• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

Really? I guess I need to call back. I specifically asked when I called if the price included tax, and the operator assured me that it did. She told me 4 nights at Pop were $465. This made it a better deal than my AP rate. So I went through the whole booking process and right before I gave her my credit card info she said that will be $590. (higher than the AP rate). I balked and she said, "Oh well then I guess it didn't include tax".

I told her that I would book my AP rate instead, but I haven't done so yet. I guess I'll call groups one more time before I book.

The quote on our site includes tax.

If your reservation went from $465 to $590 that cannot be the tax, it's way too big of a difference.

You should call back and make sure the agent is using the group rate and that she was quoting the right resort and the right number of nights.

The quote on our site includes tax.

If your reservation went from $465 to $590 that cannot be the tax, it's way too big of a difference.

You should call back and make sure the agent is using the group rate and that she was quoting the right resort and the right number of nights.

Thanks I will call back today.

Called again, was told Pop was 103 a night for 4 nights ( $116 with tax) total should have been $465.75....AGAIN when I got to the end ready to give my Credit card info I was told that deposit was $148 and 4 night total was $598. I told her to double check. She did. I got my $465 rate. But the lesson here is that 2 different operators gave me the higher rate once it was all totaled. BE VIGILANT. At the beginning of the call, they told me the rate that I was expecting. It wasn't until the end of the call that the rate spiked. Twice. So look at the quote generator and ask right before you give them your credit card what their total is. The numbers should match.

Reading through the thread, it looks like the rooms in the block are in the standard category. Does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade somehow to a different room category? I'm one of those parking-lot-phobes! :blush:

Yep, finally got a chance to do this during business hours today. The word was that the rooms in the block have no particular listed view or type since they are in the group rate. They said you could put in a request for a particular room type, but there's no guarantees, and you can't pay extra to upgrade or lock in a particular room type.

I'm booked at this point, but holding off from making dining reservations until we get some activity dates. I know the 1st there will be things going on, so it's just the other days I'm curious about.

I'm booked at this point, but holding off from making dining reservations until we get some activity dates. I know the 1st there will be things going on, so it's just the other days I'm curious about.

I have a booked a few "must do's" like the new Rapunzel breakfast on a few different days with the intention of cancelling when we have more solid information,

I may start to do that. I need to call and try to change my ressie. I AM at pop and really need more of a kitchen. And fridge. Than at pop

Just booked for 6/1 to 6/5. Will be with DH and DD. I am excited to meet some fellow DIS fans in person. :D

are you able to pay with gift cards through group services? I'm gonna call and book tomorrow

Last edited:
I am so happy. I was able to change my reservation to Fort Wilderness Cabins and added a day. So May 28-6/3 we will be in my Happy place. Pete, we are trying your suggestion of Fort Wilderness. Great rate with Sun and Fun offer. Is it May 27 yet?

I really want to go to this. My Dad and I are thinking of using DVC or going through the groups rate. What would all of you do? If we used DVC, we would borrow from next year.

I really want to go to this. My Dad and I are thinking of using DVC or going through the groups rate. What would all of you do? If we used DVC, we would borrow from next year.

If you own DVC you are always better off. I checked the rates and they're pretty good -but a stay at Poly is still around $400/night. A studio at Poly is 23-25 points/night ...which is basically a net of less than $250, probably closer to $200/night(my situation anyway).

I'm booked at Poly for the week -still not sure I'm going, but I figure I will have no problem renting it out if necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter