**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I had been checking for new dates a couple times a day. The first morning tickets were onsale for the new dates (around 7/7:30am) I bought the tickets. The date I posted about going I believe is when bought them.

I haven’t heard anything from Disney. I’d be absolutely crushed if the event were cancelled.

It’s funny actually because when I bought the tickets on my phone the “please wait while we process your order” message with Woody never went away and I was nervous the order didn’t go through even though I received a confirmation email and the tickets were showing up in MyDisney Experience. So later that day I called to confirm the purchase and they confirmed I successfully bought the tickets and sent me a second confirmation email.

Well, it's definitely cancelled now. I really feel for you. Of there three offered during our trip, this one excited me the most. We may consider 5/14, but our flight is early enough on 5/15 that I'm not sure we want to be out that late the night before.

DAH at AK for May 7 has definitely been cancelled.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/events/dis...event-at-disneys-animal-kingdom-cancelled.htm

Also, it's not appearing on the website anymore.

5/7 is our last day and since none of the other dates worked, I had considered maybe extending our stay 1 day to be able to do this one. Glad I didn't! I'd be so angry right now!

It's really bad show on their part to offer a date and then cancel it so quickly. It tells me that, yet again, the different parts of operations weren't communicating well. I feel bad for the people who DID make changes to their schedules already to make this event work. Sigh.

It's frustrating even for those of us who didn't change their schedules. This time slot worked perfectly for an evening which we had planned to be unscheduled. If we do opt for 5/9 in MK or 5/10 at DHS, it will require giving up a FP that won't be gotten back and rearranging ADRs that are very tight. We could actually make 5/10 work, but we're not sure DHS DAH is worth the $$$$. Mk on 5/9 is the better bet of the two, but more problematic schedule-wise.

This is what Disney needs to understand - with 60/180 planning, and high-demand FPs and ADRs, it's hard to re-arrange everything to take advantage of a an offering announced so close to the trip, and for those who did plan around the event only to lose it, it's even worse.

Dirk

I had booked 5/7. It was my niece’s 5th birthday trip. We were only there for 3 nights. I am pretty bummed that it’s cancelled. It was the only time she was going to be able to see AK at night. Originally I had dinner scheduled at Epcot, but changed to lunch. I am glad I didn’t actually cancel the ADR dinner at Epcot.

Well, it's definitely cancelled now. I really feel for you. Of there three offered during our trip, this one excited me the most. We may consider 5/14, but our flight is early enough on 5/15 that I'm not sure we want to be out that late the night before.

It's frustrating even for those of us who didn't change their schedules. This time slot worked perfectly for an evening which we had planned to be unscheduled. If we do opt for 5/9 in MK or 5/10 at DHS, it will require giving up a FP that won't be gotten back and rearranging ADRs that are very tight. We could actually make 5/10 work, but we're not sure DHS DAH is worth the $$$$. Mk on 5/9 is the better bet of the two, but more problematic schedule-wise.

This is what Disney needs to understand - with 60/180 planning, and high-demand FPs and ADRs, it's hard to re-arrange everything to take advantage of a an offering announced so close to the trip, and for those who did plan around the event only to lose it, it's even worse.

Dirk

Oh yes, of course it is. I apologize, I didn't mean to leave you and all the others out who were looking forward to this event. :grouphug:

I am absolutely furious. I was SOOO excited about this event. It was perfect. We were only going to be in Orlando for four days. I don’t get to go to FL very often. And I was SO excited to take my dad so he could experience FOP with no wait/heat (he gets heat stroke sometimes). My dad’s on the older side and I knew this would be his one chance to experience a ride he would LOVE (he loves the sensation of flying!). Now he may never ride it.

They really should not have posted the dates until they were sure. This is worse than if the date had not been offered in the first place. I’ve been thinking about the event ever since I bought the tickets.

I stiill haven’t received an email or phone call about the event being cancelled. If I didn’t stalk this forum I would still think the event was happening as it appears in MyDisney Experience.

I called Disney saying I heard rumors it was cancelled and he didn’t confirm/deny. He simply said he’d connect me with the team “dealing with it”. Then after 5 minutes the same guy came back and said they just left for the day (how convenient). Again he said nothing of the event but told me a phone number I should call.

WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO BE THE ONE TO CALL AND MAKE THE EFFORT??

I should have immediately received an email saying the event was cancelled and someone would be in touch about refunding the tickets.

Anyways I hope Disney is happy-they have totally ruined my week. I’m so upset.

We were called this evening letting us know the May 7th event had been canceled. They told me they would refund our cc and we could reschedule. They told me the date was loaded wrong and the correct date was May 6th. They told me it will take them a little time to get it in the system but I can purchase tickets to the May 6th date when its loaded.

We were called this evening letting us know the May 7th event had been canceled. They told me they would refund our cc and we could reschedule. They told me the date was loaded wrong and the correct date was May 6th. They told me it will take them a little time to get it in the system but I can purchase tickets to the May 6th date when its loaded.

Thanks for the heads up on the new dates. I feel so badly for those who were scheduled on the 7th. You'd think Disney would spread a little pixie dust for their trouble at least. May 6 is our last night and I already have the AK scheduled so if they add it, I'll definitely buy. It just stinks for those who planned for the 7th and can't reschedule- been there, done that before.

Last edited:

I had booked 5/7. It was my niece’s 5th birthday trip. We were only there for 3 nights. I am pretty bummed that it’s cancelled. It was the only time she was going to be able to see AK at night. Originally I had dinner scheduled at Epcot, but changed to lunch. I am glad I didn’t actually cancel the ADR dinner at Epcot.

Since this wasn't offered during our trip, I planned on getting in line for FOP at closing- I had read that it was a good way to be able to see Pandora at night with a relatively empty park. I know it's not the same as dah, but you might consider it.

OMIGAWD YOU JUST GAVE ME HOPE! I’ll be there May 6th so I hope you are right!! Did they mention when they think the tickets will go onsale? I want to get them before they sell out.

So, I accidentally posted this in the Magic Kingdom After Hours thread, but thought I'd add it here too (even though I see above that someone else appears to have noticed too):

---

So, I just tried to order After Hours at Animal Kingdom for May 7th and apparently it is already sold out!?

The web site says that it is not sold out when you pick the date, but then when you try to check out it gives an error saying that the order can't be placed online right now and to call. So I called and they said that they are already sold out for May 7th and they just haven't updated the website yet.

Is it really sold out 5 weeks ahead of time? I guess I'm just really surprised -- didn't they just announce the May 7th date like 4-5 days ago?

Or is this just the site being weird and the CSR being wrong? I've been getting all kinds of errors on the site today. So, I have a tiny amount of hope that this is just a mistake...

---

But now I'm hearing maybe May 7th is cancelled? Well that really messes up our plans. That was going to be our only day/night in the park this trip. :(
I am just now seeing the posts today about May 7 being canceled. We booked our tickets the day the dates were released. I have not received correspondence from Disney, yet about any cancellations. So disappointed we won’t be able to experience this event! I was unable to get FOP FP, and I was hoping we could try it out during our DAH at AK. So, it looks like we won’t get to ride it at all this trip. :worried:

Oh boy, I sure hope that turns out to be true! The fact that they called you and gave you this information gives me a lot of hope (as opposed to some random cm a person gets from calling Disney). Thank you for letting us know!

Well, that was pretty awesome. My first ever DAH tonight and I had a great time. At least at Dinosaur (where I started) they weren’t letting people on until 8:30 (I assume to clear out the non-party guests) and I had no problem with that. After that went to EE, rose a couple of times, then decided to try my luck over in Pandora. Got on Na’vi with about a five minute wait, then rode FOP twice with a posted wait time of twenty minutes. It was probably closer to thirty each time, but that includes all the preshows. Headed back to EE and ride four times, walk on each time, and CMs were letting us choose whatever row we wanted. I have to say, that ride at night is awesome. It just had a different vibe. Very cool walking back to the front and walking through a nearly empty park. I personally thought it was totally worth the money. EE might be my favorite ride on property so I could have rode that all night. And to get FOP twice in an hour felt like a huge win.
First time I rode EE at night was during after hours in December. I agree it is awesome at night and is one of my daughter's and my favorite rides. We caught glimpses of Illlumination on the climb. We had ridden 3 times before after hours and then rode 5 times in a row. I almost made myself sick riding so many times back to back, but loved it. Trying for a repeat experience in June. Glad you had a good time.

I hope so too, but I'm a little wary. Every other one is on a Tuesday and really, how long does it take to add a date to the system? I've got my fingers crossed, my hopes in check!

I am just now seeing the posts today about May 7 being canceled. We booked our tickets the day the dates were released. I have not received correspondence from Disney, yet about any cancellations. So disappointed we won’t be able to experience this event! I was unable to get FOP FP, and I was hoping we could try it out during our DAH at AK. So, it looks like we won’t get to ride it at all this trip. :worried:

Given your extraordinary circumstances I would definitely contact someone in the executive offices, not customer service, regarding this issue. They will be able to verify thru your MDE that you purchased the AK event tickets for the cancelled date and that you were not able to get an FOP fast pass. I would politely DEMAND they make you whole not only with a refund but also FP for FOP on your AK day.

Chief Executive
George Kalogridis
CEO
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
(407) 828-2600
george.kalogridis@disney.com

Given your extraordinary circumstances I would definitely contact someone in the executive offices, not customer service, regarding this issue. They will be able to verify thru your MDE that you purchased the AK event tickets for the cancelled date and that you were not able to get an FOP fast pass. I would politely DEMAND they make you whole not only with a refund but also FP for FOP on your AK day.

Chief Executive
George Kalogridis
CEO
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
(407) 828-2600
george.kalogridis@disney.com
The refund should 100% be given but I don’t see why the OP should be given an FOP fp.

ETA: I guess I didn’t mean why it should be given but why it should be demanded

Last edited:
The refund should 100% be given but I don’t see why the OP should be given an FOP fp.

Disney quite often tries to make up for their mistakes with a little pixie dust. I see no reason why they wouldn't do it. It costs them nothing, involves relatively few people and is the very least they could do. The refund is a no brainer, of course you get your money back. It in no way does anything to make up for the problems it causes their guests.

Disney quite often tries to make up for their mistakes with a little pixie dust. I see no reason why they wouldn't do it. It costs them nothing, involves relatively few people and is the very least they could do. The refund is a no brainer, of course you get your money back. It in no way does anything to make up for the problems it causes their guests.

Exactly,
Not even sure why this was a question. My post has nothing to do with the obvious refund it has to do with who you call and what will really make someone whole under the specific circumstance.

Anyone else with May 7th tickets been called? And anyone else heard about the possible May 6th date? I called the special number I was given last night but they told me the team in charge wouldn’t take my call and I’d get a call back later. I asked point blank if the event had been cancelled since up to this point no one at Disney would tell me outright and she finally admitted yes she believed that date had been cancelled but an agent would call back to “discuss your options”.

I just want there to be an alternate date that week so bad.

Also I’m extremely disappointed in how all of this is being handled. If not for this forum I’d have no clue the event had been cancelled and I’d be totally in the dark.

Edit: Considering how all of this is being handled and how close we are to the date being cancelled (close in Disney planning world) I really think in addition to a refund they should offer us a small something like a $20 gift card or a discount on a one day park ticket or something.

A few people have been called, but only one person has been told about the possibility of May 6 being added. I'm not accusing that poster of lying, but I'm concerned the information may not have been accurate. I'd feel a lot better about it if anyone else had also been told about May 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter