DISMEET 2022? Is Anyone Interested?

@bama_ed I never had scrapple till I met my wife. I actually like it, but it does need to be properly cooked and not overcooked. The girls love Taylor Ham (Pork roll), their father grew up in NJ and that was their common thing. Growing up in NY I think the one thing that they all turn their nose up at is Lox (brined smoked salmon) with cream cheese on a bagel. I am fascinated at times what various areas of the country thing are normal breakfast foods. I never knew about biscuits and sausage gravy till I moved to MD, never had grits till I went to Myrtle Beach, SC.

As for areas. Lancaster wouldn't be too bad and reasonable drive to other things.

@FtWMike, thanks for looking into this. I have been ridiculously busy at work. I will post a poll and see what week works best for all

So after a conversation with @PaHunter, it appears the Gettysburg campground has numerous buddy sites and decent amount of sites available.
I will call tomorrow and see if the can maybe give us a group discount? or at least give us the ability to park together/near each other.
If it is possible, let's try to get a headcount

Depends on the dates. Like some said above school is the key thing, and testing at the end of the year. If im able to go im in.

Ed I have started stocking up on SCRAPPLE to bring with us so you will be will be well taken care of.

That's not how the game will be played, Mike. Just sayin' :rolleyes1

PS - we stopped in at Gettysburg National Park two summers/falls ago to visit Dear Son who is working up in northeast Pennsy (Scranton area). Visited the National Park Visitors Center (and could have spent several additional HOURS). Would love to spend another day or two there including visiting the Dwight Eisenhower farm nearby (after being US President he retired to a farm nearby - had been a tank school commander IIRC after WWI in the area).
PPS - We just need a campground name, dates, and us short campers can fit in nearly ANYwhere. :cool1:

Last edited:
Myself and Randy have been plotting a 2 week West run next year. Been formulating this since the winter. Looking at a Rocky Mountain NP, Grand Teton NP, Yellowstone NP run. Likely first 2 full weeks of June. After that time my oldest DDs band practice has multiple summer camps and really puts squeeze on things.

I'll keep up with your plans, if our trip west doesn't hold then we can certainly go east instead.

Myself and Randy have been plotting a 2 week West run next year. Been formulating this since the winter. Looking at a Rocky Mountain NP, Grand Teton NP, Yellowstone NP run. Likely first 2 full weeks of June. After that time my oldest DDs band practice has multiple summer camps and really puts squeeze on things.

I'll keep up with your plans, if our trip west doesn't hold then we can certainly go east instead.

Hope you have your campgrounds booked. Every camping forum I am in, everyone who has just purchased a RV wants to go to those same places. Now if you are up to boondocking, you have a better chance. Best of luck, sounds like a nice trip for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter