• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney ages

Paqratkitty

Earning My Ears
What are Disney World "musts" if this ends up being our one and only trip?
Also, what are age restricted (like the bibbidy bobbidy boutique is 3-12) or things that children wouldnt be able to participate in or enjoy after a certain age?(of course hoping to go back).
FYI I literally have children of all ages.

I'm not as much an expert as others here, but I believe the only restrictions are related to height for certain rides. It seems even older children enjoy BBB, adults stand in line to meet characters, and grandparents happily ride It's a Small World. With that said, I have no idea if things like the Wilderness Explorer badge at Animal Kingdom has an age restriction - I googled it and there doesn't seem to be one. Same with Agent P's adventure at Epcot.

For musts it's so dependent on your family. What we've done each time (our third trip is coming soon) is looked at the map of each park and my girls decide what they'd like to do. Last time (five years ago) it was all about the character meet & greet. This time it's about the scarier rides.

It's an interesting idea though - what is a Disney "must." For us regardless of age or year:
Ride Peter Pan's Flight
Meet at least one princeess
Meet Mickey
Get a picture taken on Main Street with the castle in the background
Watch at least one parade
Laugh
Ride the monorail

The mist for us are:
-any character meal with mickey
- see fireworks and parade at MK
- walk around the world at Epcot
- ride as many rides as possible!
- enjoy resort pool if warm weather

I'm not as much an expert as others here, but I believe the only restrictions are related to height for certain rides. It seems even older children enjoy BBB, adults stand in line to meet characters, and grandparents happily ride It's a Small World. With that said, I have no idea if things like the Wilderness Explorer badge at Animal Kingdom has an age restriction - I googled it and there doesn't seem to be one. Same with Agent P's adventure at Epcot.

For musts it's so dependent on your family. What we've done each time (our third trip is coming soon) is looked at the map of each park and my girls decide what they'd like to do. Last time (five years ago) it was all about the character meet & greet. This time it's about the scarier rides.

It's an interesting idea though - what is a Disney "must." For us regardless of age or year:
Ride Peter Pan's Flight
Meet at least one princeess
Meet Mickey
Get a picture taken on Main Street with the castle in the background
Watch at least one parade
Laugh
Ride the monorail
Thanks, hadn't even heard of the badge or agent P adventure before =)

We did the wilderness one and it was fun, although it was a bit time consuming. Fortunately Animal Kingdom I feel is a more mellow park, not as much of a rush to get to each ride. We haven't done Agent P - my girls aren't big fans of Phineas and Ferb :)

Jedi training Academy at Hollywood Studios is for ages 4-12, Wonderland Tea Party at the Grand Floridian is ages (i think, 4-12) I may have that wrong, but it is also an age restricted thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter