disembarking from Port Canaveral

Nicbar

Mouseketeer
we are arriving back to port on Sunday around 7:30 from a Dream cruise to the Bahamas...what time can you start to disemark? and When do you HAVE to be off?
thanks.

More than likely you'll be in port long before that. You will probably clear customs by 7:30-8 and be able to leave at that point. You need to be out of your cabin by 8 (I believe) and then they are looking to have everyone off the ship by 9-9:30.

This past Sunday 2/12 the announcement was made at 7:21 AM that the ship had been cleared. We arrived back in port around 5-ish.

Just came home on Sunday the 12th. I looked at my watch after they announced the ship was cleared and we could disembark. It was 7:20 a.m.

I was on the Magic in January, and they started to let people off the ship about 7:45am

Thank you for calling it disembarking, the opposite of embarking. When people call it debarking I feel like we're going to the dogs.

Normally the ship is cleared about 7:30; you can leave any time after that. HOWEVER, the clearance is up to the US Customs people and I have seen it be as late as 9:10. That is MAJOR bad news.

OK, so you can eat breakfast and get off any time after the clearance. DCL asks that everyone leave by 9 and about 9:15 they start "encouraging" people toward the door. You do not want to be on the last bus to either MCO or WDW (if using DCL transfers). Early on, they send a bus to terminal A and a different bus to terminal B at MCO. That means that you only have one stop.:goodvibes The last bus will hit both stops.

As to WDW...we've been told various things by CMs--that a bus can go to no more than either 4 or 5 resorts. Well, on our last trip we were off the ship and outside by 8:45. We got stuck on that joyous last bus and spent 2 1/2 hours visiting 6 different resorts before we got dropped off. The trip before that, I was instructed to "wait over there" and waited for 45 minutes before being directed to a vehicle!!! We had never had this sort of experience before--I swear that the woman at the podium didn't have a clue as to what she was doing...but it was not at all pleasant.

we are arriving back to port on Sunday around 7:30 from a Dream cruise to the Bahamas...what time can you start to disemark? and When do you HAVE to be off?
thanks.

The ship will get back into PC sometime around 5am. Disembarkation can not start until all luggage is off loaded and US Customs has cleared the ship and passenger luggage. People will start lining up at the door around 7am. If there are no issues with clearing the ship, you can expect the doors to open between 7:15 and 7:30. If something comes up, it can be later. There is no way to predict a precise time.

wow 7am that's early...so basically my 3night 4 day has turned into a 3 night, 2 & 1/2 day cruise! My next one has got to be a WEEK! Fla. LOTTO here I come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter