Dinner Buffets

The Paradise Pier PCH Grill has a dinner buffet. Storyteller's Cafe in the GCH offers a choice of buffet or a la carte. Neither of these buffets offer characters except for on special holidays such as Thanksgiving or New Year's Eve, maybe Christmas Eve or Christmas but I haven't checked on those.

The Paradise Pier PCH Grill has a dinner buffet. Storyteller's Cafe in the GCH offers a choice of buffet or a la carte. Neither of these buffets offer characters except for on special holidays such as Thanksgiving or New Year's Eve, maybe Christmas Eve or Christmas but I haven't checked on those.

The Storyteller's buffet does offer characters, but only for breakfast when it's buffet only.

I recommend PCH Grill at Paradise Grill. It hasn't been crowded when I've gone, and the food is pretty good.

The dinner buffet at Paradise Pier was not very good. Very small servings and limited selection. Goofy's is so much better.

The dinner buffet at Paradise Pier was not very good. Very small servings and limited selection. Goofy's is so much better.

I 2nd that! We tried it in November and the food was just blah. Not a great selection and most of the hot items were barely warm. We will be trying Storytellers or Goofy's next trip.

Hmm...that's disappointing to hear. Last time we tried the dinner buffet at Paradise Pier was a little over a year ago. The food was very tasty, and although the buffet wasn't huge there was a decent selection of things to choose among. I actually liked that only small portions were out at once because it made the foods on the line seem fresher and small portions at a buffet are ideal for me to get to try a lot of things. The place was adequately staffed the night we went so items that were out were being refreshed with reasonable speed except for the beef at the carving station and the shrimp pasta.

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like Paradise Pier gets mixed reviews. So basically Goofy's Kitchen or Storyteller Cafe for dinner buffet.

I assume it's same options for lunch? Or brunch is ok too but our hotel offers breakfast and seems a shame to spend lots of time in a restaurant during lower crowd ride times.

We love the dinner buffet at Storyteller's! It was one of those meals we put off trying for years and when we finally did it we couldn't believe we waited so long!! We now try to do it every trip. We've also done the California beach cook out style buffet at PPH. It's very good as well. But, you can't beat the atmosphere of Storyteller's. It's absolutely beautiful. Great food and amazing ambiance.

Oh! Forgot to mention! We have also done the Goofy's Kitchen buffet dinner. It was pretty good? Not super memorable. But, if you can't do breakfast at GK you may want to do it for dinner. We love the characters and the place is pretty fun.

So I would say 1. Storyteller's, 2. PCH Grill, 3. Goofy's. But honestly they are ALL good! You really can't go wrong with any of them!! Enjoy it!

The PCH buffet does have the pizza to order, though. Which is a plus compared to most buffet pizzas, which aren't usually very good.

I thought the food was better at storyteller's, but the food at goofy's kitchen was better than I expected and the dinner was really fun with all the characters!

The dinner buffet at Paradise Pier PCH is a total waste of time and MONEY, a cold cheeseburger from McD's is a better option :sad2: . Do NOT WASTE your time or money :crazy2: !Getting through SECURITY to enter the Disney Grand Californian from PCH was rather a magical experience though :tink:. Dinner at Storytellers was a very pleasant experience :hyper2:. Very good food and Great service :love: . The staff at Storytellers were on top of their game the last time we were there :dance3:. We always enjoy ourselves at Storytellers pixiedust:.

I've enjoyed the buffets at Storyteller's and PCH Grill twice for dinner and loved them. By contrast, I felt that the food at Goofy's Kitchen was just ok.

Storytellers dinner buffet is one of my husband's favorites. I just can't personally eat that much anymore - our first experience for an anniversary we overdid it and then got extra dessert treats and while amazing food , it was sooo much lol.

I haven't done Goofys but I highly recommend Storyteller's and the good news is they have a regular dinner menu so not everyone must choose the buffet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter