DIS article: An Accessibility Review of Disneyland Paris

bluecruiser

DIS Veteran
Another great article from Kelly Mack (who posted earlier about her experiences as a wheelchair user at WDW during the pandemic).

An Accessibility Review of Disneyland Paris

I found it interesting to see how the accessible experience is different in a foreign country vs. the US, especially for someone who transfers from their wheelchair to the ride car. The article also explains that Disneyland Paris requires a doctor's letter in order to get a DAS.

Surprising info about the Peter Pan ride at Disneyland Paris - the author was not permitted to ride it based on the boxes checked (or unchecked) on her DAS. Apparently this was because they use a ladder with narrow rungs for ride evacuation if needed (see video below). I don't think I could do the ladder with my arthritic knees but I've never been denied to ride Peter Pan at WDW. From what I found they have hidden platforms and steps or ramps throughout the WDW ride for evacuation. Not sure how other Disney parks handle evacuation on Peter Pan.

Surprising info about the Peter Pan ride at Disneyland Paris - the author was not permitted to ride it based on the boxes checked (or unchecked) on her DAS. Apparently this was because they use a ladder with narrow rungs for ride evacuation if needed (see video below). I don't think I could do the ladder with my arthritic knees but I've never been denied to ride Peter Pan at WDW. From what I found they have hidden platforms and steps or ramps throughout the WDW ride for evacuation. Not sure how other Disney parks handle evacuation on Peter Pan.

Actually the Peter Pan ride at WDW is the same. There is a section of the ride that is only accessible by a 15ft ladder if the ride goes down. My son has quadriplegic cerebral palsy, and is totally wheelchair bound. I can lift him in and out of the ride vehicle, but after a good discussion with cast members we agreed that we can’t go on the ride because it wouldn’t be safe for me to carry him down the ladder by myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter