Dis Dad's Geek Thread

Turkey Lurkey

DIS Dad #551 - All Lurkey, All Turkey
I figured since we've got more space we could throw a thread like this out there. A place where we could discuss our non-Disney obsessions.

Hi, I'm Turkey Lurkey, and I'm a fan of Monty Python, Star Wars, comic books, video games, Dr. Who, Mystery Science Theater 3000, and zombies.

I X-Box, and my gamertag is: turkeycreaux if anyone wants to kill some zombies sometime.

TL

As I'm reading this, I'm working my way through Twist Mountain on Black/White to help out DS#2 get ready for the Pokemon Videogame Championships next month. Does that qualify me?

I don't think being a fan of Monty Python makes you a geek. I own the DVD and have enjoyed many drinking games to it. I'm a Mario Kart Wii gamer. My gamer tag is on FB is someone wants to play sometime.

Any NHL 11 nerds on Xbox PM me. . . love to get a few games in.

On that note, I'm of the Star Wars/Trek cloth, beer and firearms. All nredy obsessions.

Cheers,
Indy

I don't think being a fan of Monty Python makes you a geek. I own the DVD and have enjoyed many drinking games to it.

No, but if you stayed up one weekend to tape all the episodes, including the two german ones, collected all the movies, records, collectible cards, stuffed animals, etc., and could recite entire episodes at the drop of a hat..."fan" doesn't quite decribe it. :rotfl:

TL

Of course Star Wars and Trek. Im a HAM radio operator (technician), Im an avid Geocacher, and I use Steam/Valve for Day of Defeat and Portal (same user name as here)

Steamboat_Wolvie_by_turkeycreaux.jpg

TL

Monty Python....Check
Star Wars...Check
Princess Bride...Check
Comic Books...Check
Video Games...Check
Calculator Watch...Check

hey turkey...
hit me up I'll slay some Zombies with ya....ya like the new map w/ George?

my tag is dadioIII

Geek stuff:
Star Wars
Star Trek (the new movie)
Photography and PhotoShop
Computer games
PS3 games
Home theater enthusiast
iPad stuff (love my new tech tool)
Monty Python
Princess Bride
Harry Potter books
Back to the Future trilogy
Lord of the Rings trilogy
Indiana Jones movies

Well, you get the picture. :rotfl:

hey turkey...
hit me up I'll slay some Zombies with ya....ya like the new map w/ George?

my tag is dadioIII

I'm not sure I know which one that is? Is it DLC?

Oh wait, is the one for COD with Robert England and Danny Trejo? I don't have DOC unfortunately....

TL

Yeah, I resemble that remark...

I'm still laughing over the JLAntarctica reference in the other thread...

Star Wars fans...you know I was watching THE ORIGINAL Star Wars...aka "Episode IV: A New Hope" sometime last year...and noticed that the first line we ever hear our would-be hero Luke Skywalker utter is a whiney complaint.

Now whenever me and DS11 don't get our way we stomp our feet and pout in our whineiest voice...

"But I wanted to go into Tashi Station and pick up some power converters."

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Star Wars fans...you know I was watching THE ORIGINAL Star Wars...aka "Episode IV: A New Hope" sometime last year...and noticed that the first line we ever hear our would-be hero Luke Skywalker utter is a whiney complaint.

Now whenever me and DS11 don't get our way we stomp our feet and pout in our whineiest voice...

"But I wanted to go into Tashi Station and pick up some power converters."

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Heheheh, we do that too. When I was in college, a friend of mine did a compilation of Luke's "Greatest Hits" It started off with Obi Wan saying "That boy is our last hope." followed by a bunch of clips of Luke falling down, getting hit, and whining.

TL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter