**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I agree with this so much. Personally, we feel we don’t go often enough to go an entire day before a DAH event with no park time. I’m sure it’s just some tech thing in their system, but I feel like we should be getting fast passes with both tickets since we paid separately for DAH just like everyone else. Oh, well. Our “solution” is to just not bother getting there much before DAH actually starts.

And sure, we could have planned a water park that day, Disney Springs, etc etc, but we made ADRs long before DAH dates were released, so it’s not always that simple.

Have you considered setting up a separate MDE account for the After Hour event tickets?

Have you considered setting up a separate MDE account for the After Hour event tickets?
I didn't know that was a thing you could do. I'm gonna be honest; it sounds far more complicated than I'm willing to deal with. We're DLR vets and MDE is already a lot for us to handle. ;) Interesting that it's an option, though!

Our magic bands are connected to the first MDE account, so I never thought this would be an option. I’ve also already purchased the DAH tickets, so I imagine I would have to get on the phone with Disney IT. Very interesting though. Have you done this before or have others?

Our magic bands are connected to the first MDE account, so I never thought this would be an option. I’ve also already purchased the DAH tickets, so I imagine I would have to get on the phone with Disney IT. Very interesting though. Have you done this before or have others?
I wouldn’t mess with it if you’ve already linked the tickets to an existing MDE.

That’s a great idea, but like Disneycat and Samantha, I have already purchased and don’t want to mess with anything.

With only 4 days and skipping park hopper to opt for this event, we can’t afford to skip a park during the day. I’d be happy with one fast pass with DAH ticket!

I read a event report saying they walked into the DAH ROL show at 9:55 and got a good seat. Can anyone else confirm you won’t need to line up in advance of the 10pm show?

With the cap on tickets sold, I'm pretty sure that stadium couldn't fill up even if everyone went. That said, reports are that it's always nearly empty. This is from Easywdw's review.

View attachment 414664View attachment 414664
Oh my! Yeah, definitely doesn’t seem it will be an issue. We’ve never seen the show, but kick ourselves each trip for missing it. With hearing some negative reviews, I’ve found it hard to justify waiting to get into it on past trips.

That’s a great idea, but like Disneycat and Samantha, I have already purchased and don’t want to mess with anything.

With only 4 days and skipping park hopper to opt for this event, we can’t afford to skip a park during the day. I’d be happy with one fast pass with DAH ticket!

I read a event report saying they walked into the DAH ROL show at 9:55 and got a good seat. Can anyone else confirm you won’t need to line up in advance of the 10pm show?
We were at AK on 7/2, but didn’t stay for DAH. We walked up to ROL right at 8:55 and had no problem getting seats. It started at 9:00. I’m not sure where the “good” seats are, but the view was fine. This showing was for the regular day crowds. So if you don’t want to waste party time, you can go to the regular showing. Then you can spend the rest of your evening riding rides and eating snacks!

We went tonight and got there a bit early. They let us in pretty close to 7. We had 2 6-year olds and a mother in law in a mobility scooter which slowed us down a bit we still got quite a bit done though.
Kilimanjaro Safari's 1x
Expedition Everest 3x
Dinosaur 1x
Triceratop Spin 4x
Mickey and Minnie Meet
Navi River Journey 1x
Flight of Passage 1x

We got off Flight of Passage right at midnight. It would have been great to be able to get a 2nd ride on it but oh well. We should have told our kids no on their last Triceratop Spin ride since they ended up liking FoP better.

We also got a lot of popcorn, drinks and ice cream (mostly from the dinosaur area.

I attended the 7/8 party as well. Kali was down for lightning for most of the 7-8pm hour before its scheduled close. It was a bummer that we missed it, but you can't control the weather.

7-9 we did Bug, Safari, Mickie and Minnie meet (with our Kali anytime FP), a bit of wandering, and Dinosaur.

When the party started, we did Triceratops Spin to start, because that's what two adults without kids should do :-). Grabbed drinks, went toward Dinosaur, but the line 10 minutes into the party was actually longer than it had been 10 minutes before close. The rain was on the heavy side, so people on that side of the park were probably opting for the indoor ride over the spinner or the coaster. Rather than waiting, we went back to the snack station to grab ice cream bars to enjoy on the way to Everest. EE twice and then our heads and stomachs needed a break, so we went to Dinosaur. They weren't letting people skip the preshow at 9:40 which was a bit of a bummer, mostly because the loading room was totally empty when we went through so it's not like they needed is in the preshow to keep the loading room line down.

Out of Dinosaur just in time for the 10pm RoL, then up for a third ride on Everest. We grabbed another round of snacks and headed over to FoP. In line at 10:42, off at 11:12 and around to NRJ. After another treat stop in Pandora, we got into the FoP line at 11:30 and were getting off at 12:05. When we got in line, we asked if we could see the lab, but the CM said he couldn't take us. He suggested we asked further through the line and, if someone was free, they'd be able to show us that side. However, everyone was clearly busy so we didn't ask again. I was disappointed that they went down to only running one side of FoP despite the fact that the line backed up past the loading ramps. With the cost of that ticket and the length of the line, they should have kept the whole ride operating until close.

In the end, we had a great time! Hubby was traveling to Orlando for a business trip so I decided to go nuts and fly out for the day just to have dinner at Springs and do this event. With this being our only park time, it was definitely worth the price to get so much done in a day. If we were here on a longer trip where we could have devoted a full day to AK, I'm not sure we would have seen the value versus using the money to just add a day to the trip. But, for a short trip where you're trying to pack a lot in, this is an excellent option.

For those interested in snack locations, here are the ones we saw:

Right of Primeval Whirl entrance: standard offering

Thirsty River (a bit past EE in the direction of the rest of Asia): fountain drinks in cups (they were offering lemonade and orange soda in addition to the advertised choices, Hubby was glad to have the lemonade), fresh popcorn in cups, standard ice cream

Between Tough to be a Bug entrance and exit: fresh popcorn, didn't get close enough to see but assuming normal drinks and ice cream

By Island Merchantile, on the side towards the Oasis: didn't look closely but appeared to be normal offering

Pandora behind drums: normal drinks, frozen fruit bars, no popcorn at 11:20 but maybe (?) they had boxes earlier

Here's the schedule we got:415703

What are the odds that the After Hours for Animal Kingdom will be extended into October? I'd love to do this during our early October trip but don't want to hold my breath and build my plans around this coming out and then it never happens.

What are the odds that the After Hours for Animal Kingdom will be extended into October? I'd love to do this during our early October trip but don't want to hold my breath and build my plans around this coming out and then it never happens.

My total guess is it will continue.

Does anyone have a list of the locations of the snack carts? I have heard they are few and far between, so we don't want to miss them when I'm planning our route. When we went to the MK event they were easy to spot and plentiful. We grabbed a snack as we made our way to the next area of the park. Hoping to do that again at the AK event. We are going July 22nd. Very excited.

Does anyone have a list of the locations of the snack carts? I have heard they are few and far between, so we don't want to miss them when I'm planning our route. When we went to the MK event they were easy to spot and plentiful. We grabbed a snack as we made our way to the next area of the park. Hoping to do that again at the AK event. We are going July 22nd. Very excited.

I haven't kept accurate track since things can change and such, but @TheOneWithTheTriplets had a good rundown of recent locations up-thread:

For those interested in snack locations, here are the ones we saw:

Right of Primeval Whirl entrance: standard offering

Thirsty River (a bit past EE in the direction of the rest of Asia): fountain drinks in cups (they were offering lemonade and orange soda in addition to the advertised choices, Hubby was glad to have the lemonade), fresh popcorn in cups, standard ice cream

Between Tough to be a Bug entrance and exit: fresh popcorn, didn't get close enough to see but assuming normal drinks and ice cream

By Island Merchantile, on the side towards the Oasis: didn't look closely but appeared to be normal offering

Pandora behind drums: normal drinks, frozen fruit bars, no popcorn at 11:20 but maybe (?) they had boxes earlier

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter