͏

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems crazy low. There are rumors of the 125 point increase possibly on direct membership and maybe even new purchases then as well.

I am wondering if Disney is trying to in the short term just take the loss that they know is coming and adjusting FY'21 targets (Oct-Sept is their FY from my understanding). Increasing minimum point purchases does help long term. Low point direct members have paid less profit to Disney allowing for less money to "buy" the incentives.

I am still wondering though if they come out with a limited time 15 day deal to drive sales going in to their FY end which is at the end of September (correct me if I am wrong on that).

This seems crazy low. There are rumors of the 125 point increase possibly on direct membership and maybe even new purchases then as well.

I am wondering if Disney is trying to in the short term just take the loss that they know is coming and adjusting FY'21 targets (Oct-Sept is their FY from my understanding). Increasing minimum point purchases does help long term. Low point direct members have paid less profit to Disney allowing for less money to "buy" the incentives.

I am still wondering though if they come out with a limited time 15 day deal to drive sales going in to their FY end which is at the end of September (correct me if I am wrong on that).
Direct sales reopened 6/22. Assuming a 6 week delay, which is what I've read repeatedly here, we should start seeing contracts from that first week back filed this week. I assume we will see a lot from that first week (just a lot of pent up demand) and then I am not sure what we will see. I don't think it will be good.

Direct sales reopened 6/22. Assuming a 6 week delay, which is what I've read repeatedly here, we should start seeing contracts from that first week back filed this week. I assume we will see a lot from that first week (just a lot of pent up demand) and then I am not sure what we will see. I don't think it will be good.

So there might be delays in areas but I saw contracts with signing dates as late as like July 10 if I remember correctly. With so few contracts it looks like they are running 3-4 weeks but can't say for certain can only go based on what I saw.

Might take another look again later to verify what that latest date was.

Full payment takes longer than mortgage. They are probably also doing more sales away from the parks which means they have to await documents being sent to them via FedEx. All in all, I’m guessing it has delayed at least some of the contracts being filed.

So there might be delays in areas but I saw contracts with signing dates as late as like July 10 if I remember correctly. With so few contracts it looks like they are running 3-4 weeks but can't say for certain can only go based on what I saw.

Might take another look again later to verify what that latest date was.
Full payment takes longer than mortgage. They are probably also doing more sales away from the parks which means they have to await documents being sent to them via FedEx. All in all, I’m guessing it has delayed at least some of the contracts being filed.
I made a direct purchase on 6/27/2020 and it has an estimated closing of 8/3/2020 (per my documents). While I have my contracts and points, my title deed has not yet been recorded, either. DVD utilized docusign for all documents (unlike my first direct contract where we had to return signed documents via fedex mail). We were paying cash (well, via CC) and not financing.

I made a direct purchase on 6/27/2020 and it has an estimated closing of 8/3/2020 (per my documents). While I have my contracts and points, my title deed has not yet been recorded, either. DVD utilized docusign for all documents (unlike my first direct contract where we had to return signed documents via fedex mail). We were paying cash (well, via CC) and not financing.

Have you checked to see if its recorded yet?

I bought on 7/21 and have signed everything I can on my side. I've also sent in the document that required notarization. DocuSign is still showing that my contract is "Waiting for others" to do something with it.

direct DVC sales statistics

recording dates 2020-07-01 to 2020-07-31 (documents proofed by Orange County on 5 Aug 2020)
resortdeedspoints% points
AKV​
6​
545​
4.0%​
BCV​
2​
155​
1.1%​
BLT​
4​
360​
2.6%​
BWV​
2​
100​
0.7%​
CCV​
12​
1,495​
10.9%​
OKW​
6​
720​
5.2%​
PVB​
1​
100​
0.7%​
RVA​
56​
9,255​
67.5%​
SSR​
4​
550​
4.0%​
VGF​
5​
435​
3.2%​

no guaranteed weeks

for RVA points only...
average (mean) 165.3 points
median 175 points
mode 200 points (15 contracts, 3,000 points; 26.8% of all RVA contracts, 32.4% of all RVA points)​

RVA by contract size (note: excludes split contracts; when someone buys 200 points across two contracts it shows as two 100 contracts in data below)
RVA contract sizedeedspoints% totalaverage contract
50-99
3​
155​
1.7%​
51.7​
100-149
14​
1,500​
16.2%​
107.1​
150-199
17​
2,725​
29.4%​
160.3​
200-249
16​
3,225​
34.8%​
201.6​
250-299
5​
1,250​
13.5%​
250*​
300-349
-​
-​
-​
-​
350-399
-​
-​
-​
-​
400-449
1​
400​
4.3%​
400*​
* only 250 and 400 point contracts; i.e. no 255, 292, etc.

delay from effective date (presumably when someone tells their guide they want to purchase though potentially before the signing date if they don't sign same day) to recording date (recorded with Orange county Florida); I've included previous data for reference
View attachment 515947

phun facts:
400 points was the largest contract (RVA); also initial contract (#.000)
25 points was the smallest contract (AKV); fourth contract (#.003) for the same person(s)
oldest effective date was 12 Feb 2020 recorded 9 Jul 2020 (~5 months)
most recent effective date was 14 Jul 2020 recorded 29 Jul 2020 (~0.5 month)
most popular use year was Dec with 30 contracts (30.6% of all contracts)
least popular use year was Oct with 4 contracts (4.1% of all contracts)
4 split contracts consisting of 1,800 points (13.1% of all points); 1,800 points RVA
1x pairs of 100 points​
1x pairs of 200 points​
1x pair of 250 points​
1x four * 175 points​
3 of 4 have initial contract in group (#.000)​
55 initial contracts (#.000) including 3 of the split contracts
37 second+ contracts (#.001+) including 1 of the split contracts
6 were second, third, or forth of a split contract

if you read this far you probably like this; any suggestions for tables, charts, or analysis you're interested in?

https://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/docSearch.jsp
Have you tracked long enough to have a break out of Use Years for Riviera so far?

Ya just have to wait to see what August looks like and maybe early September as we should see volumes then of what was purchases since reopening through the end of the month.

Wondering if this might push better discounts.
I keep wishing for this because having a blue card would be cool but none of the current benefits are worth the price difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter