Discontinued Adventures - NYC Boston DC And Rhone

scottmel

<font color=darkorchid>Does my logic in my origina
Can someone post with details of what ABD offered as the Displacement offered if affected? I am surprised they are discontinuing 3 USA trips? We need more USA trips...

I wonder if it is due to lack of sign-ups? As of 2-3 weeks ago, one of the Central Europe departures had only 2 people and another had only 3 people.

I wonder if it is due to lack of sign-ups? As of 2-3 weeks ago, one of the Central Europe departures had only 2 people and another had only 3 people.

I don’t know but cancelled forever was surprising . I kniw nyc was popular. I loved it

Can someone post with details of what ABD offered as the Displacement offered if affected? I am surprised they are discontinuing 3 USA trips? We need more USA trips...

Guests can receive a full refund or change to a different adventure.

The Rhone river cruise is not discontinued. There are 2 dates scheduled for 2021. Where did you see it was discontinued?

Sayhello

Not surprised about NYC...no one wants to go there right now and I'm not sure how popular that trip was in the first place?
We're locals and I've checked out the hotel (Intercontinental Times Square)...very mediocre considering the price you pay for this trip.

Interesting it's off the main page of cruises as well. Like they didn't even put a disclaimer in the updates that they removed itineraries.
Website must have updated this evening, as earlier today all of them still showed up with “waitlisted “ for both all departures and where the phone number is to call. I notice those destinations are also now gone from the map.

Yes, they are cancelled. I had my July 2020 Rhone trip moved to October 2021. I received an email from my TA today to let me know it was canceled. Theses are my choices:

1) Rebook another adventure and receive discount of $400 for domestic trips and $500 for international /river cruises (excluding the short escapes). The discount is on prevailing rates
2) Receive a full refund
3) Put your funds on placeholder status (not sure of the benefit of this)

They are asking for a decision by mid-December.

Yes, they are cancelled. I had my July 2020 Rhone trip moved to October 2021. I received an email from my TA today to let me know it was canceled. Theses are my choices:

1) Rebook another adventure and receive discount of $400 for domestic trips and $500 for international /river cruises (excluding the short escapes). The discount is on prevailing rates
2) Receive a full refund
3) Put your funds on placeholder status (not sure of the benefit of this)

They are asking for a decision by mid-December.
The placeholder is a disaster as I’m sure you know. No eligibility for discounts etc. well I guess option 1 is like an early booking discount on existing trips. But with their price hikes with every booking I’d take a refund and book again on opening day for following year

The placeholder is a disaster as I’m sure you know. No eligibility for discounts etc. well I guess option 1 is like an early booking discount on existing trips. But with their price hikes with every booking I’d take a refund and book again on opening day for following year
That’s what I’m leaning towards.

Take the refund! That way they can't hold your money hostage. Plus as a placeholder the terms will probably be subject on the new booking where it might not be lenient in getting your deposit back

What are the chances of these being offered again? Does ABD have a history of dropping and bringing back itineraries?

What are the chances of these being offered again? Does ABD have a history of dropping and bringing back itineraries?
Yes, ABD has done this in the past. Discontinued a trip, re-worked it, then offered it again. The Central Europe trip is one of those. But other trips just never got the interest they were hoping for, and haven't come back (at least, yet!)

Sayhello

I really hope they bring back NYC and DC. They’re both educational, somewhat stressful logistics-wise, have a risk of being boring for kids, etc. I think ABD has the potential to make them fun learning experiences for everyone and let the parents relax and feel like they’re actually on vacation vs. a business trip with the kids tagging along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter