Discounts for Country Inn & Suites?

100AcreWood

DIS Veteran
I'm planning to book our night before the cruise at Country Inn and Suites. Does anyone know if they ever offer discounts? Our cruise is in October. Should I wait until we get closer?

Always looking to save money so I can spend it later on souvenirs! :laughing:

Also, are there any good restaurants for dinner close to the Country Inn and Suites?

Thanks!

For what city? :)

Edit: I'm not being glib, I promise -- I could tell you about the County Inn & Suites in Galveston, but have no idea which cruise or which departure port is being talked about. :)

I'm planning to book our night before the cruise at Country Inn and Suites. Does anyone know if they ever offer discounts? Our cruise is in October. Should I wait until we get closer?

Always looking to save money so I can spend it later on souvenirs! :laughing:

Also, are there any good restaurants for dinner close to the Country Inn and Suites?

Thanks!

Hi,

We are cruising on the Dream on 10/13 and have already booked at the Country Inns & Suites in Cape Canaveral. We took the park & cruise package and paid $157.00. We did this on the advice of friends who said the parking package is well worth the money. We leave our car there and get shuttled by the hotel to the port(5 min ride) and the shuttle also picks us up and bring s us back to our car when we get back. We are told that the main advantage is not having the hassle of parking and driving around the port. In any case, we are arriving the night before the cruise and staying at the hotel anyway so we might as well take advantage of the service. Hope this info helps. Also, we are going to Fishlips for dinner that night. Also recommended by cruise vets, where we are hoping to meet some fellow cruisers. Have you signed up on the cruise meet thread yet?

Are you on their e-mail list? Occasionally we get e-mails from them, offering extra points for booking within a certain time frame. We used one of those special offers last June for a family wedding and earned several thousand extra points. Then we used those points and stayed free at Cocoa Beach the night before our cruise last October.

You can join their free loyalty program Club Carlson and they send promotional emails with different periodic discounts. It's worth getting their emails to catch if anything is offered that covers your dates.

If you are a AAA member, check those rates for CI&S. They are available on the hotel's web site. I am using the AAA rate for my next stay.

Hi,

We are cruising on the Dream on 10/13 and have already booked at the Country Inns & Suites in Cape Canaveral. We took the park & cruise package and paid $157.00. We did this on the advice of friends who said the parking package is well worth the money. We leave our car there and get shuttled by the hotel to the port(5 min ride) and the shuttle also picks us up and bring s us back to our car when we get back. We are told that the main advantage is not having the hassle of parking and driving around the port. In any case, we are arriving the night before the cruise and staying at the hotel anyway so we might as well take advantage of the service. Hope this info helps. Also, we are going to Fishlips for dinner that night. Also recommended by cruise vets, where we are hoping to meet some fellow cruisers. Have you signed up on the cruise meet thread yet?

We're on the same cruise! The rate is currently $174 for the 5 of us with the parking package.

I'll sign up for their program and see if I get any discounts through email before I book.

Sorry I wasn't clear I was leaving out of Canaveral. Very uncool of me :worried:.

Try the code CARLSONF. That works sometimes for me and gets a rate of $70 or $80 per night. Doesn't always work however.

I see it gives a great rate, but it says employee name and work location required at check-in. Is this for employees of Carlson? I don't want to use a code and then get to the hotel and find out I can't use it.

I see it gives a great rate, but it says employee name and work location required at check-in. Is this for employees of Carlson? I don't want to use a code and then get to the hotel and find out I can't use it.

CARLSONF is back huh? I used that code in March 2011 at the CI&S in Cape Canaveral. At that time there was no discussion of the rate or the use of the code when I checked in to the hotel.

When I made reservations for my upcoming trip, CARLSONF wasn't active on their web site. Now I see it is back working.

The CarlsonF code advises that you need the name of the employee or family member upon checkin, anyone have that happen?

I tried this code and it isn't available for more than 4 people in a room (we have 5, 2 adults and 3 children). Also, I noticed it doesn't give me any options for the cruise package with parking and shuttling to and from the port.

Check other sites for the rates at this hotel. CI&S has a price match if you find a lower rate somewhere else. IIRC they match the rate and give you another 25% off the rate (info is on their website) . I did this and saved over $80 by finding a better rate on Expedia.

It's the Carlson Friends and Family rate. If a Carlson employee gives it to you, then you have it. I've been using this code off and on for three years and have never once been asked where I got it from, because frankly, I cannot remember. Anyway, they only have a few rooms per night that this is good for, so it doesn't always work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter