Direct Sales Aug 2022

Riviera has better incentives with a longer contract length. I don’t think resale restrictions are an issue for most buyers
The better incentives and longer contract certainly doesn't hurt! We were at the Riviera recently and sitting in the lobby waiting for our room and the foot traffic for DVC room tours was pretty steady. It was actually pretty surprising. Purely anecdotal, I know, and not suggesting otherwise.

Restrictions are a minor sales speed bump - You have to think cost of points vs cost of renting / cash stay. Then RR makes the most sense for an Epcot resort.

I still think that people are looking at MK and Epcot resorts as seperate. That is why so many of us own both. It also is more practical to have direct RR since Poly is much easier to get at 7 months. I did a 250RR direct/100 Poly resale split for that reason.

VGF is also now has the " wait for poly 2" sales hurdle.

Restrictions are a minor sales speed bump - You have to think cost of points vs cost of renting / cash stay. Then RR makes the most sense for an Epcot resort.

I still think that people are looking at MK and Epcot resorts as seperate. That is why so many of us own both. It also is more practical to have direct RR since Poly is much easier to get at 7 months. I did a 250RR direct/100 Poly resale split for that reason.

VGF is also now has the " wait for poly 2" sales hurdle.
You could be right about Poly Tower being a drag on VGF sales. But I wonder if most new buyers are even in the know on Poly Tower enough to hold off? Weren't the majority of contracts sold to new members? I thought that I had read that.

You could be right about Poly Tower being a drag on VGF sales. But I wonder if most new buyers are even in the know on Poly Tower enough to hold off? Weren't the majority of contracts sold to new members? I thought that I had read that.

Both resort sold just under 63% of points to new buyers. Of course, because RIV sold more in total, more actual points were bought by new buyers there over VGF.

I do think it shows that resale restrictions are simply not important enough to away buyers away from the resort when you have the right incentives.

Riviera has better incentives with a longer contract length. I don’t think resale restrictions are an issue for most buyers
Other than the tower studio, the studios at Riviera have the traditional DVC model containing a mini kitchen with sink, minifridge and microwave, and sofa area. Maybe people are speaking out against those resort studios with their wallet….

Other than the tower studio, the studios at Riviera have the traditional DVC model containing a mini kitchen with sink, minifridge and microwave, and sofa area. Maybe people are speaking out against those resort studios with their wallet….
Really think they rushed the whole BPK decision. I think it would have been a wiser decision to add some other room types or at least lowered the points for the BPK rooms slightly to keep some of the pressure off of the Original Villas. We'll see how it plays out. We love VGF, it's our first DVC purchase from 2014.

Grand Floridian and Riviera are both awesome resorts. I've never fully understood the seemingly intense competition between the ardent supporters of either. It almost seems as if some folks want sales at the Riviera to tank to try and make some point. I personally hope sales at both go very well.

Minimal sales at sold out resorts, what are they buying so much back for?
I wonder if they want/are using more inventory for cash reservations. Or so they have more control of availability for resorts when they’re undergoing refurbishment. It’s a mystery, for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter