Disembarkation Flight: Is 11:45 am international flight time from MIA possible on Jan. 6, 2019 (Sun)

AngelDisney

Dream a Disney Dream 0[;)
Taking the 4-Night cruise on Magic sailing from Miami Jan. 2-6, 2019. Flight prices are crazy and have been increasing. Westjet has 11:45 am flight to Toronto and price includes seat selection. This is the only direct flight to Toronto from MIA. There are 3 direct flights from Fort Lauderdale but this means additional cost to get to FLL. It’s only DD and me on this trip and we are planning to have only carry-ons. We also have NEXUS cards. Considering the latest time the ship may dock, are we able to make this flight? TIA for your kind assistance and insights!

Being a frequent traveler for work for the last 12 Year’s,with quite a few trips through MIA, here is what I can share.

It seems it is too early for a January flight to find many discounts. If you are willing to wait you may find some better deals by waiting to book.

I have not flown to Toronto from Miami but have done the opposite. In Miami should only have the regular security, not “Pre-Customs”, so that should give you a few minutes more on this end.

I can’t say how heavy the morning traffic is on a given day but the trip from the port to the airport is pretty direct and should not be too bad. It is Miami and you can never discount traffic, especially in that area. Expect about 10-15 minute for travel. The TSA lines will probably be pretty full on a Saturday morning so budget another 30-60 minutes. 10 minutes to get to gate and actual boarding should start at 11:15. Counting back those times, if you expect you can be off the ship by 9-9:30 you should be good.

Being a frequent traveler for work for the last 12 Year’s,with quite a few trips through MIA, here is what I can share.

It seems it is too early for a January flight to find many discounts. If you are willing to wait you may find some better deals by waiting to book.

I have not flown to Toronto from Miami but have done the opposite. In Miami should only have the regular security, not “Pre-Customs”, so that should give you a few minutes more on this end.

I can’t say how heavy the morning traffic is on a given day but the trip from the port to the airport is pretty direct and should not be too bad. It is Miami and you can never discount traffic, especially in that area. Expect about 10-15 minute for travel. The TSA lines will probably be pretty full on a Saturday morning so budget another 30-60 minutes. 10 minutes to get to gate and actual boarding should start at 11:15. Counting back those thims, ifyou expect you can be off the ship by 9-9:30 you should be good.

This is very helpful!

:thanks:

Time wise you should be fine. As for price it's a the end of holiday week everyone's coming home from vacation. School starts back up the 8th. I wouldn't expect any great discounts, but it may be too early to get the best prices.

Time wise you should be fine. As for price it's a the end of holiday week everyone's coming home from vacation. School starts back up the 8th. I wouldn't expect any great discounts, but it may be too early to get the best prices.

I am using the Hopper App and it’s telling me to book by July 10. It’s the day before school starts on Monday here in Toronto. That’s why I am stressing out. :guilty:

I am using the Hopper App and it’s telling me to book by July 10. It’s the day before school starts on Monday here in Toronto. That’s why I am stressing out. :guilty:
You're not kidding about the prices. I checked American it's 1600 dollars one way. We don't have west jet. American and Southwest are the main carriers where I live. If you're comfortable with the price I'd book.

Make sure when you book your flights to enter your nexus id for TSA pre-check as you’ll be able to get through the security line faster!

DH and I have Nexus cards. Last cruise, we have done the self-assisted express check-out, jumped in a cab and made it one hour earlier than boarding for a 11:20 AM flight... From FLL!

So yes, it's definitely doable as long your ship can dock at the time they planned.

Air Canada Rouge has a 4:30 pm direct flight to Toronto from Miami. Is there anything to spend the extra time in the airport terminal like shopping or eating? TIA!

You can get transport to FLL for $30 (15 per person). If that is a better option for you, I'd do that. We did that exact cruise this past january (came back on the Sunday to fly back to Toronto). We made it back to FLL in plenty of time. We found the prices better out of FLL than MIA. Really hated the FLL airport though ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter