• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dinner choice

dgagnon519

DVC member AKL since 2009 and SSR since 2020
We were planning on doing Garden Grill because we would like pictures with Chip and Dale. We have heard the food is not good though and figure we can see Chip and Dale somewhere else.

We are staying at BVC and will be at Epcot that day. We are looking for a dining option for dinner that is in the vacinity. It will be me and DD12 and DS9
We will not be on dining plan. We will have TIW.

Should we keep the GG as our choice?

We are already eating at the following earlier in the trip:
Akershus
Le Cellier
San Angel Inn
Marrakesh
Teppan Edo
Cape May Cafe (dinner)

We were thinking maybe Via Napoli, opinions?

We went to Les Chefs before and it did not have a good experience. We also do not like Coral Reef. We do not want to eat on the BW.

Sorry for being so picky, lol.
Hope you all can help. Thanks!!

Personally, we have always enjoyed the GG. I've eaten there at least three times. I thought the food was just as good as most Disney restaurants. I love that they will bring you more of anything that you really do like, which there were a few things that I loved (I'm vegetarian, but the rest of my family are meat eaters).

The revolving restaurant inside the Land ride is a novel experience. The character interaction is one of the best I have had at Disney World. They come by several times and really spend time with your table. My two (then) ten year old boys really enjoyed it in January.

But if you decide on something else, the campfire at the campground is a great place to see Chip and Dale. You can go early and interact with them before everything starts. They have hoola hoops and balls for the kids to play with in a grassy area before it gets dark. We got pictures of my daughter with C & D. You can stay for the sing-a-long, marshmallow roast, and movie, or not. Best of all, its free! (except for the marshmallows!)

We just went to Garden Grill and really liked it. The characters come to you and actually hang out for a minute. DS loved watching the revolving scenery as well. It will now be a must do on future trips. That being said the only other restaurant that is a must for us is Via Napoli. DH and DS love pizza and they have amazing pizza.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter