• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discovery Cove or Sea World first?

MarieCW

Really loves It's a Small World
:confused:
I'm thrilled to be taking my 13-year-old son to Discovery Cove in August, and we plan to spend a day at Sea World also (with the free admission from DC), not necessarily on consecutive days. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which to do first? My thoughts are, if we do SW first, it might make a great build up - for example, getting close to and touching rays, but then actually getting to swim with them later at DC. What might be a great experience could be a let down if we've already been to DC.

On the other hand, we can avoid some lines and crowds if we do DC first, he won't feel the need to ask for money to feed dolphins, etc. Plus, having been to DC might make seeing the shows and habitats more meaningful.

Just wondering if anyone has some thoughts on this. I'm leaning toward SW first, but an open to suggestions.

I always say save the best for last, I could see the logic it going to DC second. I would do that if I were you for the same reasoning...

We did Sea World for a few hours the night prior to DC.
Then we did DC.

We then went back in the evenings a few nights... it was a nice combination.

You can do both :) . Have a day before SW, to get the kids into the right mood. There are a lot more things to see and do other than just the "dolphins and Rays". At 13 he's likely to REALLY enjoy Kraken, JTA and the Wild Artic ride. I really think SW takes at least a day and a half to cover. Make the most of your time and take a day before and one after, get the WHOLE experience LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter