Disney airplane "livery"

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
For those wondering "livery" just means the graphic design of a vehicle. For passenger planes it's generally the same across an airline, but I've seen some custom ones. One is Alaska Airlines after they started service to Hawaii, where the Eskimo is wearing a lei. But one time arriving in Seattle, I saw one like this.

alaska-737-900-n318as-09-disneyland-iigrd-pdx-alaskalr.jpg

My kid's favorite movie is Cars, so this would pretty interesting:

alaska-737-800-wl-n570as-13-disneyland-5th-carsfltalaskalrw.jpg

I found several of these looking up stuff from the old Pacific Southwest Airlines, which had a plane customized for Donald Duck's 50th "birthday".

PSA%20(Pacific%20Southwest)%20727-200%20N555PS%20(77-outline-Donald%20Duck)(Grd)%20SFO%20(CVC)(46)-L.jpg

And Japan Airlines:

livery_dream_story.jpg

I saw more but didn't want to overdo it, like from WestJet, Quantas, and Jet Airways (India).

I've flown on that Alaska jet, and the one with Tinker Bell on it. I wish they were as fun on the inside as the outside!

This is a really neat video of a Disney overlay being applied to a WestJet airliner a couple of years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter