffic off the device). And, that's sometimes more than the vendor deserves. For example, the Google Nest home security system has a microphone that was never disclosed when the device was sold.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...ne-google-assistant-built-in-security-privacy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter