Discounts for teachers?

sphillips

Earning My Ears
I think I read somewhere that someone got a teachers discount at the swan? Does anyone know about any other teacher discounts? I am booked a PO FQ but would switch if there is a deal. Thanks

are at the Swan and Dolphin as they are not owned by Disney but by Starwood. These are nice discounts for those professions that could really use some support but there is always the rumor that they will be leaving at some point.

We used the Teacher discount last year and was sure to that the management of the Dolphin for the discount. We totally loved the Dolphin and wound stay there again in a second!

Hi there

Yes you can get a "Teacher" rate at the swan for $149 per night for a standard room. Check out the following at allearsnet.com.

http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/sd_discounts.htm

Scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see the teacher rates. From what I understand you have to prove you are a teacher at checkin with documentation.

HTH
Andy

Thanks fpr the replys, how do you book these? Is there a special code or something? Are they considered Gov rates? I called westin and they said that teachers didnt qualify for gov rates? Do I need to call the hotel directly? Thanks again.

the Swan or Dolphin directly or call the main Starwood reservation number. You do have to show proof at check-in (state issued teaching or nursing license) and they do look over it very carefully. Good luck!

I called the hotel directly and got the reservation taken care of! What a great rate! It is $40 below PO FQ

Which do you think is better? Swan or FQ

but LOVE the Dolphin! Either way, be sure to join Starwood Preferred Guest program (SPG) at spg.com to become a member (free). This can help with an upgrade (balcony, better view) but be sure to add your SPG member number to your reservations ASAP.

Good Luck!

I can't speak for the POFQ but we stayed at the Swan in June 2003 and had an awesome time. The location was really really great being around the Epcot/Boardwalk area. The hotel is really nice. It was fun taking the boat to Epcot and MGM. The Swan is the first stop with the buses too. Check out my avitar, can't you tell he's having an awesome time?? :)

You won't be disappointed.
Andy

I just switched my reservation over to the Dolphin. I have small children and I get the impression that there is more going on at the Dolphin. Does anyone want to chew on that one? Dolphin vs. Swan ?

Originally posted by AndyMcV
Hi there

Yes you can get a "Teacher" rate at the swan for $149 per night for a standard room. Check out the following at allearsnet.com.

http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/sd_discounts.htm

Scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see the teacher rates. From what I understand you have to prove you are a teacher at checkin with documentation.

P.S., you can be a teacher or teacher aide/assitant or other jobs related to working in a school. All this info is on the web site. :) "Place of employment ID or pay stub to be presented at check in."

I remember using this same code when it was $42 a night and then for $50 a night! We had a room with a balcony overlooking the YC/BC and EPCOT. Incredible!

Good luck!
Oh, aarp is the same rate with a free upgrade at check-in, if available :). Must be a starwoods guest.

To be honest the Dolphin has all the emenities (laundry, closer to the grotto pool, Tubbies, car rental, etc, Camp Dolphin - daycare, etc...). It's a much bigger hotel too. When we stayed at the Swan thinking back it may have been a bit better at the dolphin for getting to the things we needed. The only downside I'd give the Dolphin over the Swan was that it was much busier/louder. However you may not even notice. These 2 hotels are so simular that it's really no big deal one versus the other.

Have a great trip.
Andy

We used this discount last year...we transferred from the swan to the beach club villas...we enjoyed the swan and love that resort area--being able to walk to both epcot and mgm and the boardwalk... :boat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter