Discovery Cove Booked - Any Advice??

mickeys_chick

Mouseketeer
Had to share it with you all we booked discovery cove last night for our december trip really excited!! Anyone any tips or advice for the day, things to look out for to make it a day to remember??

:cool1: :cheer2: :cool1:

DC is fantastic - you will have a great time!! One thing I would suggest is buying swimshoes as parts of the lagoon are rocky!!! You can get these very cheap at Walmart!!

We got there early, and got an early swim with the dolphins, which leaves the rest of the day to relax.

Food was great.

Just to warn, the photos and videos are expensive, we were lucky, we had to take turns as DD is too young, so we video'd our self.

In the end we bought the video as it had DD feeding the dolphin's, whilst we were standing next to her.

ok so thats swim shoes added to the list of shopping from walmart and watch out for the prices.... Theres only 2 of us going both adults so could we split the swims and do them seperatly so one of us can take pics or would we have to go together??

Anyone who's bought the video's/dvd's can you make a second copy when you get back to uk or are they copy protected?

We bought the video which was expensive but I am glad I did as it was great to watch when we got home. We copied it onto dvd when we got home with no problems.

I think it is good advice to get there early, as it seems to be first come first served regarding what time you get allocated.

They spilt into several groups of about 6 and usually have (I think) 3 groups in the water at a time.

I am sure you will love it, the only reservation I have is really the weather - we went early March when the temperature was several degrees cooler than average. Also we were delayed by a thunderstorm too, everything stops for that, by the time my boy eventually came out of the water he was freezing cold.
The people there were really friendly and did everything they could to make it a memorable day, it was spoilt by the weather though.

We spent Christmas Day 2003 in DC and loved every minute of it. The weather was chilly but sunny so I just kept the wetsuit on all day (i did take it off for lunch but put on another one afterwards).

They give you towels and there are hot showers to help you warm up. Also lots of hot chocolate does the trick too!

You could save money by videoing each other but then you would miss the wonderful experience of sharing the moment. I personally value the moments we spent with the dolphin TOGETHER.

Let someone else take the photos - they will get better shots as they are in the water with you - you would have to take the video from the beach and the angles would be wrong. The DVD is expensive but you can then print off as many photos as you want, use it as a screensaver etc.

Do it together and enjoy the experience.

Camac

My tip would be to get yourself a couple of disposable underwater cameras ($8 from Walmart, $20 at DC). The photos we took whilst snorkeling were superb and it is great fun for kids to take pictures of each other under the water.

Swimshoes are also a great idea as some of the concrete can be a bit rough on the feet.

Budget for the video and maybe some of the official photos. It is expensive, but worth it for memories you will want to watch over and over again. It is hard to get video from the beach and it also means that someone misses out on the swim.

You have copyright on the video when you buy it so can make as many copies as you like. It also includes some good general shots of the park and the dolphins.

I'd agree on the disposable underwater cameras! We didn't bother taking a 'proper' camera and it was great not having to worry about where to put it or getting it wet. Bought a couple of the photos but managed to resist the video - probably because I was the only swimmer and didn't want a video that was 5/6ths of strangers!

The lunch was yummy - you'll have a great time

We went to Discovery Cove in Oct. Luckily we are SW Gold Pass holders so we got in for £100 each I think the full price of £165 is too much but people pay it.

Personally I think the photograhers are very poor for the money. I think they would do better taking less pics and improving the shot. I took a lot better with my Digital SLR + 300mm from the edge of the water than they took.

Our friends had told us how good lunch was so I was expecting something fantasic, it was nice but I prefer the lunch in SW you get on the Adventure Express Tour.

I agree with water shoes and underwater camera (fish in lagoon are superb)

Wife and Son thought it was fantastic and want to go again next August, I thought it was OK but I'm not a big Dolphin fan. My perfect afternoon out was Sea bottom fishing of Castaway Cay catching Sharks and Barracuda.

3 Pics I took attached
dolly2.jpg
dolly1.jpg

shark.jpg

Those pictures are great thanks for all the advice everyone I know have underwater disposable cameras got them in asda the other night they were reduced from 15.99 to 4.98 and for that you got a Kodak normal disposable and a waterproof camera!

Just got to get the water shoes now!! probably wont be able to resist a couple of photos if there good - half a head ones though and i think ill give them a miss!

mickeys_chick said:
Had to share it with you all we booked discovery cove last night for our december trip really excited!! Anyone any tips or advice for the day, things to look out for to make it a day to remember??

:cool1: :cheer2: :cool1:

Buy the video of the swim with the Dolphins if they still film it,you'll have loads of memories while watching it back home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter