Disembarking

fourjs

Earning My Ears
How long does it take to get from ship (wonder) to the MCO airport if we are taking disney transportation? Our flight leaves at 12:30 pm. Can we make it?

My wifes birthday happens during the cruise. Anything special happen for her?

We just returned from a cruise on 1/17. It was a four-night cruise on the Wonder. Disney has disembarkation down to a precise science. Our flight was at 12:04 P.M., and we were at the Orlando airport by 9:30. When you leave the ship, you go off the boat into the terminal, down an escalator and into a big room where all the luggage is in color coded areas (sorted by a tag that they give you to fill out). It takes all of 30 seconds to find your bags, and there are porters to help you take them to the buses. Many of the airlines have representatives at the buses, and you can check your bags right there. and they will be put directly onto your flight, so you don't even have to take them with you. The buses left promptly for the airport, and we had more than enough time. Going through immigation is a breeze as long as you don't exceed the duty-free amount for your purchases, which is $600 per person. Most people don't, so you just hand immigation your form and go right through. Just be sure to attend the disembarkation talk given by the cruise director the last night of the cruise. It will answer all your questions. As far as your wife's birthday goes, we saw several people, including two at our table, get birthday cakes, and the servers sing to the person and make a big deal out of it. It was our first cruise, and we just loved everything about it. I'm sure you'll have the time of your life.

Make sure you call DCL and have them put a note on the reservation that it is your wife's B'Day. They will not automatically know unless it's noted on the ressie.

MJ

Learn from our mistakes::)
--#1 I sent my dh to the debarkation meeting (sorry if that sounds sexist.....but he's not too detail oriented...love him though!)
--#2 The biggie.....after you collect the bags and a porter takes them out to the vans to check them....STAND WHERE HE TELLS YOU TO....do not think it's taken care of and get on a bus! We made this mistake, and our bags were still in Port Canaveral while we were searching for them in Philly 6 hours later! It took my dh about 2 days to realize that it was our fault....he kept complaining about it not being "idiot-proof", but then realized .....well, you get the rest! LOL! If you fly an airline that will check your bags at the port, you need to stand in line and get claim tickets for your bags...I know, sounds elementary, but....:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter