Disappointed in Fellow DVC Disser

WDWorld2003

DIS Veteran
Just had to vent a bit....

In August a member of this board stated in a post they had extra DVC pins for sale. I PM'd her and stated I would love to buy a few. I agreed to buy a DVC Tink & Cinderella and paid $21.50 through Paypal for the pins which included shipping of $4.50 (even though she only paid .97) After several e-mails and PM's I finally received them.... except it was Tink & Olympic Mickey almost 2 months later. I contacted her again and stated it was not what was ordered. She stated she was busy and must have been confused with all of the orders. She offered to either reimburse me or send the Cindy pin. Since I really wanted the Cindy pin I requested it.... Well, it's a month later - no Cindy pin and my e-mails and PM's are unopened.

In essence, I paid $21.50 for the Tink pin. I wish I had bid on Ebay instead! This is not a big deal but I'm just glad I lost a small amount of $$$...... I trusted the poster as they had posts well over 2,000... just really disappointed in a fellow Disser...:( I still hope it is just an oversight on her part and I'll either be reimbursed or the pin will arrive but I'm not holding my breath. Just wanted others to be aware before they send off money to strangers.

Sorry you're having problems getting the pins you ordered. Even though this person posts on the DVC Board, there is no guarantee that she actually owns DVC (and there is no guarantee that owning at DVC makes a person honest, although I'd say the vast majority of us are)!! Selling DVC pins on a DVC Discussion board sounds like this person knows she has a captive audience. Hope you get everything worked out to your satisfaction.

Sorry that happened to you. Let's hope there are extra circumstances on the other posters side your not aware of, and things get fixed soon.

I am really sorry to hear this happened to you. Have you tried to file a grievance with paypal? You may be able to recapture what you paid from them through their buyer protection program.

Thanks for your support.... The money isn't the issue at all as it isn't much - I'm just disappointed. I've had so many successful transactions through Ebay and other online purchases and have never had a problem. I've even rented out points. This just took me by surprise - just glad it wasn't a larger amount of money. I still believe most are honest :D

I apologize for this "for sale" post filtering in to our DIScussion Boards through the cracks. Your experience will only serve to confirm why the following policy exists in our DIS Posting Guidelines. Good luck in your attempt to recoup. Here is the Guideline again.

--------------------

1. FOR SALE posts: For sale ads are strictly prohibited on any of the DISboards. Anyone posting such ads will have their posts deleted. For sale posts include posts asking for donations. If you are part of a charity that is looking to raise money, you must email the webmaster at webmaster@wdwinfo.com with information and proof of the organizations validity (this includes an address for the organization as well as the phone number). Otherwise, the post in question will be deleted

No apology necessary.... It wasn't actually a "For Sale" post.... just that she had picked up a few extras if anyone was interested..... it was my own fault - I pursued it. Glad to see that there is a policy to discourage this though... I love this board and this one incident hasn't changed my view of The DIS. Just wanted others to be aware....

It makes me sad.

:wave:

Beca

I vented a little too soon - I take it all back.... received my pin today after 3 months! I know most people are good and it makes me feel so much better. As I said, it never was the money - just the principal of it. :D

That DISrs actions are not the spirit of this board...I'm sorry you had such a negative experience. :(

But glad you finally got what you paid for! :sunny:

did you find the right person???

you had emailed me - but I don't sale anything on these boards - okay I rents some DVC points on the DVC rental/trade board but that is it.

Carol - I noticed that some people have requested post cards - that is okay right???? because I send them some. I didn't know it was against the rules.:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter