Dinner near the port?

jlowejd5

DIS Veteran
We're flying in the day before our February cruise, staying at the Radisson. Does anybody have any suggestions for dinner that night? We'll have a car, so that's not a problem. Any suggestions would be welcome. Maybe some local-type place?

We like Grills www.visitgrills.com

The food is good and it is right on the channel where the ships leave. It is fun to eat there and then the next day pass it as you are sailing out.

We ate at Grills on Saturday 1/10 recently before our Wonder cruise. Great food and location. We stayed at the Radisson too, and it was about a 5 min drive. Get there around 4:30 to secure a table (it gets busy later) and then go out on the deck and watch the ships (including the Magic if its a Saturday night) go right by the restaurant...great experience to get you in trip mood!

There is a pizza place just across the parking lot from the hotel. Sorry that I can't remember the name. We walked over in the afternoon and they arranged to seat 18 of us later that night.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2057469

There are several rest' on the south side of the port along the way from the cruise ship piers to the port entr.

At the eastern most end of the port, at the jettys, is Jetty park. There is an admission charge to the county park but if you want to see the ship leave the port, that's where it 'technically' happens, at the end of the jetty. The north side is Cape Canaveral AFB and a closed area.

In the port the western most rest' is a new one, Millikan's Reef I believe is the name. It is large, with lots of outside bar and deck and several dining room. Early reviews have been good. Here you'll actually have a chance of seeing a ship leave the pier and head down the channel....they'll pass here first.

The eastern most rest' is Grills. There is a large deck area and many like it. I eat there a lot, there's entertainment on the weekends etc etc. BUT, between Millikan and Grills are Rusty's and Fishlips and BOTH offer the same type entertainment on the weekends .. I believe Fishlips has outside pool tables on the deck.... all have similar menus.

Which is better? Usually if the wait at one is too long we head to the next! IMHO...very similar.....but locals do have their fav' (and so far as I know Grills is the only one to offer breakfast) I'll admit we've eaten at Grills more than the others....cuz spousal unit likes the bacon wrapped scallop appetizer and has that and conch fritters as lunch after church on Sunday, when there's no wait.

Now all these rest are not what I'd all walking from the Raddisson.... Actually I WOULD walk it but I walk far routinely...this is less than 2 miles, but you'd need to cross busy roads. If you have a car or need taxi the trip is short and the hotel shuttle has been reported to take folks to any of the Port places. Kelsey's is a pizza place right in the hotel parking lot. It is good (not GREAT...nothing special) but no water view.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter