Disappointed with itinery for med. cruise

Skallywag

DIS Veteran
Have just viewed the schedule for both of these cruises 10 and 11 night and quite frankly am most disappointed. Would have expected Venice to have been included instead of so much time spent in France.

:confused3

i was really disappointed with the repo itenerary...i was looking forward to a stop in bermuda!!!! i also thought we would stop in portugal or morocco but i guess i was wrong.... :guilty:

I agree, thought the repro cruise sounded nice but also thought Bermuda would have been in there.

Apart from Sicily and Sardinia not really interested and for the ports they are going to feel it is way too expensive even for Disney standards.

Too much time in France? Two days is too much? :confused3 I am thrilled with the itinerary. Can't wait for May 26, 2007! :cool1:

as much as i would love to see italy, i thought there were too many italian ports. would have much rather seen venice.

makelab said:
as much as i would love to see italy, i thought there were too many italian ports. would have much rather seen venice.
Venice is in Italy too.

Going to Venice would have meant sailing all the way around Italy, up the Adriatic Sea. That takes a long time. For a cruise that starts and ends in Barcelona, it would have meant a much longer cruise than 10 or 11 nights. The other way that DCL could have included Barcelona and Venice would have been with one-way cruises between Barcelona and Venice, and one-way cruises back.

The Summer 2007 Disney Magic itineraries look good to me, but it's unlikely we'll go.

Skallywag said:
....and for the ports they are going to feel it is way too expensive even for Disney standards.
The Euro/USD exchange rate probably plays into this ... DCL will have to pay port fees, fueling costs, etc. in Euro, so it will cost them more to do this, and of course those costs get passed onto the guests.

I am pretty happy with the itinerary - will try to do one of the 11 night cruises.

I am actually from a small town (carini) not from from Palermo - 30 minutes or so. I can have my relatives meet me here for the day.

Kim&Chris said:
Do you think they included extra time in France to give guests an opportunity to visit Disneyland Paris?

Paris is some 500 miles from the med so think that would be quite out of the question.

Regarding Venice, many cruise ships start there and also take in Dubrovnic and other ports and islands. REally do not know why Disney chose Barcelona as although it is easy for us to get there from England think you would have to fly to Madrid but Venice have direct flights now with Delta I think. They have just started them this year.

Italy is a lovely country with very friendly people so do not ever mind visiting there but would have liked time to go on the Amalfi drive as that is spectacular.

We were hoping for more of an eastern med type cruise also (Venice, Greece, etc.) The ports DCL has are wonderful, but we spent +2 weeks in Italy in 2004. We had a wonderful time and loved everywhere we visited, but would rather take our vacation somewhere new in 2007.

I can't say I am disappointed because we were not planning to take the cruise anyway. But I do have to say that I am surprised by the choice of ports on the Repos. Many Repos include at least a few ports from the offered Med cruises. This one stops and/or begins in Barcelona- overnight, no France or Italy.

Also, I am surprised that the only difference between the 10 day and 11 day is a day at sea. Usually, you get an extra port during the longer cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter