Discovery Cove- Size/Weight limits?

tzolkin

DIS Veteran
I was just looking through the FAQ and read that the wetsuit sizes are toddler to 18XL. I believe you must wear one to get in the water, so does that mean that this park is really not available to larger guests?

We are planning a trip this spring and thought it would be fun for MIL to join us. She wears a 3-4X. So if I'm reading the info correctly, she wouldn't be able to do anything except sit on the beach. :confused3

If that's the case, I don't want to invite her if it's going to be embarrassing and she won't be able to participate in anything with the kids.

Any experiences/info?

From reading on these forums I am pretty sure there won't be a problem. I read somewhere that they have up to size 8x. If you are worried you can always call them and ask then you can relax and know for sure. :)

My DH is a BIG fellow. 6' 4" tall, and about 295 pounds. He normally wears a mens 3X in shirts.

We have been to DC twice....once with the dolphin swim and once without.....and his size was never a problem. Not for the wetsuit fitting, nor the activities. Its a great day for all ages and sizes.

Thanks for the replies!

I guess I will call to be sure before inviting her.

I figured if they really couldn't accomodate larger people than it should have been somewhere easy to find on the website. But I have no idea why they would state that they only go up to a certain size in the FAQ.

I really don't think that 18XL means a size 18. There are several threads about this, and it seems as though they can accomodate any size. Let us know what you find out, though! :thumbsup2

I really don't think that 18XL means a size 18. There are several threads about this, and it seems as though they can accomodate any size. Let us know what you find out, though! :thumbsup2

Yes, I found some other blogs/reviews where people were confused by employees over the phone who told them that the sizes only went up to 18.

I have now read many people who are 400+ pounds who were given a size 12 or something similar, so apparently they do not correspond to clothing sizes. I can't understand why they don't just give a bit more info on the website.

I will still call if she wants to come just to be sure.

If you are talking just about the wetsuits, you don't have to have them to get in the water...just the snorkeling vest. The wetsuit is optional (or at least it was the 2 times we were there). We did wear them for the dolphin swim one time and did not the other time - we just had to have the vests on whenever we were in the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter