Disliking these discounts.....

Princess Amy

Nurse by day. Disney Princess by night.
I understand they have the room only discount and the gift card promotion out now. And these discounts expire 3/27 for stays till 8/14. Do you think there will be another early summer discount offered after 3/27? 3/27 seems a little early to not have another discount for June or July. Last year the buy 4 get 3 deal expired the day before the package dates started in June. We plan on going 6/23 to 6/30.

I am really not happy with either of these discounts and keep hoping that a better one will come along. We saved so much last year, that these offers are so :sad2: I know this may be asking for too much since there is already two promotions out right now. Unfortunately, my DH told me if another one does not come out then we will have to wait till next year. My thought is ....:eek:....I cannot wait another year without my Disney. Ugh! I just have to have my yearly Mickey fix ;)

So what does everyone think?

Unfortunately, I don't think you will see them come out with any more general public discounts for June than what is already out. And, what they have, while not as good as the 4/3 from last year, are still pretty good discounts.

I hope you get DH to change his mind!!!

While not as good as the 7/4 the discounts worked out pretty well for us. Usually the AP rates were running about $100 a night off the rack rate (2004-2008). I called to book with the extended summer rates (35% off a deluxe) and found out we had a 20/30/40 pin code!

Our deluxe cl room rack rate would have been $540 - we're paying $324. We had a regular room booked before the discount came out and the rack rate was $340. So we're paying less, getting a bigger rooms and CL!

I suppose maybe it depends on which level resort you are considering staying at but I just did the Disney Math on my currently booked trip and my 40% room discount works out to 276 a nite before tax vs if they were to run the 4/3 again of 262.85 a nite , a difference of only 14.85 a nite before tax, that is not enough to keep me home for another year, I would book now and so as to get what ressies I wanted and not wait

I think people need to realize WDW is a business. They do not need to offer any discounts. If you can not afford to go at the curent rate than it is not the year to go. Save some more and go at a different date. But you can not be mad that Disney is not giving you a "DEAL".

We can only go during Easter and Christmas (teacher) and we hate summers so we have to pay rack rate no deals available at all (except AP - which woudl not work for us)- so we either pay for the rack rate of pass on the trip - no complaining.

well, Universal is coming on strong...I just received a PIN for on site hotels there...and let me tell you the discount is nice for early June. I was able to book weekend nights at 154 and weekday at 125 for the Royal Pacific Resort. We usually head to USO for 2 days and book RPR for the FOTL access without even checking out of our WDW resort, but this PIN just made it much easier to split our stay and actually spend time at RPR AS IT IS SOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!So guess who's getting our food money for those days? Disney resort discounts did not even come into play for us so far...we have the Dolphin for 152, and then RPR for the above rates...now if only WDW had the $99 7 day tickets that USO offered! As far as being a business, maybe a meeting is in order to discuss keeping people on site...I nkow the UK gets awesome discounts, maybe WDW should include us folks form the states as well!

You can use the room discount to make a package so it doesn't have to be room only. The only thing is that the percentage off only comes off the cost of the room.

I did the 4/3 last year and the 40% off this year and the savings is about the same for a standard room at a deluxe level resort. The 4/3 saved us about 40% as well for our 7 night trip. I actually like the straight percent off this year because we wanted to stay longer than 7 nights last year but wouldn't have gotten the discount on the additional nights. This year we can stay 9 nights and are getting 40% off of every night.

I'm guessing alot of these discounts all net out in the same neighborhood. Above poster gave good example of how the 7/4 from last year would be real close to the 20/30/40 they are offering now. I also priced out the difference between the gift card and the % discount that is available through 8/14 and the difference was $25.

If you are even considering going I'd take the % discount now and book before there are no rooms available for your dates. It only requires a $200 deposit, and you can then move your dates later if you need to delay the trip (or rebook to a better deal if it comes out).

We're paying the same amount that we did last year with the 4/3 deal staying at the GF (for April). Well we upgraded this year, but before I did, it was the same amount for a garden room.
I think the deal is just as good. Why don't you book now, its only a 5 % difference and if they happen to come out with a better one or you get a pin code then just switch offers to save a few more $.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter