disabilities map?

KPeveler

DIS Veteran
I read there was a guest with disabilities map? Does anyone have a copy of this they can scan and post. I realize i can read all the things on lists, but i really need to see something visually to remember it. i can simply download a map and then right things on, but that would be silly if someone had a copy!

I think there's a link to it in the FAQ on this board. If not, they've got them on the official site, squirreled away somewhere.

I think there's a link to it in the FAQ on this board. If not, they've got them on the official site, squirreled away somewhere.
There is a link in the disABILITIES FAQs thread to the Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities Book for each park (look at post #3 and you should find it). There is no specific disabilities maps anywhere (even in the Guidebooks).
The things like handicapped viewing areas for parades are marked on the regular park maps. They also have an icon for each attraction on the regular park maps that lets you know about wheelchair access - if there is a picture of a wheelchair, it is wheelchair and ECV accessible without getting out.
If there is a stick person getting up from the ECV toward a wheelchair, it is wheelchair accessible, but not ECV accessible. If the stick person is getting out of the wheelchair, you can stay in the wheelchair until boarding, then need to transfer to a ride car. If the stick person is standing up and using a cane, you need to be ambulatory.

The regular park map also has a red triangle icon to indicate there is some warning for the ride (like it's very turbulent and people with neck or back problems should not ride).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter