Dinning Plan - DVC resort - cancellation!

Candikayne

Missing the House of Mouse!
Hi Disers,

I am leaving for SSR in the morning. My big son can not attend our trip. We reserved the dinning plan to be paid for when we arrive. Would we be able to cancel the dinning plan for my son that won't be with us? I am panicking!!!

I don't see why they would make you pay for it. Try calling Member Services now and asking how you can proceed with this. Since you are not canelling your trip, there should not be a problem.

I do not think that you will be able to. The dining plan has to be added or modified at least 3 days before your arrival.

When you check-in and pay for the DDP they will go ahead and process it there. You wont have to pay. I ran into the same situation, just because it was on your reservation it actually doesnt go into the system until you pay. I have cancelled, altered the amount of days, added people all on the day of check-in.

When you check-in and pay for the DDP they will go ahead and process it there. You wont have to pay. I ran into the same situation, just because it was on your reservation it actually doesnt go into the system until you pay. I have cancelled, altered the amount of days, added people all on the day of check-in.
It was my understanding that you no longer paid for the DDP at check-in, but rather at 45 days before your arrival as part of the package (or no less than 3 days before arrival if you added it later). When were you able to pay for the DDP at check-in? Was this a while ago?

It was my understanding that you no longer paid for the DDP at check-in, but rather at 45 days before your arrival as part of the package (or no less than 3 days before arrival if you added it later). When were you able to pay for the DDP at check-in? Was this a while ago?
not for DVC. With DVC you pay at check in

This is a DVC reservation. DVC members do not book packages. They add the dining plan up to 2 days before arrival and pay at check-in.

Don't wait until you get to the resort. Call Member Services and ask what you should do.

Thanks for all the responses.
I was able to remove my son from the DVC reservation entirely.
This also removed him from the dinning plan.
As previously stated with DVC reservations, the Dinning plan is paid for at check-in.

This is my first trip home. I love the flexibility to change my requests with such short notice. My sis went to AAA today to purchase my Disney tickets.....so I saved on that too (not having to purchase my son's ticket as part of a package). I was able to save over $500 today....in tickets and dinning alone.

Hoping to do my first trippie upon my return.

My flight is at 7:35 am....and I can't wait.

Thanks again guys!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter