Discounts for Christmas week?

Boardwalk Tigger

DIS Veteran
I am planning a vacation to Disney coming in on December 27th and staying for a week. Are there ever any discounts for Disney rooms at this time period? I am a Disney veteran but have never stayed in Disney at this time. I think there are probably no discounts then and I would be best to take a room at the Dolphin with their teacher rate. Would appreciate it if anyone knows of room discounts then such as AP. Thanks so much.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Although I have not had any experience this week either... I have heard many, many times that there is pretty much no chance of a discount that week. Sorry!!!

We went this past Christmas/New Year's and there were no discounts to be had at any Disney Hotels. I checked endlessly. We booked the Swan through DU and got a great rate of $189 (for Christmas week, that's pretty good).

If you are looking for a deluxe hotel that week, the Swan or Dolphin may be your best bet.

Hope this helps.

That week is peak season for WDW. I cannot recall ever seeing any discounts for Disney resorts during that time period. Even for Christmas 2001, you had to arrive on or before 12/25 to get a discounted rate.

Best to plan on rack rates if you want to stay at an on site resort during that time.

Best wishes - Carol

Thanks for the information. I didn't think there were discounts at that time period but thought I'd better check with the experts here:).

Now I just have to pick between the Swan and Dolphin and snag a discount.

I already made reservation for around the same time you will be there Dec 26 to Jan 3. I have read and read and read on almost every board that I could find and everyone said the same thing. There usually are no discounts out for this time.

I checked with Swan and was able to get an AP rate for a Club Level-Conceirge room, with a King size bed, with a view facing Epcot for $209.06 per night. I also know that they have Jr. Suites available for the same time from for around $275 a night.

By staying at Swan or Dolphin, you would also be in walking distance of MGM and Epcot which I thought was major plus.

What made you choose the Swan over the Dolphin for Christmas week? Is the Swan nicely decorated for Christmas? I presume the Dolphin will be. I heard they havea large tree in the lobby. Thanks again:p

Since I haven't been to WDW in almost 23 yrs and am going by myself, I wanted to stay in a luxury type hotel. All of the "disney" resorts that offered concierge service were way to expensive. Once I started looking at both the Swan and Dolphin, I went with the Swan, since all of the rooms have gone through renovations and have the new heavenly beds in them. Also the fact that I could stay in a very nice room with concierge service for 209.06 sealed the deal. This is about the same price as what I would have spent at a moderate disney resort (CBR, COR, etc), but get a luxury resort stay instead. It was also a plus to have MGM and Epcot within walking distance. If you need anymore information feel free to let me know.

Actually, there have always been discounts at Disney hotels for Christmas, if you are willing to adjust your dates slightly. Last Christmas I stayed in BC beginning December 24-Jan.2 for $159 per night. I wanted to go on the 26th, so I just had to go two days earlier than usual. Two years ago I got a one bedroom villa for cash at BWV for $229 per night. Again, I arrived on the 24th of December. Both years the rates showed up on Disney's web site, and then I called to confirm that those rates were really available.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter