DISers Love Broadway!

Either I just "scooped" DS, or he burst the bubble on 'Hamilton" I texted him to check with his Broadway playing friends, and no one had heard that about "Hamilton' restarting

From eater.com:
https://www.eater.com/22167361/tikt...Ratatouille musical is really going to happen
The TikTok phenomenon will become a concert presentation on January 1
In one of the more impressive projects to come out of pandemic boredom, users of TikTok have collaborated to create an entire fan musical based on the Disney’s Ratatouille. It began when user @e_jaccs posted ‘Ode to Remy,” a quick original tune about “the rat of all my dreams,” and eventually blossomed into a global project with new songs, set designs, and Playbills. Now, the show is actually going to come to life as a benefit concert for the Actors Fund, a non-profit that supports actors and stage workers, and will stream on January 1. This is...delightful? Does anyone remember feeling like this??...

“Finding new outlets for creative collaboration has never been more imperative than it is right now,” said Greg Nobile, CEO of Seaview, the production company that picked up the musical. “We can’t wait to share what these remarkable creators have dreamt up which will now allow them to benefit other artists through the vital work of The Actors Fund.”
So far, it’s unclear which of the many songs will be included, though it appears many of the original TikTok creators will be involved in the show. Thankfully, TikTok’s terms of service do say users own the content they create, and Disney seems to be on board.
With many of the TikTok contributors being out-of-work musicians and theater workers themselves, and Broadway being dead until at least May 2021, new theater feels nice. As does envisioning a future in which we get to hear Patti LuPone scream “Eeet ees a peasaaahhnt deeesh!” at least once.

So many people have sent me that Jimmy Fallon/ Andrew Rannells mashup this week - and I've watched it every time.

I came across this video, I had seen it before, but maybe some people here enjoy it as well. It is about how Christine's wedding dress in the Phantom of the Opera is treated and cleaned between shows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter