DIS website

browneyes

DIS Veteran
Hey! I'm trying to set up my own DIS website, but I had a computer problem (kicked me off the net for a minute). I checked to see if my site had been created and it had. I signed in my name and tried to sign in my password, but it didn't like my password. I'm pretty sure what I named the password, but can't access it. How do I find out what it thinks my password is?

Oh, I thought I put in a password! Thanks for clearing that up for me! When it hiccupped, must've been when I had to relog onto the net. I sent an email to godzilla and was hoping I could find the problem before I got the email. I guess I need to take a deep breath and be patient.

If you need one quick, make another one but follow LisaTx's post. You have to press the STOP button when it gets to a certain point. When the second one is made, just email godzilla and ask him to either delete or provide the password for the first one and delete the second one after you transfer any files from it.

Godzilla is kind enough to provide the space so we shouldn't leave unneeded files/sites around if not needed.

I tried a second time (followed LisaTx's post both times). Both times my computer crashed. Saw a white screen for about 30 minutes both times before it crashed. (is it supposed to take forever?)

Still waiting to hear from godzilla. When I hear from him, I'll have him delete one of my sites.

Thanks for the advice, StormAlongBay.

One of the things that may not be clear in the instructions. You mentioned that you had the white screen for about 30 seconds and then crashed. Before that happens, while you got the white screen, is when you should hit the stop button. Give it about 10-15 seconds and if nothing is happening, hit the stop button.

Alternately, PM or email me with the username you would like to use for a site (one you haven't used yet) and I'll set it up and return the password to you. Once you go in the first time you can change the password.

Thanks Bob, I'll try again tomorrow and push the stop button on the white screen (it was about 30 minutes, not seconds. The time bar was still only about 3/4 of the way, so I thought I had to wait.) If I have still have problems, I'll take you up on pm'ing you. Thanks.

Sorry, misread that. According to the speed of your connection, I wouldn't wait more than about two or three times what it takes to load a normal web page. I'm on a cable modem and I usually load a page in about 2-3 seconds. So if it doesn't load in about 10 or so seconds for me, it is hung. If the progress bar is just creeping along, it is time to hit the stop button.

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>I usually wait 30 seconds to do so. And even though I'm on AOL, I don't use the AOL browser - it didn't work for me. I open up the IE browser & then create a DIS website. :sunny:

Thanks everyone for your help. I finally got one started. I counted to 100 then pressed stop (to make sure it was finished). That little tidbit (pressing stop) needs to be put in with the instructions!

You've all been very helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter