Disney 12x12 ABC Page Swap/MAW:COMPLETE

They have that sticker sheet at the Archivers near me. I saw it last weekend. I'll wait for Holly to respond first though! :goodvibes

Edit: Or you can buy just the stickers directly through Sandylion as well: Click Me! :)

Just let me know if you would like me to run out to Archivers though! I <3 that store (my wallet does not)! ;)

Thanks for checking Holly. I may have to do the last few with a pp Mickey or order directly from Sandylion. I got time to figure it out.

On a side note. I had one of my letters worked on. I had the cs attached to my diecut paper and all the photo mats cut and matted and the journal box cut out. Then here comes my ds4 who I warned to stop doing what he was doing, but he did not listen and there goes my diet coke, which reached my pages that were in progress :sad2: Now I have to recut 8 more photo mats and replace one page with the die cut paper. Ugggghhhhh

On top of that he wanted to play with my gyspy at the dr's office. I told him he could... poor fellow had 3 shots coming. Well he dropped my pretty pink stylus and it broke :sad2:. Just not my week to keep my scrapping safe. The only way I can get another pink stylus is to pay $17 at M's for 3.

Finished another protoype.

I have everything cut for Q; it is at the assembly stage. I don't have enough black brads. I've been to 3 stores so far looking for them. I had no idea black brads would be difficult to find:confused3 I guess I'll have to order them.

Finished another protoype.

I have everything cut for Q; it is at the assembly stage. I don't have enough black brads. I've been to 3 stores so far looking for them. I had no idea black brads would be difficult to find:confused3 I guess I'll have to order them.

small? round or square? How many?

Same here... haha. I bought a pack of black, silver, and copper, but I only needed the copper, so I have a lot left over.

Small, round 7x15 - whatever is in my stash = :confused3 Where are you buying them? I don't know why M's doesn't have them. My ACM is in complete disarray -- they are clearancing everything - -they even have a huge tent of clearance in the parking lot. Nobody knows where anything is.

I get brads in bulk from Oriental trading, but they are not as nice as other brands.

My last pack was from Hobby Lobby and I also have lots of multi colored ones with the black tucked in.

Did you want me to send you them?

I think we got packs from ACM when they were clearancing packs of brads last year - we stocked up.

Well I *think* I've got my my first set of 15 pages completed--unless you ladies suggest any changes or improvements (which I am completely open to by the way). I used one of the sketches Nemomom posted and it was very helpful to have everything laid out already.

Group A "Letter J" page with the title being: It's A Jungle Out There.

Not sure if you can tell but I did machine stitch the journal box on the left side and I stitched the Zig zag at the bottom rather than using a paper shaped scallop like in the original sketch. Is it okay to make that subtle change?

bentley012.jpg

title with a hidden minnie. The rest of the title "It's A" is at the top of the journaling box (true to the sketch design).
bentley014.jpg

close up of the paper pieced embellishment--photo can slide under it as it's not glued down on the mat all the way
bentley013.jpg

All of them have the green leaf ribbons except for 3. I ran out after making two trips to my local scrapbook store. It was dreadful horrible ribbon to work with and it took forever to try to tie because the leaves kept getting all tangled and breaking off. So I decided to use a different ribbon on the last 3. Two of them have the black/tan stripe and 1 has the green jute stripe. Is that okay? I don't mind taking the any of "oddball" ones myself.
bentley015.jpg

bentley016.jpg

So questions:
Is my "J" embellished enough to make it stand out as the ABC letter for this page? I could put black stickles on the tiger stripes to make it draw more attention. Any other ideas?

Is my page up to par with what you're expecting? This is my first completed page swap so please be honest if I need to make changes I am happy to do so. What do you think?

Wow! That is a great page! I'm in the other group, but I think it looks awesome. I think the J stands out just fine - nice job.

Well, you know I love it! And I can't wait to see it in person tomorrow. :love:

I am happy to take one of the oddball ones. I like all the looks.

It is NemoMom's call on the "J". I would deem it acceptable, but I'm not sure how she envisions these. It will be good to hear her thoughts before starting my own. :)

Way cool on getting all 15 done!!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter