DIS Digi Scrapping Challenge #38 (12-31 - 1/6/09)

DisneyCruiser2008

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone!!! With the holiday coming up, I thought I'd get our next challenge posted a day early! I'm so happy to be hosting!! :cool1:

For this challenge, we are going to scraplift! Yep -- scraplift! Scraplifting is the ultimate form of flattery in the digi-scrapping world, and I have been doing it a lot lately. There are SO MANY great LOs out there that provide wonderful inspiration -- especially when I am stuck in a scrapping rut. Sometimes I'll be inspired by the overall composition of a LO, sometimes a color scheme, other times the theme of someone's LO will get my digi-scrapping wheels turning.

Your LO needs to be Disney related in some way, shape or form... but the LO you choose to lift does not... You can find your inspiration anywhere you'd like.... in one of the previous challenge threads here on the DIS, in the Disney Flickr Pool, in one of the great online galleries such as the ones at ScrapMatters, Sweet Shoppe Designs, or DigiShopTalk, or anywhere else that strikes your fancy!

Find a LO... use anything about it as inspiration for your own Disney related LO... Once you have completed your LO, post it back here along with a picture (and link if possible, for credits) to the LO that inspired you. That's it... no other rules... Just have fun being inspired!!

Challenge submissions are due by midnight PST on Tuesday, January 6th.

Two lucky winners will receive Jeni Hopewell's ADORABLE Tiny Wrinkled Dots Alpha! :cool1: :dance3: :yay: You can check out the rest of Jeni's goodies HERE in her shop!!

dff60b6bb350ca48aa688283bea4f7b1.jpg

Thanks JENI!!! :worship: I love this alpha. :love: It is SO versatile!! I actually used it in my challenge submission below! :yay:

AND... for some inspiration.... here is my finished LO:

Toy_Story_Mania_-_Page_042.jpg

CREDITS

I chose to Scraplift Heather's (Kswm30B's) *FABULOUS* Magic Kingdom LO:

mk_main600_sm.jpg

CREDITS

Happy Scrapping!!!

Totally cool LO, Christy! I may just scraplift YOU for this one! We'll have to see. We still have one more Christmas celebration to do this weekend, but hopefully I can squeeze some scrapping in soon! Cool challenge!

I scraplifted that LO of Heather's myself once already! HAHA I LOVE to scraplift! This will be a very fun challenge. I LOVE the gift too. AWESOME alpha! :) Very nice of Jeni.

I'm sure I already said this in comments, but I'm so honored that 2 of my fav scrappers scraplifted little ole me! ;) I just love your version! I LOVE TSM, we rode it 4 times, 3 in one day, and we're not ones to ride more than twice on a trip. When we got off the ride the first time, I said to the CM, I *totally* get the wait now! ;) I haven't scrapped it yet, cause it's one of those things I love SO much, I don't think the LO is going to do it justice, you know?

Anyway, lol, I love scraplifting challenges. The hardest part is figuring out what to lift! This reminds me to upload my LOs to the flickr group. I think I joined and added a few, but I have zillions more. :P

Oh, and such a cute prize!

This looks like a fun challenge! I love to scraplift. Will definately be working on this one sometime this week!

I have some time off from work this week, this sounds like a fun challenge and will actually be my very first. Tonight I will be exploring all the galleries and hope I can find something to fits my "newbie" skill level.

I have some time off from work this week, this sounds like a fun challenge and will actually be my very first. Tonight I will be exploring all the galleries and hope I can find something to fits my "newbie" skill level.

OH GOOD!! So glad you will be joining in. :):) No pressure.... Whatever you come up with wll be awesome! :) :)

Great challenge Christy and great PP too! Both of those layouts were wonderful! I'll have to start hunting soon!

I sorta did a combination from two different layouts that inspired me. I absolutely love Christy's layout here (can't wait to download this kit from Britt..;)

I took the second layout for my color inspiration from Kelsey

And here's mine:

This was fun, but a little challenging for me with the limited digi stash I have right now, slowly collecting. :thumbsup2

Sheri -- I saw this over at SM and didn't even connect it to this challenge... LOL! GREAT scraplift!! I love how you totally made your LO your own. Great colors -- super cute sparkles!! So glad you played along. :):)

Here is the scraplifted l.o. i chose, it's by lovegoofy (at S.M.)
here is her lo, (which ironically she scraplifted herself.. LOL)
Dreaming_of_the_magic_-_Page_029.jpg

Here is my layout: (credits - Everything from Britt!)
momandcait.jpg

Thanks so much for hosting Christy!! It's been a while since i have played!

I love this idea and I am ready to go search for a LO to scraplift. On a side note I occasionally work at Toy Story Mania so Heather it may have been me you talked to though more than likely I was the one who broke the news of how long the wait time was. Off to look at LO

Michelle, ooooh.. that ride was SO FUN.. we went in Nov. and can't wait to go back on it in March... what a fun ride!!

Michelle, ooooh.. that ride was SO FUN.. we went in Nov. and can't wait to go back on it in March... what a fun ride!!

Run to that fast pass as fast as you can....the line is too long for me. I cannot believe some people will wait 2 plus hours. It is a cool ride for sure

LOL We actually went right when the park opened, (well, soon after) and had a 40 min. wait, which i don't think we waited that long.. it went by very fast... so we will probably do it that way in March as well, hit it right at opening.. I know, the line for that ride was longer than ToT or RnR!! LOL

LOL We actually went right when the park opened, (well, soon after) and had a 40 min. wait, which i don't think we waited that long.. it went by very fast... so we will probably do it that way in March as well, hit it right at opening.. I know, the line for that ride was longer than ToT or RnR!! LOL

Yep, the best time is right when the park opens or right before it closes. The line moves fast then. You could always run and have one person get a fastpass while the rest of the group gets in line....then you can do it twice.

Super lifts so far guys!

I love this idea and I am ready to go search for a LO to scraplift. On a side note I occasionally work at Toy Story Mania so Heather it may have been me you talked to though more than likely I was the one who broke the news of how long the wait time was. Off to look at LO

Probably not since it was a guy I talked to. ;) But still, how cool! I have some pics of the ride where you can see CM, maybe one of them is you? :) We knew how long the wait would be, but still couldn't believe at about 10am, the FP was for 7pm! We did the character M&G across the way, a few other DHS things, went to the Boardwalk for dinner, and finally came back just for the ride. It was so worth it that we completely changed our touring plan. We weren't coming back to DHS, but instead of going to another park 2 days later, we went to DHS at opening just to ride again. We got a FP, rode standby, used our FP, and since the line wasn't too about (about 30min), we just got back in line again. We don't usually do that, but it was so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter