DIS pet peeve - honest question - no slams intended...

Dodie

<font color=green>Survived the big crash<br><font
DIS pet peeve - honest question - no slams intended...DIS pet peeve - honest question - no slams intended...

WHY do so many people post things on the "wrong" board?!!!

Why are there questions about Orlando resorts on the Disney Resorts board?

Why are there specific trip planning questions on the Community Board?

Why do so many people post recipe requests on the Community Board, instead of on the Cooking/Crafting/Scrapping Board?

Why are there transportation questions everywhere BUT on the Transportation Board? (No one even seems to know that there IS a Transportation Board!)

Why do people always seem to post trip planning questions on the Trip Reports Board?

There's an entire Universal section now! Why do people always post Universal questions in the wrong place?

If I were a Moderator, I would feel like I was spending ALL of my time moving posts to the appropriate board!:rolleyes:

Is it just me? Does this drive anyone else crazy too?

I like to stick to the Community board because EVERYTHING is appropriate here!

It doesn't bother me.:)

If my pizza question was a problem, I wasn't exactly asking for a recipe.;) Just asking if anyone could cook a decent one since I can't.:) Plus I was hungry when I posted the thread.:teeth: Although, I do like the offers for recipes.:)

Originally posted by browneyes
If my pizza question was a problem, I wasn't exactly asking for a recipe.;) Just asking if anyone could cook a decent one since I can't.:)

No, no, no!!! No one specifically called out here! No slams intended! I love your fluff posts, browneyes!

I also know that everything's really fair game here on the Community Board. I understand that.

It just seems to be a TREND! There just seem to be SO MANY misdirected questions. Let me clarify: I'M NOT TALKING SPECIFICALLY ABOUT THE COMMUNITY BOARD! I UNDERSTAND THE COMFORT LEVEL HERE! People post quetsions in the wrong place all over the DIS!

If you're a misdirected poster, please take NO OFFENSE! It just bothers me and I wanted to vent, I guess! :cool:

Sometimes I ask things here because there are so many people on this board that I know it will probably get answered. Sometimes also the other boards are just moving way to slow and I need help on a subject quickly. So I turn to the CB.

I honestly ask any and all questions here on the Community Board. Why? Because I feel like I know just about everyone here and I like to take advice from the people I feel close to.

Originally posted by Dodie
No, no, no!!! No one specifically called out here! No slams intended! I love your fluff posts, browneyes!
LOL! I wasn't offended.:) I was just going to apologize if I was in the wrong.:o:)

I think people like to post on the board they are most comfortable with. If they post or even lurk here mainly then they are more comfortable posting here then say on the transportation board. Also this board gets a lot of traffic and some others dont get quite as much so you may not get as many, if any, responses.

I posted a transportation question over here the other day because sometimes I just don't get any answers on the other boards. It got moved, and it did get answered this time.:cool:

Surprisingly, Dodie, I don't find it to be too much of a problem.

Lots of people who come here are new and really don't know which board to post a question on. It's like Atlanta, we get 7000 visitors here a week, so I have to sympathize with the poor folks who don't know where to go and how to get there! :p

I co-mod 5 boards, three of which are trip planning boards. The Universal Resorts board is new and yes, I get hotel questions on the Universal Attractions board, and yes, I get questions about the Universal resorts on the Orlando Resort board... did I LOSE you yet???... :confused:

Truly, this is the least annoying of the rule breakers, if you have a year I'd tell ya what really takes up most of my time!!! :o

If you think it is annoying here, you should visit a disneyland board that I do where there is ONE particualar poster who just can't seem to figure it out. They will post "parks" questions on the "coommunity" board and the post "community" questions on the "parks" boards. It is a small board so ALL parks quesitons go on one board and anything non-disney goes on the "community" board.

GIving the benefit of the doubt here, but maybe some of the newer folks aren't really conversant with what goes where?? I know I've seen some odd posts on the resort, transportation and dining boards. But, they are usually from someone who seems to be new. Just a thought.
Robinrs, I can't even begin to imagine what you spend your time doing!! But, thanks for doing it!!

I feel the same as Beauty. I feel alot more comfortable taking advice/asking questions from people I feel I know better.

I also feel a little more comfortable asking the people I know here. And this is a very fast paced board, and my questions are answered very quickly.

But I did pose a question on the Orlando Hotel board and recieved a couple of very nice answers.

I have a question about buying park tickets at the best price, both Disney and Universal. Does it go on the Budget Board, the Parks Board, Orlando Hotel & Attractions Board, or one of the aforementioned plus the Universal Board? (That is why I would just post on the CB).

It may be more bothersome on the other boards. (I rarely go to the other boards, unless I'm planning a trip, which is rare!) But the Community Board is where you can asks questions and get lots of answers right away. If I have a cooking question, I get LOTS more opinions here.

Hmmm. So being annoyed by this is really a "just me" thing?:confused:

For the record, I was referring more to the other boards than to the Community Board:

Universal posts on the wrong board; planning questions on the Trip Reports Board, questions about Orlando/Kissimmee hotels on the Disney Resorts Board, etc.

It just seems that people don't take the time to look at all of their choices before posting. Maybe it IS because the posters are "new," but honestly, I don't think that is always the case.

Robinrs (and the other Moderators): You guys are saints! I can't even imagine the things you deal with on a daily basis! I've been here for YEARS (long before the 1999 date in my signature/pre-board crash days) and the boards have really grown!

This irks me a little, too. Sometimes I wish I had Mod powers so I could just move threads when I see them. But I am organized-obsessive so things out of place really bother me. Especially when it's something that is totally in the wrong place.

Sometimes I think people just don't read the descriptions of the boards they decide to post on.

I know for the most part, it's very rare for a posting to get no responses on the boards that I read multiple times a day (Theme Parks, Disney Resorts, Disney Restaurants, Budget Board, Transportation, DVC Discussion).

I think some people are impatient for their answers and don't want to wait for the regular experts on a particular board to check in. So they'll take whatever info they can get from the first source they find.

I recently posted about me having only 100 more to go, as in posts, before hitting that 1000 milestone. I never even thought about it not belonging on the community board. The next time I logged on I saw it had been moved to the "Congratulations and Birthday Wishes" board. I didn't even remember there was such a board, as I never go there.

Why do so many people post recipe requests on the Community Board, instead of on the Cooking/Crafting/Scrapping Board?
Lot more views/responses when desperate.

I don't worry about wrong boards, I get more upset about non family oriented posts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter