**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

We were the other couple on the bus!
That's an amazing coincidence: and, if I remember my fellow DISers correctly, that means you are in DHS for DAH tonight? Too funny! We're in the same place. Be on the lookout for Totoro!:rotfl:

That's an amazing coincidence: and, if I remember my fellow DISers correctly, that means you are in DHS for DAH tonight? Too funny! We're in the same place. Be on the lookout for Totoro!:rotfl:
Pretty sure we sat across from you on the bus back to pofq! I didn’t want to say anything because I wasn’t sure since I didn’t see his Totoro hat. That’s so funny

We will be going to the event on April 3. This morning was out FP morning for the trip. We are going to EPCOT on April 7 after running the Star Wars Half. Was able to make all my FP+ reservations fine for that.

I then decided to see if I could make anything for April 3. We are only going to AK for the event. I entered 7:00PM as the time to make a FP+ for at AK, and I was able to select KS as an option. Assume this is valid since it will get dark later this time of year, and due to spring break they might be keeping KS open until park close. Anyone else tried this before? Any chance of messing something up?

We will be going to the event on April 3. This morning was out FP morning for the trip. We are going to EPCOT on April 7 after running the Star Wars Half. Was able to make all my FP+ reservations fine for that.

I then decided to see if I could make anything for April 3. We are only going to AK for the event. I entered 7:00PM as the time to make a FP+ for at AK, and I was able to select KS as an option. Assume this is valid since it will get dark later this time of year, and due to spring break they might be keeping KS open until park close. Anyone else tried this before? Any chance of messing something up?

Just keep an eye out for an e-mail from Disney regarding "insufficient tickets" warning that your last day of FPs will be cancelled. SOME people who book FPs with their DAH ticket get this warning, although the exact reasons for who does/doesn't get it remain unclear. The same thing happens with other hard party tickets... MNSSHP, MVMCP, etc.

Here's a cut/paste from the MK DAH FAQ which touches on the topic:

FPs with a DAH Ticket
  • FPs are not available during the DAH event, all rides are standby only.
  • DAH tickets will allow for FP booking during regular park hours, so - if you have no other FPs booked that day - one could book FPs during with a DAH ticket during the regular park hours before the event.
  • HOWEVER, there can be issues when doing this, as has been happening for some people with MNSSHP and MVMCP events since 2017. Booking FPs with DAH tickets in combination with certain trip details/configurations can potentially cause Disney's system to flag your account for insufficient ticket entitlements and you will receive a warning that your last day of FPs will be cancelled if you do not address the problem.
  • Who and exactly why people get this warning remains elusive.
  • Bottom line - if you choose to book FPs with your DAH ticket entitlement and you have FPs booked on other days with regular park admission - you have some potential risk of receiving this warning... so keep an eye out.

Hope that helps/answers your question.

Pretty sure we sat across from you on the bus back to pofq! I didn’t want to say anything because I wasn’t sure since I didn’t see his Totoro hat. That’s so funny
That was us; I thought it was you, too, but wasn't sure, and I also kept quiet for the same reason. Last night ended up too warm and humid for Totoro, not that we were complaining!

That's awesome!!!! How would you compare the other two to the MK dah? Hope you guys had a great time :)
Ak was terrible and we would not do that again. I think hs and mk are tied. I loved them both for different reasons. I like mk when we pair it with another mk day. We will take our time during dah and eat a ton of snacks maybe ride people mover a couple times. The overall atmosphere at mk is really relaxing. I loved hs because of the rides. Dh and I think hs has the best rides at Disney so getting to ride them over and over was a blast. We loved tot, rnrc, sdd, and star tours

That was us; I thought it was you, too, but wasn't sure, and I also kept quiet for the same reason. Last night ended up too warm and humid for Totoro, not that we were complaining!
It was pretty humid but I can’t believe it didn’t storm or rain more! It was so nice out. It was our last night so it was a perfect temperature before we headed home

Just keep an eye out for an e-mail from Disney regarding "insufficient tickets" warning that your last day of FPs will be cancelled. SOME people who book FPs with their DAH ticket get this warning, although the exact reasons for who does/doesn't get it remain unclear. The same thing happens with other hard party tickets... MNSSHP, MVMCP, etc.

Here's a cut/paste from the MK DAH FAQ which touches on the topic:

FPs with a DAH Ticket
  • FPs are not available during the DAH event, all rides are standby only.
  • DAH tickets will allow for FP booking during regular park hours, so - if you have no other FPs booked that day - one could book FPs during with a DAH ticket during the regular park hours before the event.
  • HOWEVER, there can be issues when doing this, as has been happening for some people with MNSSHP and MVMCP events since 2017. Booking FPs with DAH tickets in combination with certain trip details/configurations can potentially cause Disney's system to flag your account for insufficient ticket entitlements and you will receive a warning that your last day of FPs will be cancelled if you do not address the problem.
  • Who and exactly why people get this warning remains elusive.
  • Bottom line - if you choose to book FPs with your DAH ticket entitlement and you have FPs booked on other days with regular park admission - you have some potential risk of receiving this warning... so keep an eye out.

Hope that helps/answers your question.

Thanks. I'll keep a lookout for any email in regards to this.

You really are a bad influence! Now instead of thinking about just MK and HS I'm also thinking I should add AK too (ok so maybe not AK lol!)

xoxo
Sorry! We aren’t trying to be bad influences lol. We just like to try things for ourselves so we can see how we feel. I will say that we tried SO many new things this trip.

I would much rather just do a half day at ak with FPS. Everest was pretty awesome at night, but that was about where the fun ended. I was also pretty upset about the little cups of popcorn and pop

Thanks. I'll keep a lookout for any email in regards to this.
This happened to us on our trip in Dec. I had 10 day tickets during a 2 week period, and also xmas party tickets. The system, however, let me make fastpasses for all my days and the xmas party day (which was in the middle of the trip). However, I never got an email about any being cancelled - but the system did in fact cancel the FP on the last day of ticket use. I didn't know it until park day, and we had no FP. So, even if you don't get an email, I would keep checking in case something gets cancelled, bit of a nasty surprise!

Everest x3-long waits because people kept peeing in the seats and they had to clean them then send them through empty to air them out

We didn't experience this and didn't hear anything from the cast members about it. We rode Everest 4 times and were on the train right before it broke down. We actually stopped on the track before the Yeti and then coasted slowly in, singing Row Your Boat and paddling for all we were worth. We then went over to Dinosaur and rode it 4 times. My biggest disappointment is that none of our Dinosaur pictures have appeared in our PhotoPass account, and we had some great ones.

<snip> My biggest disappointment is that none of our Dinosaur pictures have appeared in our PhotoPass account, and we had some great ones.

Unfortunately, the link seems to be less accessible on the new PhotoPass website, but if you click the link for FAQs at the very bottom of the first page you can search for "missing Photos" and find the option to email them or the number to call them to report the missing photos. We've had a number of photos missing over the years, from attractions to those taken by PhotoPass photographers in various locations, and the PhotoPass staff has been amazing at finding them.

Unfortunately, the link seems to be less accessible on the new PhotoPass website, but if you click the link for FAQs at the very bottom of the first page you can search for "missing Photos" and find the option to email them or the number to call them to report the missing photos. We've had a number of photos missing over the years, from attractions to those taken by PhotoPass photographers in various locations, and the PhotoPass staff has been amazing at finding them.

Thank you. I had to dig, but I found what you were telling me about. I was able to fill out the online form (their phone number is disconnected) and give them info as to what we were wearing and my MagicBand number. Hopefully they find them. I know they were taken, because we looked at them after every ride and the PhotoPass cast member at the counter was laughing telling us we made her night. She even gave us Happily Ever After pins. :D

Sorry! We aren’t trying to be bad influences lol. We just like to try things for ourselves so we can see how we feel. I will say that we tried SO many new things this trip.

I would much rather just do a half day at ak with FPS. Everest was pretty awesome at night, but that was about where the fun ended. I was also pretty upset about the little cups of popcorn and pop
I know lol! But I really do appreciate your honesty and reviews of all 3 DAH events. It has helped me a lot because even though I know we want to do HS now I am also seriously thinking about MK. Seems like a ton of fun!

I'll echo @SimplyTink . I really appreciate the frank comments about all of the DAH events. It really helped me to decide that the AK DAH wouldn't be worth it to us, even if Disney did get off the stick and open up dates past April 3.

We have all 3 DAH events booked. Most concerned about this one since everything is so spread out and minimal rides compared to the other two. I'm just going to keep an open mind and focus on being able to enjoy the park with minimal crowds and soak in Pandora at night. Hopefully there won't be any FOP mishaps that night.

I'm sad to hear about the FoP situations that have been happening. I have this event booked for 2/12. I'm keeping it... and I'm just going to go into it not expecting to ride FoP more than once (twice tops perhaps). I hope to just soak in AK at night with minimal crowds.. and honestly I'll prob ride River Journey a couple times! Haha! I never ride that ride on my full park day b/c I don't want to wait on it and my FP+ is always booked for FoP. So riding Navi with no wait sounds nice! It's a short, uneventful ride but i do find it really calming and beautiful! I'm also excited to ride Everest/Dinosaur multiple times as well. Don't really care about the snacks LOL. but I hope to stockpile some water bottles in my backpack to drink the rest of the week :flower1:

Thank you. I had to dig, but I found what you were telling me about. I was able to fill out the online form (their phone number is disconnected) and give them info as to what we were wearing and my MagicBand number. Hopefully they find them. I know they were taken, because we looked at them after every ride and the PhotoPass cast member at the counter was laughing telling us we made her night. She even gave us Happily Ever After pins. :D
We are missing a lot of pictures, too. We don't have any of our Dinosaur ride photos or our 7dmt photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter