DIS Shareholders and Stock Info ONLY

It is only a 1-time thing, right? And only 75 people can book it? This is probably already sold out.
Its how I took it as well - it may be repeated based on demand I would imagine. I had to stop looking at it because, I started thinking about it too much for comfort :)

And then there's this...

https://wmleader.com/business/48467...re-to-all-its-theme-parks-at-110k-per-person/

Disney touts ‘bucket list’ adventure to all its theme parks — at $110K per person
June 15, 2022 by Raymond Hicks

The Walt Disney Company is offering 75 patrons an opportunity to travel via private jet to all 12 of its theme parks worldwide for a “bucket list adventure.”

The price tag: $110,000 per person. There is no discount for children.

Disney, which is marketing the 24-day trip as “Disney Parks Around the World: A Private Jet Adventure,” says that the package includes hotel and most meals.

The trip is scheduled to leave from Anaheim, Calif., on July 9, 2023, with bookings starting next week. However, the $110,000 per person cost does not include airfare to Southern California.

Travelers will be flown to Disney theme parks in Florida, California, Japan, China, Hong Kong and France on a “VIP-configured” Boeing 757 operated by Icelandair — which is capable of flying nonstop over long distances. The aircraft’s crew will include a chef, a physician and three staff members.

The trip includes stops at the Taj Mahal in India, the pyramids of Giza in Egypt, and the Eiffel Tower in Paris.

Deep-pocketed fanatics will also be treated to an event at the Lucasfilm Campus in San Francisco as well as Walt Disney Studios in Hollywood, Calif.

If I was a billionaire, maybe I would consider this! Or a 999 millionaire.... LOL

So when does Disney become a no brainier buy? It is now right around it's pandemic low, when the world and most of their divisions were shut down. If it's long term money (5-10 years) I would think we would see an average to above average return.
The five year low was 85.98 on 3/20/20, so we're getting close to that benchmark. (94.38 now). I can see a little rebound over the next week, as the AAII investor sentiment is extremely bearish, and is a fairly reliable contrary indicator. Also, the VIX is at about 32, which is historically elevated. But I'm wanting to see how the Disney + bet is going to work. No doubt the company has to do streaming - that's the future - but it's an awful lot of work for slim revenues, it looks like to me. I'm still convinced ABC was the wrong strategic move. Back then networks and cable were free money, but that is not so any more.

The five year low was 85.98 on 3/20/20, so we're getting close to that benchmark. (94.38 now). I can see a little rebound over the next week, as the AAII investor sentiment is extremely bearish, and is a fairly reliable contrary indicator. Also, the VIX is at about 32, which is historically elevated. But I'm wanting to see how the Disney + bet is going to work. No doubt the company has to do streaming - that's the future - but it's an awful lot of work for slim revenues, it looks like to me. I'm still convinced ABC was the wrong strategic move. Back then networks and cable were free money, but that is not so any more.
Stock actually fell to $79 in March 2020. I was lucky enough to realize that at the time.

Interesting read, imo. This guy says Chapek may know what he's doing.

https://www.vulture.com/2022/06/disney-bob-chapek-dana-walden.html

Maybe Bob Chapek Was Right
By Josef Adalian

After spending the last three years duking it out for streaming subscribers, Disney lately has found itself involuntarily locked in a competition with Netflix to see which company can generate the most negative press. Every week seems to bring some new reason for industry writers and Wall Street analysts to take a shot at a company that, just three months ago, was being hailed for having kicked off the year with better-than-expected earnings and surging subscriber growth at Disney+.

The conclusion to the first part of the article was interesting:

"But even if Chapek has done a bad job in some areas, I think describing his actions last week as yet another “disaster” or “blunder” is just flat-out wrong. Elevating the exec with the most experience and operational understanding of the creative side of TV to the top post at Disney General Entertainment should be seen as a win for creatives and other execs at the company. Dana Walden is someone who knows how mass-market shows get developed, produced, and marketed better than anybody else at Disney, and probably as well or better than anyone else in TV land. And now she is calling all the shots"

Interesting read, imo. This guy says Chapek may know what he's doing.

Maybe Bob Chapek Was Right
By Josef Adalian

After spending the last three years duking it out for streaming subscribers, Disney lately has found itself involuntarily locked in a competition with Netflix to see which company can generate the most negative press. Every week seems to bring some new reason for industry writers and Wall Street analysts to take a shot at a company that, just three months ago, was being hailed for having kicked off the year with better-than-expected earnings and surging subscriber growth at Disney+.
He is a pure numbers guy. He knows how to use data and the Disney brand(s) to make money. I have no real feelings on the guy, good or bad. He was put in charge literally days before the WHO declared a global pandemic. So, as a CEO, we need to see a body of work before you can really judge him (IMO).

As a theme park fan you would love for a theme park enthusiast to be in charge and fund projects with limitless budgets so imagineers can run wild but that is really not gonna happen in this Disney+ era. In saying that, Parks, cruises and consumer products will have to be planning some decent projects for WDW given Universal's Epic Universe is coming and will be very popular (Nintendo and more Harry Potter) and increase Universal's appeal for a longer stay. More park expansions (like Galaxy's Edge, Toy Story Land and Pandora) and new rides are needed to handle more capacity at all 4 WDW parks. I just do not see a 5th gate opening any time soon, if ever.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/lightyear-box-office-opening-jurassic-world-dominion-1235297517/

Jun 18, 2022 8:26am PT
Box Office: ‘Lightyear’ Opening Weekend Struggling to Outpace ‘Jurassic World Dominion’
By J. Kim Murphy

Infinity isn’t a practical milestone at the box office, so Disney’s “Lightyear” will have to settle for a $20.7 million opening day and beyond.

Pixar’s spinoff of its “Toy Story” series blasted off on Thursday night with a respectable $5.2 million from preview screenings. However, the film is now tracking for an opening in the range of $50 million to $55 million from 4,255 theaters in North America, below the initial expectations that pegged the film for a debut between $70 million and $80 million. What’s more, “Lightyear” is struggling to unseat Universal’s “Jurassic World Dominion” from the top slot of domestic charts during the dino-sequel’s sophomore weekend.

https://celebrity.land/en/disneys-d...ment-unit-looks-to-push-past-corporate-chaos/

Disney’s Dana Walden Takes the Reins of Entertainment Unit, Looks to Push Past Corporate Chaos
Executive is tasked with keeping the company a creative powerhouse while avoiding the leadership clashes that felled her former boss, Peter Rice

By Joe Flint

Writer and producer Danny Strong was unaccustomed to high-ranking television executives calling him at odd hours for in-depth discussions about a project. That changed when he began making shows for Dana Walden, who last week was thrust into the role of chairman of Walt Disney Co’s General Entertainment Content unit, a job that comes with oversight of more than 300 shows and an annual budget of around $10 billion.

Already one of the highest-ranking executives at Disney, Ms. Walden is quickly taking on more responsibility in the wake of Peter Rice’s abrupt dismissal as head of the unit after clashes with Disney Chief Executive Bob Chapek and other members of senior management.

It is an awkward transition. Ms. Walden worked for Mr. Rice for many years, first at Fox and then at Disney, which acquired the bulk of Fox’s entertainment assets in 2019.

Now she will lead the entire unit and look to steer clear of the corporate drama that felled Mr. Rice while reassuring talent that Disney is a stable place to take their projects. She is known for having a deft touch with writers and producers.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/lightyear-box-office-opening-jurassic-world-dominion-1235297517/

Jun 18, 2022 8:26am PT
Box Office: ‘Lightyear’ Opening Weekend Struggling to Outpace ‘Jurassic World Dominion’
By J. Kim Murphy

Infinity isn’t a practical milestone at the box office, so Disney’s “Lightyear” will have to settle for a $20.7 million opening day and beyond.

Pixar’s spinoff of its “Toy Story” series blasted off on Thursday night with a respectable $5.2 million from preview screenings. However, the film is now tracking for an opening in the range of $50 million to $55 million from 4,255 theaters in North America, below the initial expectations that pegged the film for a debut between $70 million and $80 million. What’s more, “Lightyear” is struggling to unseat Universal’s “Jurassic World Dominion” from the top slot of domestic charts during the dino-sequel’s sophomore weekend.
This movie should have legs over the summer as parents look for things to do with the kids.

Watched it today. I enjoyed it. My kids (6 and 9) thought ‘It was insane’. Really no ties to Toy Story so if never seen Toy Story not a big deal. The end credit scene teases that there will be a follow up of some sort.

Debated whether to post this, but as Financial Times is the UK version of The Wall Street Journal, it is pertinent to this thread, imo. Of note today is that while the major averages are up 2 to 3 %, DIS is at this time down 0.4% at 93.96.

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/d484ebbf-99f9-3c3b-a9d2-a860e02de2f8/how-disney-lost-florida.html
How Disney lost Florida
The company’s botched response to the state’s controversial ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill enraged allies across the political spectrum
Christopher Grimes in Los Angeles June 18 2022

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/abigail-disney-poised-mount-shareholder-171738552.html

Abigail Disney Poised to Mount Shareholder Battle Over Disney CEO Bob Chapek’s $32.5 Million Salary (Exclusive)
by Joe Bel Bruno | June 21, 2022 @ 10:17 AM

Heiress’ move comes two decades after her father, Roy E. Disney, led a proxy fight that ousted then-Disney CEO Michael Eisner

Abigail Disney, whose grandfather co-founded The Walt Disney Company nearly a century ago, is poised to mount a legal battle to challenge and perhaps even claw back some of CEO Bob Chapek’s annual pay, according to three individuals familiar with the matter.

The heiress has spent the last three months quietly courting institutional investors to support a shareholder-backed salvo against Chapek at next year’s annual meeting, multiple insiders told TheWrap. The entertainment giant has been under fire for doubling Chapek’s annual compensation to $32.5 million in 2021 amid a slew of corporate fumbles that include a public legal battle with “Black Widow” star Scarlett Johansson, a botched response to Florida’s “Don’t Say Gay” law and this month’s abrupt firing of TV content boss Peter Rice.

Netflix is taking a hit today. Could explain the weakness in DIS.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10938579/Netflix-braces-layoffs-end-week.html

Netflix braces for MORE layoffs by the end of the week - just a month after hundreds of staff and contractors were cut - as the company loses 70% of its value and reveals it shed nearly 200,000 subscribers and expects to lose more

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/netflix-stock-layoffs-1235298805/

Jun 20, 2022 9:19am PT
Netflix Braces for More Layoffs This Week

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/abigail-disney-poised-mount-shareholder-171738552.html

Abigail Disney Poised to Mount Shareholder Battle Over Disney CEO Bob Chapek’s $32.5 Million Salary (Exclusive)
by Joe Bel Bruno | June 21, 2022 @ 10:17 AM

Heiress’ move comes two decades after her father, Roy E. Disney, led a proxy fight that ousted then-Disney CEO Michael Eisner

Abigail Disney, whose grandfather co-founded The Walt Disney Company nearly a century ago, is poised to mount a legal battle to challenge and perhaps even claw back some of CEO Bob Chapek’s annual pay, according to three individuals familiar with the matter.

The heiress has spent the last three months quietly courting institutional investors to support a shareholder-backed salvo against Chapek at next year’s annual meeting, multiple insiders told TheWrap. The entertainment giant has been under fire for doubling Chapek’s annual compensation to $32.5 million in 2021 amid a slew of corporate fumbles that include a public legal battle with “Black Widow” star Scarlett Johansson, a botched response to Florida’s “Don’t Say Gay” law and this month’s abrupt firing of TV content boss Peter Rice.
Normally I laugh at anything she says in the press. But I would be behind this push.

Normally I laugh at anything she says in the press. But I would be behind this push.

Yeah, she is sometimes pretty forceful about some very impractical matters, but in this case I agree with her. I am not the type to be against high CEO compensation, as long as the CEO is actually earning it. Chapek has not been doing that and has not been stewarding the company that well. Cutting his compensation would be warranted.

Don't be surprised if DIS follows suit and begins selling advertising. My late brother used to tell me that when cable first appeared on the scene in the 50s one of its selling points was "no advertising." Didn't take them very long to break that promise.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2022...hoo-host&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article

If Netflix Introduces an Ad-Supported Tier, Revenue Could Soar 20%
By Danny Vena - Jun 23, 2022 at 8:05AM

Key Points

Netflix stock has taken a beating since late last year.
The streaming pioneer will offer an ad-supported tier as early as late this year.
This move could send its revenue and subscriber numbers soaring.

Don't be surprised if DIS follows suit and begins selling advertising. My late brother used to tell me that when cable first appeared on the scene in the 50s one of its selling points was "no advertising." Didn't take them very long to break that promise.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2022...hoo-host&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article

If Netflix Introduces an Ad-Supported Tier, Revenue Could Soar 20%
By Danny Vena - Jun 23, 2022 at 8:05AM

Key Points

Netflix stock has taken a beating since late last year.
The streaming pioneer will offer an ad-supported tier as early as late this year.
This move could send its revenue and subscriber numbers soaring.
I thought disney had already said they will roll out an ad-supported tier?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter