Direct return flight YOW to MCO now $457!

cmmc

Earning My Ears
I bought a few weeks ago at $537.... most of the time this flight hovers around $800. Anyway, just wanted to give a heads up to any Ottawan thinking of going in May 2019.

I do agree that this is a good price for a direct flight from YOW but just to mention alternatives for the same dates (May 12-19):

FrontierAir : SYR-MCO : $142.99USD = $188CAD with Frontier Discount Den ($49.99USD per year but allows you to buy mulitple tickets (i.e. family of 4 only needs one membership)
AllegiantAir : SYR-SFB : $187.50USD = $247CAD.

This is just the basic fare, no seat selection (which I never get), no check-in or carry-on luggage (which I believe all 3 charge for so might not be a significant difference). You also have to consider parking (e.g. I can Uber from my house to YOW for about $50-60 return. Obviously, that's not an option for SYR), snack on the road, etc and you have to consider the gas to get to / from SYR (I'm sure it's at least $75 of gas for us). Also, obviously SYR is considerably farther than YOW for probably anyone reading this thread so that's a consideration but depending on the number of travellers, the savings are considerable. (e.g. we're a family of 4 so we'd basically save $1000 - personally, I'll drive and fly out of Syracuse to save $1000. For anyone considering it, I believe you can get a "Stay, park and flly" hotel in Syracuse for about $100-$125USD so that's something to consider since you'd save the airport parking fee). You also have to consider the value of your time - the drive to SYR does take a good 3 hours so that's 6 hours total to consider.

If anyone is looking to buy tickets from / to YOW, it looks like AC might have a seat sale on some Florida flights today.

By pure coincidence, I noticed that they have a one-way TPA-YOW flight on Dec 30 (I only checked one way) for $272CAD. Yesterday, I don't think there was anything direct (one-way) for under $1000. I happened to book with Allegiant to OGS yesterday and so I checked prices to YOW before doing that and there was nothing even close (I paid $220CAD for PIE-OGS). I might have booked TPA-YOW for $272 if it had been available (St-Pete is a bit more convenient than Tampa for us but Ottawa is a bit more convenient than Ogdensburg so that's a bit of a wash but it's hard to argue that flying AC isn't more comfortable than flying Allegiant - for several hundred, I don't care but for $50, I'd probably pick AC)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter