DIS Con 2022 details! >>> Schedule Update-Page 15

Hello @Tiggerette...yes, the auction is still on and will end on Sunday (10/2) at 4:30pm Eastern. The shipping details are being worked on, and we hope to have direction on that soon. And thank you...our last family members without power just got it back within the last 30 minutes, so all is well. Our damage was a ceiling leak that'll need to be addressed, but that's incredibly minor compared to what others are enduring.

Yes, @rlk. You'll be receiving an updated Know Before You Go today that'll give specific details, but party guests in the park can go to the area in between Connections Eatery and Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind to check in for the event. I hope that helps.
Hi Deni,

I never received an updated need to know. The only thing I received yesterday from GKTW was an add for a skin care line.

Check your spam folder. If not I can copy and paste the text in the email. Also note it comes from Eventbrite, not GKTW itself.
If you could paste that, I’d really appreciate it. I didn’t receive anything from Eventbrite.

Thank you!

If you could paste that, I’d really appreciate it. I didn’t receive anything from Eventbrite.

Thank you!
The After Party at EPCOT® is tomorrow night and we can't wait to see you!

Below are some key details to know about the party that will help you have as much fun as possible.
PARKING:Complimentary parking will be available at EPCOT.
EVENT DATE:Saturday, October 1, 2022
10:30 pm – 12:30 am
CHECK-IN:Check-in begins at 9:45 pm.
  • If you are entering from outside the park, please use the EPCOT® main entrance.
  • If you are entering from inside the park, please use the courtyard between Connections Eatery and Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.
At check-in, please present the QR code from your EventBrite ticket - either printed or from your phone.
FOOD & BEVERAGEComplimentary desserts and drinks will be served; in addition, a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase.
SHUTTLE SERVICE: Complimentary shuttle service will be available to pick you up at the main entrance of the resorts listed below. The shuttle will be on a tight schedule, so please plan on arriving to your pickup location early to avoid missing the ride. Please look for the bus with a GKTW placard in the front window.
Pick-up will be at the main entrance of each of the following resorts:
9:30pm - Animal Kingdom Lodge
9:30pm - Polynesian Resort
9:30pm - Yacht Club
9:30pm - Saratoga Springs Resort
9:30pm - Riviera Resort
9:45pm - All Star Movies
9:45pm - Grand Floridian
9:45pm - The Boardwalk
9:45pm - Port Orleans Riverside
9:45pm - Caribbean Resort
9:45pm - Coronado Springs Resort
9:55pm - Port Orleans French Quarter
9:55pm - Art of Animation
10:00pm - Contemporary Resort
10:00pm - Swan
10:05pm - Pop Century
10:10pm - Old Key West Resort
RETURN SCHEDULE: Return shuttle service will be available to all on-property resorts. Please follow signage to your resort's motorcoach at the end of the event.
QUESTIONS:If you have any questions, please contact us.

Reactions: rlk

OMG worst check in experience! Was in the park waiting for check in and at 10:30 hundreds of people poured past us and we had to wait until everyone from the front of the park filled Guardians before we got scanned.

The line to Guardians filled before I even got my credentials. Never again.

Gets even better. Get off Guardians just after 11. Go to buy a wine but you have to buy a ticket. Fine. I buy two tickets, walk around get a glass of wine. Only high sugar sweets, nothing I can eat. Fine. Long lines everywhere.

Ride Guardians a second time. Do another lap. Lines for pictures are long. Decide one more ride of Guardians then I’ll get my second wine and relax until 12:30. WRONG!

Guardians slow then we get stuck on the ride stuck takes 45 minutes to get through. We exit 12:35 the wine I had to prepay for is not available. Fine.

They don’t have enough buses. It is now 1:24 and NO BUS. I am sick with exhaustion and miserable.

3 rides I glass of wine and no bus. This is awful.

Gets even better. Get off Guardians just after 11. Go to buy a wine but you have to buy a ticket. Fine. I buy two tickets, walk around get a glass of wine. Only high sugar sweets, nothing I can eat. Fine. Long lines everywhere.

Ride Guardians a second time. Do another lap. Lines for pictures are long. Decide one more ride of Guardians then I’ll get my second wine and relax until 12:30. WRONG!

Guardians slow then we get stuck on the ride stuck takes 45 minutes to get through. We exit 12:35 the wine I had to prepay for is not available. Fine.

They don’t have enough buses. It is now 1:24 and NO BUS. I am sick with exhaustion and miserable.

3 rides I glass of wine and no bus. This is awful.

I think 3 rides and a treat stop isn't too bad since it was only two hours and Guardians was going to be the focus for most people.

I actually thought the most disappointing change was months ago when they replaced Guardians for Remy, a ride with no height requirement. It didn't leave any rides for those coming with small children. They are a children's charity so I kinda found it ironic to not have at least one family ride. Also, for those with motion sickness, like myself, it only left Test Track to ride and that's why I could never justify the cost in my brain.

The bus situation does sounds bad and I am sorry about that. It's a shame this thread has been so dormant this year because in previous years carpools, etc have been arranged. When I read Pop and OKW bus pick up times, I thought both of those were cutting it close, especially if it was still necessary to check in. I would have done something else, but again, the information came out pretty late to pivot.

Did they ever gather estimates for the buses? Did they mistakenly assume all the 80% locals were driving, when in fact some stayed on property? Or I wonder if alot of people's plans changed because of the hurricane and that threw off the bus demand.

The check in time struck me as kinda late if EVERYONE needed to check in. Was it just the in park check in that was bad? Hopefully lessons can be learned for next time.

I would love to hear from others about their experiences. Did anyone ever see the team?

Last edited:
The check in time struck me as kinda late if EVERYONE needed to check in. Was it just the in park check in that was bad? Hopefully lessons can be learned for next time.

I would love to hear from others about their experiences. Did anyone ever see the team?
I went to the party last night.

We were idiots and hung around the park and didn't get in line to check in for the party until around 10. We still hadn't been checked in by the time the people who had waited at the gates were walked over.

Waited in an hour long line for Max, then barely made the line for Donald. By that time all other character waits were cut. So we got in line for Cosmic Rewind, around 12:10 and had an hour long wait. They only had one side open and the line was incredibly slow moving and backed up.

I was happy to give money to GKTW and don't regret it, but the party kind of sucked (for us).

We did see Deni helping to frantically check in those of us who were last in line, but did not speak to her because she was working.

We saw John and Kevin walking around and Craig and Kylie also wandering while we were in line for Max.

I attended the Galaxy's Edge GKTW after party last year and thought that event was much better and had a much nicer crowd level. I do understand 3 attractions and multiple characters were out for last night's event, but it was extremely crowded and I think we'd hoped to meet more than 2 characters (the main reason we went was to meet rare characters). Also the hour long wait for Cosmic Rewind was kind of bizarre.

We were at the party last night and had a good time. I think we did get lucky by getting to the in park check-in early enough to be checked in just before 10:30. Got to ride Guardians three times, and since that was my #1 thing to do that night, I was happy! Do wish we could have skipped the pre-show though. We also got some desserts and got to meet Chip and Dale, and would have liked to meet other characters, but ran out of time.

We ended up giving up on waiting for a bus at the end of the night after about 30 minutes waiting, we had to get up super early for our flights this morning and by 1:15 we were antsy to get back to the hotel and get at least a few hours of sleep. Is it true they waited for the park to completely clear before sending buses? Someone at the ride share stand was saying that, but wasn't sure if that was accurate.

We got lucky within park check in. We were able to ride Guardians x3. We wanted some character pictures but the lines were crazy. After a few snacks, we decided to bail around 12:00am and called an Uber. After hearing the bus reports, I’m glad we decided to do that.

I would have bailed on the bus line myself but the people that did had long waits for pricey ride shares. Plus it isn’t obvious to me where PU is and I was solo. They only had 4 busses and one had 8 stops.

There were at least a dozen CM’s leading us out. They could have lead a group of people through the park to the IG.

If they skipped the pre show on Guardians and kept both lines open after the first hour we would not have had the huge wait at the end.

I really felt bad for Denni. She was so apologetic about the bus wait,

There were at least a dozen CM’s leading us out. They could have lead a group of people through the park to the IG.
Every time there is a party it seems like an afterthought to ask Disney about the IG. Get it in the contract! Even if there is an extra charge for a small security team to walk the crowd out, it’s worth it IMO and more people would stay in those resorts taking demand off the buses.

Last edited:
I would have bailed on the bus line myself but the people that did had long waits for pricey ride shares. Plus it isn’t obvious to me where PU is and I was solo. They only had 4 busses and one had 8 stops.

If they skipped the pre show on Guardians and kept both lines open after the first hour we would not have had the huge wait at the end.

I really felt bad for Denni. She was so apologetic about the bus wait,
We had to ask four different CMs to find the purple awning were ride share picks up. It is very hard to find if you’ve never used ride-share at Epcot before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter