Discounts

DizOz

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know of any discounts we Aussies are eligible for at DL or WDW? Do our local car clubs such RACV/NRMA reciprocal rights with AAA allow access to their discounts?

From what I have read, I understand that you can use your RACV card as it has the AAA on the back of it. I haven't tried it though.

We can use the AAA rates for things but I don't know of many opportunities for this at DL or WDW other than tours.
I'm not sure if they have AAA rates for accommodation....but most other hotels do.

I can't remember which ones, but remember reading that one or two of the character meals have the AAA discount applicable, so you could get the NRMA/RACV etc discount

We have used our NRMA card for AAA discounts on character breakfasts at Plaza Inn in Disneyland and Lilo and Stitsh breakfast at Paradise Pier. We usually book accommodation in disneyland package directly through the Walt disney travel company. They often have extra days specials buy 3 days get fourth free etc on both Disney Hotels and Good Neighbour.

I have used NRMA card AAA discount for a motel booking in Orlando for next year.

:thumbsup2

I have booked a 2 bedroon apartment at Royale Caribe from the positive feedback I read on Trip advisor and Mousesavers. It even has a washing machine and dryer in the apartment so I can keep the washing up to date before we cruise. When you look at any of the hotels online (I always book direct) there is usually a dropdown menu for AAA rate, best rate etc. A number of the hotels I am considering for Port Canaveral area have AAA rates avavilable, some don't. I haven't booked that yet.

We''ll be there is April also

Last time we stayed at Comfort Maingate and Mystic Dunes Resort.
The Comfort Maingate is lovely. They have a continental breakfast with Mickey Waffle Maker and regular waffle maker as well as other things.
http://www.kisscomfortsuite.com/ You do get the AAA discount there.

Mystic Dunes Resort is one of the MANY timeshare resorts in the area. We stayed there on points but you can stay there on cash. There are many great deals with these resorts and you are in self contained apartments.
http://www.mystic-dunes-resort.com/

Silver Lake Resort is another one of the timeshare resorts in the area which we visited but we didn't stay there. It does also look lovely though.
http://www.silverlakeresort.com/

It really depends what you are looking for. I quite enjoyed the Comfort but you get more space and more facilities at the timeshare resorts. If you are only looking for 4 nights then perhaps the Comfort would be better as you do get the breakfast and daily housekeeping. We moved to the apartments because that was for 2 weeks after 3 nights at the comfort.

Thank you for the hotel information disneymun2201 and queenie82 - I will look into those options. We are going to Cape Canaveral on one of those extra days, and if HP world is open at Universal Studios that will be one day.

We''ll be there is April also
Our WDW trip is booked for April 19 check out 26. When will you be there?
I noticed United as some great flight tickets at the moment - I booked about two weeks ago, before they came out.

Were going 3rd April and boarding disney transatlantic cruise on the 10th April. Although we have been to Disneyland quite a few times this is our first trip to WDW. From reading on the boards the Easter period will be very busy. It works out well with school holidays. We are planning on a couple of days at Cape Canaveral 8th 9th and possibly an airboat ride as well. At one stage there was a shuttle launch scheduled. Unfortunately it has now been put forward into March.

Thank you for the hotel information disneymun2201 and queenie82 - I will look into those options. We are going to Cape Canaveral on one of those extra days, and if HP world is open at Universal Studios that will be one day.

Our WDW trip is booked for April 19 check out 26. When will you be there?
I noticed United as some great flight tickets at the moment - I booked about two weeks ago, before they came out.

Toy story have you enquired about cancelling those tickets and re-booking with United? The only hesitation I would have is United service from all reports is very basic and 15 hours is a long time with nothing to do.

We had hotel desk staff ask us a couple of times on this trip if we were in the AAA. WE told them we were with the NRMA which was affiliated with the AAA and they were happy to give us the AAA rate - we didn't even have our NRMA card with us as we'd forgotten to pack it!

These were not at DL, it was at Mt Rushmore and in Denver but it made me think that most places would probably be happy to honour any AAA discounts.

Andona

We are planning on a couple of days at Cape Canaveral
We are planing on spending one day out there (or two if Harry Potter world is not open)

Toy story have you enquired about cancelling those tickets and re-booking with United? The only hesitation I would have is United service from all reports is very basic and 15 hours is a long time with nothing to do.

I have booked a flight that is Qantas to Tokyo (Where we have opted for a one night stopover - at $20 a ticket extra, we thought 30 hours in Tokyo may be fun - especially in Cherry Blossom season).

From Tokyo we fly to New York with Continental - 10 days in New York, then NY-Orlando return with Continental return.

Our return trip to Sydney is Continental then Qantas with a 2 hour stop over in Hong Kong. Tickets for all flights were $1723. I like that we leave Tokyo at 4pm and arrive NY 4.15pm.

We are planing on spending one day out there (or two if Harry Potter world is not open)

Hi Toy story,

How long will you spend at Universal, I see your kids are older, we spent 3 days there and the kids loved it. Also well worthwhile staying at a universal resort for the front of line pass, we stayed at Hard Rock:thumbsup2

Hi Toy story,

How long will you spend at Universal, I see your kids are older, we spent 3 days there and the kids loved it. Also well worthwhile staying at a universal resort for the front of line pass, we stayed at Hard Rock:thumbsup2

Only for one day - and only if Harry Potter opens. I have thought about spending the one night at Universal - but I am sure everyone else who is thinking about going to HP world has the same thought.

My older daughter visited DL a few years ago as part of a choir tour - for the rest of us this is a first time trip. We have 6 days planned at WDW parks, and not wanting to add more 'theme park' type days.

ETA: have just spent the afternoon planning our dining reservations - ready to make them on Tuesday.

Hi Toy story,

Wow...we had a ticket that included 2 days (same price as 1) but only spent a day there and did everything at IOA and Studios (including stuff like spiderman multiple times).
By the end of the day we had run out of things to do.

ETA: have just spent the afternoon planning our dining reservations - ready to make them on Tuesday.
Hope the ADRs go well :)
We managed to get everything we wanted doing it online. It is worth getting used to and familiar with the website beforehand though. And know that your reservation number is recognised by the system so you can take advantage of the +10.
It is supposed to turnover to the next day at 6amEST but there have been reports of it starting as early as 3amEST. One time we got the next day at 5:50am (that is when I logged in and it was ready to go).

Wow...we had a ticket that included 2 days (same price as 1) but only spent a day there and did everything at IOA and Studios (including stuff like spiderman multiple times).

That was the case for me also, but we went in September so the crowds were non existant at Universal. all the headliners were max 10 min, usually 5 (walk on) wait all day long, except for Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit in US, which is new so that is understandable. That was only at about 40 mins or so but it kept breaking down.

We had a 7 day unlimited pass for $99. We spent the first at Universal then spent the next day at I of A(which my kids loved) then 50:50 the next day. We had front of line as we were staying onsite, so didn't wait long for anything, we went early Jan. We just kept doing the roller coasters non stop. The hours were only 9-5 each day and we did go back to the hotel for a quick swim one day. If you ask my kids now if the prefer WDW to Universal they will pick US because of the rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter